Chapter 5 Cutscene + 15 Minutes gameplay footage in English

RidellCrimea

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I just wish there was more with Nohrians... Those are the voices I'm must curious about and the most questionable during the Smash reveal, and I heard little of them. But the acting was spot-on this time, particularly Mikoto's. Motherly, cool. I liked her.

Ryoma stands out. Hate the character, but his voice suits him very well.

Sakura is good. Mature-sounding, but suitably squeaky and girlish when things happen.

Takumi is familiar. I'm glad to hear his voice a little when he isn't raspy and violent.

When I heard Corrin scream, "MOTHERRRRR!" I was reminded of Jin Kisaragi's "BROTHERRRR!" meltdowns, haha, but Corrin is good. Now I just need to hear the female one..

Azura was decent. Didn't stand out, but it was good for her.

Did Hinoka even speak? She's easy to overlook for me.

Yukimura was even pretty good. And I guess his name stays Yukimura! Rejoice!

I think you should tag the second video as spoilers.

Ryoma really sounds great, makes me want to play Hoshido more.

Sakura sounds about right.

Takumi seems to keep his distrust so that's good.

Aqua's song was decent, I want to hear it in game for myself.

Garondorf sounds like a pedophile when he's talking about Kamui.

Kamui is alright.

Edited by Zerosabers

Holy fuck that Suzukaze voice... what happened to him??

Xander's voice still doesn't suit him. "YOU'RE NOT HURT ARE YOU?" sounded very...spritely. But Elise is more tolerable.

I cringed when I heard that line. But I listened to the rest of the gameplay and thought it was much better than what we heard in the Smash video. All in all everybody did a good job (except Kaze, my God). My fav voices so far are Garon, Ryoma, Sakura and Xander. Even Elise is also better here, imo.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Holy fuck that Suzukaze voice... what happened to him??

I cringed when I heard that line. But I listened to the rest of the gameplay and thought it was much better than what we heard in the Smash video. All in all everybody did a good job (except Kaze, my God). My fav voices so far are Garon, Ryoma, Sakura and Xander. Even Elise is also better here, imo.

Yeah, Xander's other lines were pretty well-done, but that was indeed cringe-inducing.

Kaze wasn't HORRIBLE. I liked how he sounded when he said, "Remain Calm." But other than that, I was disappointed. At least Elise was a bit better.

Leo was perfect. "You have the Devil's own luck." sounded cool.

Rinkah was a good tough female voice.

Impressions typed up as I watch:

Ryoma is Matt Mercer, without a freaking doubt.

Garon really does come off as mob boss.

Mikoto sounds a bit like Laura Bailey.

Yukimura sounds pretty good (can't identify the VA).

Hinoka's laugh was... weird.

Takumi... I think I was on the mark with Ben Diskin.

Okay, Hinoka sounds a bit like Kate Higgins; fairly husky.

Corrin was pretty good... until "Moooother!". As somebody else said, the intonation unfortunately resembles Jin Kisarigi's "Brooother!", and really kills the moment.

Raijinto? Character limitations, probably.

I can't guess off the top of my head who Rinkah's voiced by.

Okay, this was from a preview event because it's blatantly obvious Derrick is playing it; who else would suck that bad at it?

Camilla... *shrugs*.

Leon... somebody who obviously has similiar vocal range to David Vincent, but isn't him.

Holy crap, the voice acting is stupidly better on the decision scene. Why did they have that directionless crap in the Smash trailer?

EDIT: And people are writing off Suzukaze because of two battle grunts and one line. Why am I not surprised?

Edited by The DanMan

I dunno what to say, wasn't Bronze perfectly fine in the other games? Why make it Brass now? Or is it just for Nagi/Clubs?

Raijinto looks silly, but I'm glad they kept Kodachi.

Presumably all this is finalized I guess

Update 1.01:

I hope that they fixed the whole avoid vs dodge fiasco

In other news, why something as silly as "Cannot make follow up attacks"

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Thank God it's not Smash!Elise and Smash!Xander.

Still, a pretty good teaser IMO.

I did a brief analysis here, if you want some details without watching the videos and getting spoiled with that much information (although everything I listed is something that the viewer could be aware of without much effort, assuming they watched the Smash!Direct).

I dunno what to say, wasn't Bronze perfectly fine in the other games? Why make it Brass now? Or is it just for Nagi/Clubs?

Raijinto looks silly, but I'm glad they kept Kodachi.

Presumably all this is finalized I guess

Update 1.01:

I hope that they fixed the whole avoid vs dodge fiasco

In other news, why something as silly as "Cannot make follow up attacks"

"Raijinto" was probably due to character limitations. They kept Raijin, at least; it's better than the alternative of entirely re-naming it. Or would you rather have an "Ephraim's Lnc" situatione?

"Cannot make follow up attacks" is silly? Sure, it isn't "cannot double attack", but it gets the point across.

Yea.

With Brave Weapons existing; Double Attacks might make newer players interpret it as "oh cool I can hit twice!". Follow Up implies a second strike after something else occurs. Double Attack just implies two hits, no priority/order.

All of the little giggles sounded a bit awkward to me. Especially Corrin's "Ahaha *wheezing* ha ha"

It was alright the first time, but when they re-used it within five minutes of the first instance it got a tad annoying.

Can we talk about how amazing the player was? :Kappa:

EDIT: And people are writing off Suzukaze because of two battle grunts and one line. Why am I not surprised?

come on everyone would sound bad compared to Ono D.

Can we talk about how amazing the player was? :Kappa:

come on everyone would sound bad compared to Ono D.

That was painfully obviously Derrick. A testament to his skills: on the pirate ship in FE7, he placed Sain near Lucius because he was worried about Lucius handling half a dozen dark mages (said dark mages were doing 2 damage and had a 20% chance of hitting him, while Lucius was 1RKO-ing them).

The Dark Mages then proceeded to mob and kill Sain.

As for your second point: did Frederick get met with a similiar reaction?

Edited by The DanMan

takumi from what I have heard sounds like Yuri Lowenthall

also the player was andre he said so himself in the preview video

Edited by Knight of Ratatosk

As for your second point: did Frederick get met with a similiar reaction?

Hey that's not fair because Kyle Herbert is also a god so it's okay. Also the quality of Awakening's dub is quite a bit higher than this from what I've been hearing so far.

Kaze will take some getting used to. Maybe they should've gotten Kyle for him again :P