Gamestop Pre-Orders Are Being Cancelled for SE

riolumaster

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the store where I had mine and they showed me it had the "Do not reserve" message but when I check online it shows up as not cancelled http://puu.sh/m6gi1/d75b31ccad.png here's a screenshot of what it looks like. And for comparison, here's my cancelled Halo 5 pre order: http://puu.sh/m6gd4/1f0d1f37ee.jpg. I would assumed that if it were really cancelled it would look like that.

Well there is this

http://imgur.com/odo8yds

So pretty much what was said earlier database fuck up :>

Your link didn't work for me. I was lucky enough to have my boyfriend pre-order it for me on the 20th. Perhaps it'll be a mad dash on the 19th and those who show up first will get the pre-order. I realize that's a terrible business arrangement but "Hope will never die"!!

Edited by TearsForFears

I went to the store where I had mine and they showed me it had the "Do not reserve" message but when I check online it shows up as not cancelled http://puu.sh/m6gi1/d75b31ccad.png here's a screenshot of what it looks like. And for comparison, here's my cancelled Halo 5 pre order: http://puu.sh/m6gd4/1f0d1f37ee.jpg. I would assumed that if it were really cancelled it would look like that.

Thanks!

That confirms mine isn't canceled.

Phew, I worried for nothing.

Made a change to my original post:

EDIT: So it seems as if I may have jumped the gun. My order wasn't outright "cancelled", but it was classified as Do Not Reserve. Based on what other people have said here's what we know and assume:

1. Gamestop employees don't know for sure what's going on

2. It seems as if any orders made within a few days will be safe, and any orders made recently are not safe

3. Online orders seem to be fine

4. This has only happened in the US

My preorder was made the day after the Direct, so hopefully I will be fine. I hope everyone else will be fine too and that we get an official statement soon

Alright, I made my preorder in-store back in like early December or late November. Does that mean my preorder could be safe because o haven't checked on it yet but if so I'm probably going to go as soon as I can to ask

Well thats just lovely. I saw the DNR on my list while at gamestop. Was told that was for cancelled games, so I used that money to pay ffor a headset. Now I find out I unwittingly cancelled my special edition...

Ouch. That sucks.

I preordered in store on November 18th, but I was able to check my PowerUpRewards account. Didn't pay in full but thankfully my preorder wasn't canceled. This is the "cheapest" possible way to get the game, so if my preorder was cancelled I probably would just end up skipping this entirely.

Are you serious? Are you FUCKING serious?! I was a month late to the part because I didn't even KNOW there was a Direct, and so I missed out on the first week! So every day since I learned about it, I've been tracking it, and only managed to find it in Canada a couple of times! Couldn't get it the first time, I'm not Canadian! Couldn't get it the second time, the servers were too slow for my friend up in Canada! So, one day as I'm walking through the mall, I decide to check out if they, by chance, have it in GameStop, and lo and behold, they did! I actually got to put money down on it and pre-order it! I was finally able to find relief from this! And now I'm being told it was a fluke, and that I don't get to get it?! No! Fucking bullshit! This isn't fair! Why the fuck does fate dangle a fucking carrot in my face and constantly snatch it away from me when I'm just about to take a bite?!

I would assume the serenes were talking about pre orders. I'm pretty sure people were talking about so idk I'd you weren't on or anything but I was talking to people about pre orders and the moment they said gamestop had pre orders up, I pre ordered after school. I ordered the day after the direct so I'm good.

Yeah, you probably are.

Now read the post directly above my previous post. I'm pretty sure most of the people that pre-ordered well before Christmas should be safe, but it doesn't hurt to go down to GameStop and ask them anyway.

Don't worry I read about the glitch. It's just I'm in Mexico for Christmas and I can't check my gamestop for my order. I'll check when I come back but I'm not worried

Edited by Alvic

Yeah, seems to be a minor glitch on their end when pre-orders somehow opened back up last week as mentioned in the email on page 3. I made my pre-order the day after the direct, and I was told that mine is still active, so I don't have anything to worry about. As long as you were supposed to put a minimum deposit of $25, your pre-order should be fine. If you pre-ordered it last week with a minimum deposit of $5 (which shouldn't be the case for limited editions of games IIRC), then your pre-order will likely be cancelled.

Edited by MrPerson0

This topic nearly gave me a heart attack. And of course tomorrow is Christmas so they won't be open for me to call and confirm my order.

However, you can check the status on the Power up rewards section of your orders. Trying to check via the in store check by entering your email and order #/credit card # (couldn't try order # cause my receipt is not with me now) did not work. It said no orders were found, but with the other method I was able to see that my order seems to not be cancelled.

I did order on 11/13 though, one day after the Direct and paid in full that day, for reference.

Edited by kisooni

So has anyone tried calling their Gamestop? I called this morning and the guy told me mine was listed as..."no longer reservable" I think he said, although I'm not sure the exact words. He said that means it was cancelled, but it doesn't say cancelled online (still says its available). He honestly didnt sound like he knew what he was talking about.

Has anyone figured out if it was actually cancelled or not?