Something wrong with chat?

Alex95

Is chat undergoing some maintenance or something, because I haven't seen anyone in there for a while and I can't load it?

Granted, it could just be that everyone suddenly decided to just stop using Chat (in which case, Specta would be out of a job :P) or it's my crappy internet connection or both. But just wondering if there's something going on.

Edited by Power Master

Could be that everyone else is busy, and is somewhere else IRL?

I dunno about that. I've been trying to get in for the past week, but I always get an error after a several minute loading attempt. I assumed it was going under maintenance.

Edited by Esme

bruv what is with you and the chat.

I get bored, idk.

it doesnt load right for me and when it does it's really crappy

I dunno about that. I've been trying to get in for the past week, but I always get an error after a several minute loading attempt. I assumed it was going under maintenance.

Okay, well, at least now I know it's not just me. But I wonder what's going on, though...

we just all really like specta

Specta's the only best IPChat mod I know :)

Could be that everyone else is busy, and is somewhere else IRL?

Everybody? All at once? We have over ten thousand people that are a part of this forum (whether they're active or not), so I find that kind of unlikely.

I clicked chat just now and it marks me as in there, but I can't load the chat room so I can't leave. XP

Edited by Power Master

yooo chat is back lmao shit is lit

I've tried. Seen eight people in there, but I couldn't get in...

EDIT: Never mind. Just took me a while to get in there. YAY!

Edited by Power Master

It takes a few tries to get in, is all. But even then since you get auto-kicked for idling for too long, not many people stick around for long since they need to go through the same effort to reconnect.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've gotten a lot of questions about this I may as well make a post here.

The IPChat is separate from the forum, we pay a yearly fee to use it. When there are issues like this with the chat, it's completely up to the IPChat people to fix it and there's next to nothing that Jyo or I can do. Chances are you'll see it fixed and back to normal in a while if it's having issues.

Right now the main issues appear to be fixed, the only thing I've had reported is that there's a delay when entering and exiting it.

• 3 weeks later...