Gamestop Pre-Orders Are Being Cancelled for SE

riolumaster

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered the day they were taking them. It was after the day the direct happened. Went to the store immediately after school and paid 25. I'm gonna confirm because if Idk then I'm gonna have to download it and that's not fun. Give gamestop a call when I return

I didn't even have the chance to pre-order... Dammit! Hopefully I can still get one, given that the alternative involves spending e-money I don't have, and that's no fun...

E shop cards?

Don't have 'em. And I might have other priorities that are liable to overtake getting 'em...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

No retailers have them where you're at? Well hopefully you get one.

It's not that they don't have E-shop cards - it's that I don't have them, and might not be able to get any even if I wanted, because it turns out I have something else that I want even more.

For the record: mine appear safe. I'm pretty confident I had the first pre-order at my store (went in immediately after the direct and set it up to get the pre-order in as soon as the game was in their database), so I'll be uber-pissed if mine gets cancelled.

Hopefully it's just a case of them taking a few too many pre-orders and not a massive cancellation spree.

I didn't even have the chance to pre-order... Dammit! Hopefully I can still get one, given that the alternative involves spending e-money I don't have, and that's no fun...

Doesn't matter. The story is not all that good, average at most and that the entire game is practically nerfed which ruins the enjoyment if you go back to other games.

Doesn't matter. The story is not all that good, average at most and that the entire game is practically nerfed which ruins the enjoyment if you go back to other games.

This is not the time or place for this post.

---

I happened to be at Gamestop earlier today, and even though there was some weirdness about it, it looks like my order is safe. I suppose it helps that I'm a regular there, so they know how, uh, fanatical I can be about FE!

I'm glad I preordered it the second it was available at Gamestop and Amazon

being paranoid I ordered an extra copy if one were to be canceled. If I had gotten both I would have probably sold it to a friend

anyway I was the first person to preorder it in store the day it was availabe, so I really shouldn't have a problem

well there is always eBay where people are selling preorders for $300 lol

This is not the time or place for this post.

I know. D:

But...still the game goes too far to bringing too much fanservice in along with the games mechanics being evil enough as it is that will sure to get them killed at some point which is further intriguing. Why throw such pointless things in such as skinship and things when it is real combat when, if your character is felled, they are defeated for good! It further makes some of us mad because of the way that the game is set to ensure that no one survives without careful strategism with the fanservice to further tick us off. If online battles had perma death in them, we hardly would have no participants, if any, or they sure as hell wouldn't save their progress. I'm going to get the game anyway for completionists sake. (To save the series) But...be warned of the mechanics being different than any other game in the series along with more pitiful caps.

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

I know. D:

But...still the game goes too far to bringing too much fanservice in along with the games mechanics being evil enough as it is that will sure to get them killed at some point which is further intriguing. Why throw such pointless things in such as skinship and things when it is real combat when, if your character is felled, they are defeated for good! It further makes some of us mad because of the way that the game is set to ensure that no one survives without careful strategism with the fanservice to further tick us off. If online battles had perma death in them, we hardly would have no participants, if any, or they sure as hell wouldn't save their progress. I'm going to get the game anyway for completionists sake. (To save the series) But...be warned of the mechanics being different than any other game in the series along with more pitiful caps.

This is a topic about pre-orders, not your grievances with Fates.

Do not derail the topic further.

This is a topic about pre-orders, not your grievances with Fates.

Do not derail the topic further.

Ok.

But...I cannot pre order it till next month anyway and can always use the Conquest game with the online's other two quests if the Special Edition pack is out!

I know. D:

But...still the game goes too far to bringing too much fanservice in along with the games mechanics being evil enough as it is that will sure to get them killed at some point which is further intriguing. Why throw such pointless things in such as skinship and things when it is real combat when, if your character is felled, they are defeated for good! It further makes some of us mad because of the way that the game is set to ensure that no one survives without careful strategism with the fanservice to further tick us off.

3 things

1. SHUT UP ALREADY about the story, I've heard enough BS about how bad the story is, people like you are killing ANY anticipation I STILL HAVE LEFT(I should doubt your opinion on the story because its coming from someone who says Awakening is there favorite game) no offense to Awakening fans I'm not the biggest fan of its story, mechanics, and unlimited leveling up.

2. we're suposed to be checking to see if our preorders have been canceled

3 It further makes some of us mad because of the way that the game is set to ensure that no one survives without careful strategism with the fanservice to further tick us off.

I hope you realize that the S in SRPG stands for strategy

edit: sorry for my little rant, hopefuly everyone who has had there preorder canned can get it some way with out having to resort to scalpers

edit 2: I'm not saying sorry to anybody who keeps us from having something to look forward to next year

Edited by Captain Karnage

I just checked my receipt, I ordered mine Nov 17th, a little bit after the direct I think. I have it for the most part paid off, maybe ten dollars left to throw at it. Thanks for the heads up, it's a little bit of a drive but I think I'll swing by Gamestop tomorrow and see how things are looking (and if good, I'll just pay it off and not worry about the darn thing).

Well, it seems like all the online orders (as of now) are safe... this is really making me regret my choice to only pre-order on GameStop, though. I should have jumped onto Amazon/BestBuy...

On a separate note, I'm going to have to agree with others that Nintendo just needs to step it up and restock this edition. I mean, I understand that warehouse size may be limited or something (as in, there may be other issues), but would it really kill them to increase their expenses a little? There's a lot of demand, so they'll probably earn more than enough to cover for the costs, and it's going to help their reputation if they satiate their fans.

Then again, I guess it wouldn't really be fair for other retailers if Nintendo restocks to resolve GameStop's issues... but still...

Just called mine, and the manager there mentioned GameStop bigwigs are strangely quiet on the issue, so its possible they are having to fight Nintendo on stocking the edition. Again.

(To clarify, GameStop has to fight to stock Nintendo games a lot according to him. Nintendo has a habit of ignoring them unless they make a fuss.)

Basically, lots of confusion around, but you should still be in the clear if you pre-ordered early.

Edited by Aquakat

My friend and I preordered in-store and we just finished paying off the thing some time ago, so if our order got canceled this is going to be a massive pain.

Belinda works at Gamestop and she preordered her's in-store.

So I'm gonna go confirm this.

I preordered mine in-store two days after the direct. It says online it's still there so hopefully I'm in the clear. As far as I know though, there isn't that many Fire Emblem fans in my area (or at least diehard ones like I am) so when I went to preorder I was probably a lot earlier than most other people where I live.

Edited by Kanethedragon