Realm of Mirrors - Game Over

Grace

[spoiler=Story]There existed two worlds. They could be considered light and dark versions of each other, if you will. These worlds are imposed on each other, but neither knew of the explicit existence of the other. However, each world could see the other, but only through mirrored surfaces. Everything would continually align as to make both worlds continue on in blissful ignorance of the other.

One day this changed. A powerful warlock from the Dark World had managed to ascertain the existence of the parallel Light World. Through a large period of research, they determined that by inputting a excessively large amount of magical energy through a mirror, they could force open the barrier between the worlds. So, at this point, the warlock proceeds through this action. At that moment, as the mirror shatters and a portal forms, a huge amount of heat, as a requirement to restabilize, immediately fills the surrounding area, enough to completely incinerate the warlock where they stood. Accompanied by a huge booming sound, parties from both worlds became aware of the portal's location and existence.

Officials from a nearby city-captial from the Light World decide to send a regiment of guards out to protect from potential outsiders intruding into their world. Constant watch was upheld, with there being a daytime watch and a nighttime watch.

Over time, the numbers of those guards slightly dwindle, with no outsiders being present at any time over that time period. The leaders among the regiment conclude that people within must be sabotaging the effects to guard the portal. The daytime guard is tasked with trying to find out who might be responsible. As it turns out, the perpetrators end up being among that group, and are now attempting to mislead as many people as possible while furthering their own agenda.

It's that time again.

[spoiler=Mechanics]1. This game is No Outside Contact (NOC), meaning there will be no talk outside of the thread, unless you are allowed to via your role or faction.

2. The game will start on Day One.

3. No hidden players.

4. Vote using the ##Verb: (player) system. Makes it so much easier on everyone.

5. This is a modified hammer game. Half of the remaining votes plus one rounded down ((x/2)+1) will lynch someone instantly. Once someone hammers, there is no talking until I post the flip. Modkills will be dealt out if someone talks after a hammer post, with exceptions at my discretion (use post preview people, it helps).

a) If at the end of a day there is no hammer, if the player with the most votes has at least one third of the possible votes rounded down, they will be lynched.

i) Not enough votes for a lynch means universal loss the first time. There is no second chance.

ii) No Lynch is an acceptable lynch option, but the vote rules for players still apply.

b) Vote amounts required to lynch/hammer during the game as stated by me will always be accurate. If I say an amount of votes, hammer occurs at that amount no matter what.

i) Modifiers like Hated/Loved will trigger as appropriate based on the number of votes required.

6. Role PM's will be flipped on death.

a) If a player is modkilled for any reason, they will not flip. Their Role PM and alignment will remain hidden. That player also cannot win the game with their faction.

i) Abuse cases like intentionally getting yourself modkilled as you are about to be lynched to hide your own flip, etc, will never end well for you. I will probably just flip you normally in those cases.

ii) Any attempt to tactically modkill yourself will probably result your faction being worse off anyway. Dont push it.

7. If 3 people are modkilled, the game ends in universal loss.

8. I will not confirm in thread if the town has reached LYLO or a variant thereof.

9. Days will be 72 hours, and nights 24 hours. This is not barring extreme personal circumstances on my end. Extensions may be granted if needed. This is not an excuse to be lazy! If you ask for an extension and activity hasnt been great, I will probably deny the request.

a) Talking is not allowed during the night.

10. If you have more than one ability, you may only use one on any given night. No exceptions. If you don't want to use your role on a given night, reply to your Role PM with Night X - Idle. Need to make sure you're paying attention. Any players without an action submitted by deadline will be warned and will forceidle. Second consecutive warning gets you modkilled.

a) Mafia may no-kill without limit should they desire.

b) You may not target yourself unless otherwise stated.

11. Night results: Investigation results are guaranteed to be accurate, redirects will be revealed, and who one was redirected to, roleblocks will be announced, and any other failed actions will not be provided with a reason why. Successful protection actions will not be disclosed.

a) If a limited use ability is roleblocked, it will not consume a use. If the action failed for other reasons it will not consume a use.

12. No items in this game. Items are lame.

13. If your Role PM contradicts the rules, your Role PM is right.

14. The towns wincon is as follows: You are aligned with the Portal Guardians. You win when all threats have been eliminated."

[spoiler=Rules]1. No direct quoting Role PM's or communications in any way, shape or form. If you want to give results, paraphrase. Any violations will get you modkilled.

a) You can also paraphrase role flavor, give your role name, and give your role without repercussion.

2. You can ask any question of me regarding the game. I reserve the right to not always give a straight answer if it pertains to information that you shouldn't know. Ask questions if you're not sure about whether something isn't allowed or not.

3. Don't talk to people that are not playing about the game. You never know what could happen.

4. Dead people are dead. Period. No nonsense like reviver in this game. If a dead person has access to any quicktopics, they cannot post in them. There is no graveyard, but you may talk to other dead players without repercussions.

a) Obvious implication; information cannot pass from the dead to the living. If you're dead avoid talking to alive players.

5. Players that are AWOL for a day and night phase will be modkilled. If you are going to be away, please let me know in advance. I probably wont modkill you then. I will consider subbing if you are going to be away for an extended period of time.

6. Requests for subs need to either be in the game thread or role PM.

7. Please dont be lame in general. Seriously, this has to be a rule.

8. And if there is something I've missed, it will be placed above and posted in thread.

9. If you feel that a game or general forum rule was violated, please do not post about it in the game thread, but contact one of the following people instead:

- Manix

- eclipse

- Balcerzak

Links:

Day One Start

Votals 1.1

Votals 1.2

Day One End

Day Two Start

Votals 2.1

Votals 2.2

Day Two End

[spoiler=Playerlist]

ClarinetsandOboes - Town Vanilla - Lynched Day One

CT075 (Cam) - Town Sidekick - Killed Night One

Oceanbourne - Mafia BP Follower - Lynched Day Two

Paperblade - Town Watcher - Killed Night Two

Green Poet - Town Lynchbreaker Mayor - Killed Night Two

CobyTheKid Freyjadour - Town Vanilla - Lynched Day Three

Sunwoo - Townn Vanilla - Killed Night Three

Izhuark Zerosabers - Town Bodyguard - Killed Night Three

Elieson - Town Vanilla - Lynched Day Four

SB - Mafia Decoy Leader - Killed Night Four

commie scum (Junko) - Town Vanilla - Killed Night Four

Shin - Town Vanilla - Endgamed Night Four

Quote (Via) Refa - Absorber Poisoner SK - Won Night Four

Edited by Curly Brace

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUYS GUYS AM I TOO LATE AM I TOO LATE

(that's an /in)

(disclaimer: the last time i played this game was july 2014. don't expect me to play good)

Edited by CT075

something i thought of while i was out

christmas is like, just around the corner, so if people want to sign up and start after christmas, we can do that.

edit: slight edit to OP

Edited by Curly Brace

"oh yeah christmas i forgot about that" - manix, 2015

also im in

btw i hate subbing remind me never to sub into a game again

I'll be in Universal Studios from December 26 to December 29, so feel free to just keep me as a sub if the game starts earlier.

Edited by Refa