Gamestop Pre-Orders Are Being Cancelled for SE

riolumaster

I heard they were being cancelled, so I called my Gamestop and learned mine was cancelled too. Pretty sure its only in store preorders, but check to make sure

EDIT: So it seems as if I may have jumped the gun. My order wasn't outright "cancelled", but it was classified as Do Not Reserve. Based on what other people have said here's what we know and assume:

1. Gamestop employees don't know for sure what's going on

2. It seems as if any orders made within a few days will be safe, and any orders made recently are not safe

3. Online orders seem to be fine

4. This has only happened in the US

My preorder was made the day after the Direct, so hopefully I will be fine. I hope everyone else will be fine too and that we get an official statement soon.

Edited by riolumaster

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they really being cancelled? Is there a specific reason as to why or in what areas they're cancelling it in?

I really hope they aren't, since I put down the full price for it and I only pre-ordered it at Game Stop :/

NekoKnight: My friend preordered in a store so it's probably just the in store ones. I can't speak for everyone else though.

Edit: Also my friend hadn't paid it off yet and he went today to finish it off but was just told this. Just putting it out there in case it means anything.

Edited by Hatsuoki

NekoKnight: My friend preordered in a store so it's probably just the in store ones. I can't speak for everyone else though.

Edit: Also my friend hadn't paid it off yet and he went today to finish it off but was just told this. Just putting it out there in case it means anything.

I'm not sure if paying it off is a prerequisite. Online orders aren't paid until they ship. It might just be a local supply misunderstanding. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone who paid ahead of time had their order canceled.

My friend and I preordered in-store and we just finished paying off the thing some time ago, so if our order got canceled this is going to be a massive pain.

Wow I thought this was just in my area cause it's not the first time this type of bs has happened.

If they are being completely removed are we just screwed? I can't really think of any other places to pre-order outside of Amazon which is completely out of stock

Oooooh ok.....

So i called my gamestop cuz this is a very dastardly rumor. People may have misunderstood. They are no longer taking any more preorders for that version of the game. It says "DO NOT RESERVE" on the databases in their computers, but it shoudnt be outright canceling existing preorders? My preorder is still in the system and the game still reserved for me. But if i were to make another preorder (or if someone were to try to preorder it now), it would deny it. I have at least 35 clams already paid on the thing, so....
My guy is gonna call if it actually happens to get cancelled.

I hope that Canada is okay here… although given the apparent record of low supplies in Canada, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a problem….

Honestly, all these hoops we've had to jump through for SE here upon reflection has felt like more trouble than its worth…..

I have an SE on pre-order right now, but who knows whether it will actually remain intact at this rate…. anyways, I'm pretty sure that EB (Canadian Gamestop) would be compelled to return my $5 deposit if they canceled my order on me in the future, right? I have the original receipt….

If something goes wrong, I'll still get the game…. I've been looking forward to Fates too much and for too long…. but I'm kind of feeling mad at the current situation…..

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but in Japan, the physical + digital + digital approach only took a few hundred blocks per route (as opposed to thousands if it was pure digital). Right? Its something like 1500 blocks or so between one of the original two routes + Revelation as digitals downloaded onto your SD card for a physical copy of another of the original routes, right? So my 13000 blocks (approximate) on my SD card should be more than enough, assuming its anything like the Japanese release, right?

EDIT: In light of post #13, I'm hoping that this has all been somehow some horrible misunderstanding…

Edited by astrophys

Sounds to me like it could be a distribution issue. Places with too many preorders might not be able to fill the quota and hence the canceling for some. I may get off the hook because my area is really small and preorders may only be in the lower single digits. Like FE13...Nintendo likely only made a limited amount of these despite demand. And this is happening. I do know for certain: New preorders for the SE are definitely barred. That is what the DO NOT RESERVE means in the computers.

Still sucks a lot of wanky. Holy shit, not again...

Damn hope mine isn't cancelled. I preordered ordered it the first day pre orders were being taken in but I paid 25 total. I'm on vacation and won't return until Friday to know so I hope it's not the case for first day pre orders right? Please let me know. I could pay it full if that means a gurantee when I return

Edited by Alvic

I paid my preorder in full the day they put preorders up. My preorder is still good according to my Power Up Rewards account. I know that GameStop tends to take too many preorders and they cancel the ones who haven't paid in full if it gets to the point where they have to cancel. They better not cancel mine, but I don't think they will because FE is not very popular where I live and I placed it early.

Going by how things were handled with amiibo, it's extremely likely Gamestop stores weren't given concrete numbers and oversold. Considering I've heard of people still able to preorder the special edition as of yesterday, I could see that being the case. They aren't going to cancel everyone's preorders, but if you got a preorder after the first day there is a chance it could happen.

I paid my preorder in full the day they put preorders up. My preorder is still good according to my Power Up Rewards account. I know that GameStop tends to take too many preorders and they cancel the ones who haven't paid in full if it gets to the point where they have to cancel. They better not cancel mine, but I don't think they will because FE is not very popular where I live and I placed it early.

I didn't even realize I could check my preorders on there. Currently, mine is still preordered.

Going by how things were handled with amiibo, it's extremely likely Gamestop stores weren't given concrete numbers and oversold. Considering I've heard of people still able to preorder the special edition as of yesterday, I could see that being the case. They aren't going to cancel everyone's preorders, but if you got a preorder after the first day there is a chance it could happen.

I put 25 dollars down the day after the SE was announced, which I believe is the first day the in store orders started.

My Gamestop didn't outright "cancel" my order, they checked the system and it said "Do Not Reserve". I'm still debating whether I should get my money back now or see if I can get to the store early and use the 25 dollars.

So a gamestop manager us this on the FE group page.

"Everyone needs to relax. From what I can tell the sku was reopened on accident so to prevent more reservations they changed the name of the sku to "do not reserve". This made it so the employees cannot over reserve anymore. So to those who recently preordered it, there may be a chance your reservation could get cancelled. For those who reserved it the day of or after the direct you should be fine. I will update the group if I hear anything different"

I put 25 dollars down the day after the SE was announced, which I believe is the first day the in store orders started.

My Gamestop didn't outright "cancel" my order, they checked the system and it said "Do Not Reserve". I'm still debating whether I should get my money back now or see if I can get to the store early and use the 25 dollars.

I did too, and this was what my guy told me. He told me my preorder was in tact because he checked while over the phone.

So a gamestop manager us this on the FE group page.

"Everyone needs to relax. From what I can tell the sku was reopened on accident so to prevent more reservations they changed the name of the sku to "do not reserve". This made it so the employees cannot over reserve anymore. So to those who recently preordered it, there may be a chance your reservation could get cancelled. For those who reserved it the day of or after the direct you should be fine. I will update the group if I hear anything different"

This lines up with what my guy told me, but he wasnt sure wtf happened and heard nothing from corporate. I placed my preorder the day after the Direct, so i should be fine and so should everyone else who had done so. Still sucks a huge wanky for those who got theirs in later.

When did the direct happen? I assume they kinda fucked up somewhere lol.

So chances are if you pre-ordered within this month you're probably fucked but if you pre-ordered somewhere around the direct you should be fine.