Gamestop Pre-Orders Are Being Cancelled for SE

riolumaster

I called the store and they said it was not reserved everywhere. What the hell does that mean I pre ordered the day after the direct. Did they lie to me?

If possible, go down there physically, and ask them about the status of your Fates pre-order. It's a lot harder to fudge things when the customer is right in front of their faces.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If possible, go down there physically, and ask them about the status of your Fates pre-order. It's a lot harder to fudge things when the customer is right in front of their faces.

OK I went there physically and they said IS put the game special edition for pre order, but they either didn't actually do it or it was a mistake for it being put up. They said once they actually stock it for real, I'm good for the special edition. So patience and time will have to progress. I'm guranteed one. The employee seemed cool

Hey guys, so idk if this means anything but under Gamestop's "Coming Soon" page it doesn't list the SE. It only lists Birthright, Conquest, and a two-pack they're offering of both (seen on attached picture). Weird...but that would imply not even online orders would be honored which makes no sense so I'm guessing it's just missing either cause you can't get it anymore?

post-19253-0-47291700-1451279624_thumb.jpg

Dammit, PxZ2 releases three days before Fates, I don't have enough time to play through both!

I suspect the reason why the SE isn't listed under pre-releases is because it's sold out.

It's pretty much ordered still but they need to get in stock. Nintendo or whoever distributes the SE needs to put in stock for the orders. You have you're money safe but time will need to pass for something to happen. That's what they told me. Keep in mind I ordered way early so I should have one but I don't have one until they stock it but once they get some I'm guranteed to get it

Edited by Alvic

It's pretty much ordered still but they need to get in stock. Nintendo or whoever distributes the SE needs to put in stock for the orders. You have you're money safe but time will need to pass for something to happen. That's what they told me. Keep in mind I ordered way early so I should have one but I don't have one until they stock it but once they get some I'm guranteed to get it

I hope this is the case because I preordered on 11/13 which I believe is the first day they took in-store preorders (the day after the direct).

I'm kind of nervous though, so even if they (hopefully) eventually confirm that preorders will be honored, I will be going in as soon as they open on 2/19 (if possible). This is because I saw an alarming tweet that said someone's gamestop was only getting 1 special edition...1.

If you ordered on 11/13 you should be fine that's when I got mine pre-ordered and my order is still open online. I don't think stores are getting a lot of stock though as I remember when I ordered mine online it only let me have it delivered and said it wasn't eligible for in store pickup. Why I had to pay for the one day shipping to get it at a reasonable time.

I preordered mine online a few days after the initial Nintendo Direct video about the release date and doubled checked with Gamestop, it's safe for me. I think the preorders being cancelled are the ones who physically went to the Gamestop store and reserve the preorder, or those who preordered several weeks after the direct video. Anyways, anyone who preordered in-store physically should double check with the staff there. Some stores may not stock the Special Edition.

Ugh, can't even check on my preorder since the Gamestop website is pretty much out of service/under maintenance. Made my preorder and paid in full a few days after the Direct (I think it was November 16th when I made it).

EDIT: checked my receipt. Yep, made and paid in full on Nov. 16th.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Also this is kind of off-topic but does anybody know anything about amazon preorders. I got a $100 Amazon giftcard for Christmas, and I want to use it for preordering the Fates SE on amazon, but it won't even let me add it to my cart. :c

Wait can you download the SE

the special edition gives you the perk of playing Invisible Kingdom a month before it's released on eShop for download. If you don't get the SE, then you won't be able to play the third route until it's made available in March.

Also this is kind of off-topic but does anybody know anything about amazon preorders. I got a $100 Amazon giftcard for Christmas, and I want to use it for preordering the Fates SE on amazon, but it won't even let me add it to my cart. :c

the special edition gives you the perk of playing Invisible Kingdom a month before it's released on eShop for download. If you don't get the SE, then you won't be able to play the third route until it's made available in March.

Amazon preorders are currently sold out.

Idk about that. People been telling me that it doesn't come early and we all get it the same time. May be wrong.

In Japan, it did not come early. In America, it has been stated that it will - though we won't know for sure until it actually comes out, I guess.

yeah its really annoying but im gonna go there physically either today or tomorrow to confirm again and the reason its not available or non reservable could be because off the problems gamestop is having online on their site

I checked online just now and my power up rewards section seems to be working. Maybe the website is functioning properly again?

A bit unrelated, but do you think that pre-orders from Best Buy are safe? It still says that my order is "Processing" and that the expected release date is still 12/31/16. =/

Edited by Leif

A bit unrelated, but do you think that pre-orders from Best Buy are safe? It still says that my order is "Processing" and that the expected release date is still 12/31/16. =/

I haven't heard anything about Best Buy. It seems that this is a problem solely with Game Stop and only in-store, not online.