Steam Winter Sale is up!

Zerosabers

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$5 Portal+Portal2 pack; I might splurge on that.

20% discount on Undertale...people keep telling me to try this. Dunno yet.

Shovel Knight for $10 with add-ons looks neat...

Any thoughts on Fairy Fencer F? I've been curious about this one for a while.

Link to All discounts

$5 Portal+Portal2 pack; I might splurge on that.

20% discount on Undertale...people keep telling me to try this. Dunno yet.

Shovel Knight for $10 with add-ons looks neat...

Any thoughts on Fairy Fencer F? I've been curious about this one for a while.

Link to All discounts

If you haven't played the Portal games before you should. They're some of the most fun and creative games.

Got Transistor and Witcher 2. Wallet suffered way too much damage for my liking in the Black Friday sales, so ~7€ worth will suffice.

A reminder for anyone who hasn't yet gotten into Ys; now would be a good and very inexpensive time to do so.

only thing i've bought so far is a secret santa for another bloke

we'll see what damage is caused but i don't think it'll be more than gifting, i did a good run of stuff for me over the last sale

Well, the Black Friday sales were only recently, so I have no obvious idea what to buy. I'm tempted by various Warrior games, seeing how I don't own any XBOX or Playstation, but Tecmo's PC ports tend to be lacking, which limits my enthusiasm. I'm also interested in Platinum's Transformers game but since I never heard about Transformers until I heard people complain about Michael Bay ruining their childhood, I'm not sure if it will be worth the price for me, Platinum or not.

I absolutely loved Undertale (it's the only game competing with Bloodborne for my game of the year, which is saying a lot... unless I'm forgetting other obvious candidates), so I'd highly recommended to anyone thinking of giving it a try. It's not the longest game, but it's pretty cheap, and more than worth the price in my mind.

Its style and writing won't necessarily appeal to everyone, though, so... trying the demo isn't a bad idea if you're uncertain. If you do, though, keep in mind: it's an old and slightly less polished version of the game, and I'd say the full game really picks up around the point the demo ends anyway.

...I'm not sure I'll be buying much for myself this sale, though. A friend already bought me some things that would've been at the top of my list, and my pile of unfinished games is several orders of magnitude larger than my pile of money.

I told myself I would get Undertale next time it was on sale, so I went ahead and got that, though nothing else is tempting me enough to spend more money instead of working through my current backlog.

I'm also interested in Platinum's Transformers game but since I never heard about Transformers until I heard people complain about Michael Bay ruining their childhood, I'm not sure if it will be worth the price for me, Platinum or not.

if platinum's transformers game is the most recent one (devastation, a quick check suggests it is) then a few mates of mine who are variously fans and non-fans of transformers all agree that it owns bones, if that helps

So I'm relatively new to this steam thing, and can never really find anything of actual interest with the search function on steam. I saw this topic and decided to check out the sells. Skyrim is on here, which has always seemed interesting (but I didn't own a computer that could play it back when I was first checking it out.)

Upon getting to a certain page, I skimmed the titles, clicked for the next page, and then my eyes caught a glimpse of a title that made me go WHOA WHOA WAIT GO BACK GO BACK. DID I TOTALLY JUST SEE WHAT I THOUGHT I SAW?!

Yes, yes I did. Somehow my eyes managed to overlook it the first time, and caught glimpse of it only after clicking for the next page: Valkyria Chronicles.

Then I had a moment of glee because I had always wanted to play that game, but didn't feel like a lone game was worth buying a PS3 for. I bought it. Now for it to finish downloading. :D

Everyone needs to get these

you really are falcom's warrior

if platinum's transformers game is the most recent one (devastation, a quick check suggests it is) then a few mates of mine who are variously fans and non-fans of transformers all agree that it owns bones, if that helps

Yeah, Devastation is Platinum's new Transformers game. It also has a fucking kick ass soundtrack

I might pick up a Ys game, since the pieces of music I've heard from the games are, in my opinion, really good. Don't particularly want to spend much, though, since I've been a touch trigger-happy the past two months or so

The sales are pretty much the same as they were a month ago and I got what I wanted then, so I might not buy anything from this. Although I am still considering:

-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

-The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna

-Ori and the Blind Forest

The sales are pretty much the same as they were a month ago and I got what I wanted then, so I might not buy anything from this. Although I am still considering:

-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

-The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna

-Ori and the Blind Forest

I dno about Talos Principle or Ori (Although they both look great from what I saw).

I can highly recommend Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, it plays really well, is really fun in general. Great OST and a great sense of progression too.

I was already appeased with my library prior to this sale and don't want to buy more than I can play, so I'm probably holding off on doing anything during this sale. If I were to get something, it'd be something Shantae but money has tightened so maybe I'll splurge in the next sale.

Didn't ori win like two awards at the Gaming Awards 2015?

Transformers is recommended?

I missed ValkChrons, woahhhh. How much is it for?

confirming, crypt of the necrodancer is an incredible game!

also update: adolf 'tangerine' hitler convinced me to spend my hard-earned money on nobunaga's ambition: sphere of influence. my wallet is not sacred.