Gamestop Pre-Orders Are Being Cancelled for SE

riolumaster

Its monday. My gamestop dude never called. Im assuming its safe. However, i may pop in tomorrow to see if its still secure. I have no reason to doubt, but i want to be really sure before i start paying on it again.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, just checked my Game Library; my preorder's safe.

Mine seems to be safe to under "my preorders" as are a lot of other people's. What we're worried for is that that is inaccurate as me and many others were told it's still cancelled when calling the store or walking in.

Mine seems to be safe to under "my preorders" as are a lot of other people's. What we're worried for is that that is inaccurate as me and many others were told it's still cancelled when calling the store or walking in.

The employees probably just got confused. The system was spiting out a confusing message which they assumed meant canceled, and they were given no guidance on the issue. That kind of thing happens all the time. WHen an electronic system unambiguiously tells me something, i tend to trust it over beaurocrats/store employees, because computers have a lower error rate in my experience (although exceptions obviously exist.)

I think maybe I should just give up... I'm obviously not meant to get the Special Edition. I have no idea what's going on with GameStop, and I know they're not going to make more available... I didn't hear pre-orders were being made available until a month after they announced it, and I guess that's my fault. So, whatever...

Mine is absolutely fine. Doubly confirmed by manager. I was right that our store's preorders for it were in the lower single digits. (3) Manager said that the people who tried to preorder during the glitch are the ones getting cancelled. Its a shame if people who preordered before the glitch happened still got cancelled. :(

Oh and mine is paid off.

Mine is absolutely fine. Doubly confirmed by manager. I was right that our store's preorders for it were in the lower single digits. (3) Manager said that the people who tried to preorder during the glitch are the ones getting cancelled. Its a shame if people who preordered before the glitch happened still got cancelled. :(

Oh and mine is paid off.

Did you confirm by walking in or calling or both? I haven't been able to walk in yet because its near my college campus and I'm home for break, but I called a few days ago and the employee looked up mine and said it was cancelled (while also saying it was not to reserve more which is why I think he may have just confused that with being cancelled). At least that's what I'm praying for.

bOcYruf.png

-shrug-

on the 18th and I'm still safe.

The day I walked in, the clerk asked if I was preordering the game, we both laughed because I had walked in prior before the direct and he was the same clerk that I asked if it was available then, he placed it in, so I'd assume mine copy is safe because we're in a remote place where some reserve should be kept.

Edited by Fateborn

So, I sent an email to Gamestop about this issue. I got a response (that took longer than they said it would but whatever they're busy this time of year).

This was the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting GameStop. I would love to assist you with your inquiry today. I'm here to help.

The current release date for Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation is 12/31/2016. Keep in mind release dates are set by the manufacturer and are subject to change at anytime without notification. We recommend keeping a watch out on our website for any updates to the product.

Thank you for contacting Gamestop Customer Care, and I hope you have a wonderful day. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email or call us at 800-883--8895."

How does that have ANYTHING to do with the Special Edition? I didn't even mention Revelation in my message to them! I just asked if the in-store preorders for the Special Edition are being cancelled!

So frustrated -_-. I sent back a response asking again but who knows if it'll be better.

Edited by kisooni

Did you confirm by walking in or calling or both? I haven't been able to walk in yet because its near my college campus and I'm home for break, but I called a few days ago and the employee looked up mine and said it was cancelled (while also saying it was not to reserve more which is why I think he may have just confused that with being cancelled). At least that's what I'm praying for.

Since my copy is paid off as of yesterday, it was a walk-in. I had called (which i posted about earlier in the thread) last week. I would go in to the store, ask for management (if possible. In my case, he just happened to be working the till and i waited for him in particular) and ask them about it all.

I was at the mall so I asked with a friend who also preordered the special edition at Gamestop about the issue since we were there anyway (this was not the location where either of us preordered).

Two of the workers didn't even know about this problem, but one did know right away. He also said that preorders opened again when they weren't supposed to and those are the ones that will be cancelled. If you ordered in the first wave you should be safe. Also, the guy looked up my preorder by my phone number and said it looked fine and still have a copy (which is weird cause the actual location I ordered from when I called looked up my order and said it was cancelled).

All the information is mixed, so really we won't know until there is a statement or until the day of.

My recommendation to everyone, however, is to be the first person at your location on 2/19 if you can. The guy told me that this location I went to (and so probably every other one as well) only is allotted 2 copies of the SE. So, even if the preorders are fine, they could easily have let too many preorders go through. At that point it's first come first served, so make sure to be there as soon as humanly possible for your schedule (when it opens is best).

~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

Got another reply to my email back:

We apologize however the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition is no longer available for pre orders.

The title of the game has been changed to say DO NOT RESERVE and stores need to follow that direction. This game was cut-off for reserves on 11/18, and anything taken after that date may not be honored.

Keep in mind release dates are set by the manufacturer and are subject to change or cancellation at anytime without notification. We recommend keeping a watch out on our website for any updates to the product.

If you would like to get a refund, simply visit one of our stores and they will further assist you.

~~~~~~~~

Edited by kisooni

The guy told me that this location I went to (and so probably every other one as well) only is allotted 2 copies of the SE.

Wow. If that's the case with every store, damn that's gonna suck even if people like me preordered the day of or the day after orders first went live. As depending on how many people ordered the SE in your area, there's a good chance only two of possibly 50 or more people will get it. Ouch. Once more, way to go on stocking things Nintendo :/

Wow. If that's the case with every store, damn that's gonna suck even if people like me preordered the day of or the day after orders first went live. As depending on how many people ordered the SE in your area, there's a good chance only two of possibly 50 or more people will get it. Ouch. Once more, way to go on stocking things Nintendo :/

But those 50 people (if your area even had that many preorders) wouldn't be all at one location most likely. In my area alone, I can think of at least 3 Gamestops but there's probably even more. But it still sucks cause 6-10 copies per area still might not be enough.

I was at the mall so I asked with a friend who also preordered the special edition at Gamestop about the issue since we were there anyway (this was not the location where either of us preordered).

Two of the workers didn't even know about this problem, but one did know right away. He also said that preorders opened again when they weren't supposed to and those are the ones that will be cancelled. If you ordered in the first wave you should be safe. Also, the guy looked up my preorder by my phone number and said it looked fine and still have a copy (which is weird cause the actual location I ordered from when I called looked up my order and said it was cancelled).

All the information is mixed, so really we won't know until there is a statement or until the day of.

My recommendation to everyone, however, is to be the first person at your location on 2/19 if you can. The guy told me that this location I went to (and so probably every other one as well) only is allotted 2 copies of the SE. So, even if the preorders are fine, they could easily have let too many preorders go through. At that point it's first come first served, so make sure to be there as soon as humanly possible for your schedule (when it opens is best).

~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

We apologize however the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition is no longer available for pre orders.

The title of the game has been changed to say DO NOT RESERVE and stores need to follow that direction. This game was cut-off for reserves on 11/18, and anything taken after that date may not be honored.

Keep in mind release dates are set by the manufacturer and are subject to change or cancellation at anytime without notification. We recommend keeping a watch out on our website for any updates to the product.

If you would like to get a refund, simply visit one of our stores and they will further assist you.

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

~~~~~~~~

This game was cut-off for reserves on 11/18, and anything taken after that date may not be honored.

11/18

bOcYruf.png

9c0.jpg

I'm lucky!

But those 50 people (if your area even had that many preorders) wouldn't be all at one location most likely. In my area alone, I can think of at least 3 Gamestops but there's probably even more. But it still sucks cause 6-10 copies per area still might not be enough.

True. I was just making a statement. Likely the Gamestop where I preordered only has 10 people ordering the SE maximum. But yeah, such a small amount will likely be far from enough.

So wait, since I ordered on 11/17 my copy should be fine, right? Just checking cause I said I was gonna go to the store but I still haven't been able to yet. I still have all my receipts for it so I know I ordered on the 17th of November...Guh this topic stresses me out, I don't want to lose the Special Edtion D:

So wait, since I ordered on 11/17 my copy should be fine, right? Just checking cause I said I was gonna go to the store but I still haven't been able to yet. I still have all my receipts for it so I know I ordered on the 17th of November...Guh this topic stresses me out, I don't want to lose the Special Edtion D:

According to the email I got, yes. However, so many different answers have been given to me personally (not to mention everyone else), so who knows really.

I don't know if any of this information will help, but here are all the things I learned from my experiences with preordering amiibo from various retailers:

• As long as you preordered early, you're likely fine. Both Gamestop and Best Buy have a history of doing mass cancellations with SEs and amiibo, but I never had anything cancelled from them when I ordered in the first wave of preorders. At this point it is unlikely that Best Buy oversold after the whole Majora's Mask fiasco and they have never reopened preorders so you should be fine. That doesn't mean there's no way they won't cancel on you, but current evidence points to "you shouldn't have problems".
  • If you ordered with Amazon, the chances of your preorder being cancelled are very slim. While they did have some issues with delayed amiibo, I rarely saw them ever actually cancel orders. I always had the best luck with them and they have always delivered. Amazon even reopened orders on the Xenoblade Chronicles X SE on release day so they had extra stock.
  • Calling/emailing Gamestop stores or customer service is a waste of time. Unless you have an issue with your deposit or need a card switched or something, they have no information for you. GS customer service tend to either send copy/pasted emails that don't actually provide answers and if you're calling them, they are checking the same information you have available at your disposal through their website. You'll save a lot of time by just waiting it out. I know it sucks to wait, but GS employees are told absolutely nothing. I know this because I have a few friends that are managers at different locations and I always knew amiibo information way before they did
  • Orders that are cancelled are specifically listed as "cancelled". Orders that are currently fine are listed as "open" or are under your Power Rewards preorder tab. When the item has shipped, it will be listed as "closed" and you will get an email confirming your item has shipped along with a tracking number.
  • Beware if you used Paypal with Gamestop. While I personally never had issues, for a while Gamestop was randomly cancelling preorders that used Paypal. There's something about the way Paypal holds funds for the preorders occasionally screwing up GS orders. (don't panic if you did, it's been over 30 days so if it was getting cancelled due to that it would have already happened)

According to the email I got, yes. However, so many different answers have been given to me personally (not to mention everyone else), so who knows really.

I think that's why it stresses me out, no formal word on what's up with this preorder fiasco. Well my Gamestop hasn't called me to say I no longer have it preordered so the best I'm gonna assume is it's fine and just pay it off when I have the chance to go back up to the store, I only owe maybe ten bucks left on it. Regardless, thank you for emailing them and sharing it with us!

That's unfortunately pretty common for Gamestop, they don't typically call you if a cancellation happens, you usually find out when you check your account online. GS didn't even comment on the mass cancellations and delays for wave 2-3 amiibo.

...I really need this Special Edition.

Do you think there will be a restock before the game is released? If not I could try and pray that somebody doesn't pick up their pre-order in time and it goes up for sale, but...

IMHO, probably not. If it ever comes back in stock (for GS at least) it should cover those people that preordered during the glitch in their system. Anything after that, I doubt it (same for Amazon and BB).

But who knows, really. Anything is possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit:

Gamestop preorders have 48 hours to be picked up. If they aren't by then, then its fair game for them to sell it to someone else. Your best bet would be to go when they open 2 days after release to see if someone didn't get theirs. (Honestly, it's kinda mean to take away someone else's preorder but if they really cared about it, they would have picked it up day one.)

Edited by kisooni