Rate my parings + Advices (Conquest)

Gaheris Black

Hey everyone ^^

First of all, this is my first time creating a topic (doesn't mean I'm new to SF though, most of the time I'm here, watching silently ^^)

So, I just finished calculating the growth rates for my characters in my Conquest campain, and I'd like some thougts/advices ^^
Note that the growths are calculated for the characters in the classes I defined, but they aren't always they're final classes! For example, MANY characters are GK or Heroes, but while Hero can be a good final class and has also over-average skills, I use GK for the sole purpose of getting the skills, which are excellent (and passing them to the children)...

Waiting for your advices! ^^

--> Growths and pairings in the attached files

post-14384-0-84360300-1450899833_thumb.png

post-14384-0-84477100-1450899834_thumb.png

I'd say it looks good. For me I like pairings that I like for example owain and Severa because I did in awakening. Lazward and Azura because singer and dancer. As stats go it seems like they will be good all around but for me I like to pair units that make me feel well. I didn't think about growths until recently but it's all good. If your looking for growths just note that some might have a flaw due to a certain parents base growth. Their modifiers will be great overall since it's parents modifiers + 1

Edited by Alvic

They're all pretty good, actually, although I think Benoit wants Belka more than he does Charlotte. (Stats-wise, of course.)

I don't think Velour would mind having Charlotte as a mom. She'll give her some killer STR, and who doesn't love Berserkers?

I don't think Velour would mind having Charlotte as a mom. She'll give her some killer STR, and who doesn't love Berserkers?

Bold: That question's an easy answer for me: Anyone who's paranoid about facing crit chances (e.g. moi). Units that regularly face crit chances are what I'd call "reset hazards".

That said, I can't really help the OP...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

They're all pretty good, actually, although I think Benoit wants Belka more than he does Charlotte. (Stats-wise, of course.)

Belka and Charlotte offers the same bonus in Attack Stance. Charlotte needs Intimidate but Belka doesn't.

Velour always has Berserker class.

"Units that regularly face crit chances"

aZ1pT3M.jpg

Edited by Tooru

Belka and Charlotte offers the same bonus in Attack Stance. Charlotte needs Intimidate but Belka doesn't.

aZ1pT3M.jpg

its Belka Killer axe the weapon right?[i might misspeled the weapon but you understand]

aZ1pT3M.jpg

Well, excuuuuuse me for thinking that critical hits don't need to blick whoever's on the receiving end of them off the map to be a bad thing!

But in all seriousness, I don't see why you even bother trying, knowing that there's nothing you can say or do to make me change my opinion on Berserkers...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Thank you guy for your replies ^^

I'd say it looks good. For me I like pairings that I like for example owain and Severa because I did in awakening. Lazward and Azura because singer and dancer. As stats go it seems like they will be good all around but for me I like to pair units that make me feel well. I didn't think about growths until recently but it's all good. If your looking for growths just note that some might have a flaw due to a certain parents base growth. Their modifiers will be great overall since it's parents modifiers + 1

Yeah, I like pairing the units I like too, and I think I've somewhat attained an equilibrum between pairings that I like and pairings that are stats-wise benefics; as for those Awakening guys, I'd love to pair Lazwald and Luna like I used to do, but i'ts a waste for Soleil, and besides Marx REALLY needs this Sol.

... pretty right... I paired Benoit and Charlotte because I thought they were a good pair (story-wise), and they're not that of a failure as a couple stat-wise and they both have good class sets, but now that you mention it, I think I'll just switch Belka and Charlotte ^^

aZ1pT3M.jpg

Well, that seems pretty op XD, didn't knew Belka had this much potential ^^

BTW, any thoughts about my Brightright family? :D

I married myself (+Skill -Mag) to Matoi (I really wanted to, although she's not that benefic to Kanna), and Matoi's mother is Hinoka (so yeah, she got quite the amazing class set: Peg warrior+Samurai+Lance Fighter+Mercenary (my second class, which I chose just to give Matoi acces to Hero, her final Awakening class).

Not sure that Hinoka is the optimal parent for Matoi (canonically, it should be Luna), but I think that my current Matoi isn't bad ^^

Here are the growths:

[Class] / [Name] / HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res

White Blood / Hermes / 60 65 25 75 60 50 50 20

Falc. Warrior / Matoi / 52 47 27 53 50 57 38 42

White Blood / Kanna / 57 56 31 59 53 51 48 22

Falc. Warrior / Tsubaki / 55 40 30 60 35 45 45 25

Falc. Warrior / Hinoka / 45 55 25 50 60 60 35 60

Edited by Gaheris Black

I guess it's preference. I always thought marrying second gen was..... questionable. What would their parents say to me? You are with a child that aged fast when their suppose to be little? Jk but I always thought about that

Yeah, I know that marrying a 2nd gen isn't always the best choice (plus I'm marrying the daughter of my OWN sister :/), but I really like Matoi, already made my choice :) . As for Oboro, I wanted to marry her to Takumi (her first love), and Kisaragi turns out to be pretty cool stats-wise and skills-wise (Breaking Sky right off the beginning *O* )

...And yes, the children growing super-fast in the secluded realms in Fates mean that their childhood must be horrible (without their parents, not enjoying it at all).

Edited by Gaheris Black

Typically Oboro is a better parent for Matoi then Hinoka.

Actually, I calculated Matoi's growths with Hinoka as a mother then with Oboro:

(these are the base growths, without the class's growths, but that's meaningless since both of my Matoi will be Falcon Warriors)

O!Matoi: 47 35 18 43 33 37 40 18

H!Matoi: 52 37 17 43 35 37 38 22

So Hinoka!Matoi has more HP, Strengh, Speed, Resistance, and the same Skill growths; stats-waise, though the differance isn't huge, Hinoka!Matoi is better.

Class-wise, they're the same. Hinoka also gives Matoi the scarlet hair, which is great :D

H!Matoi definitively seems better than O!Matoi.

Edited by Gaheris Black

Actually, I calculated Matoi's growths with Hinoka as a mother then with Oboro:

(these are the base growths, without the class's growths, but that's meaningless since both of my Matoi will be Falcon Warriors)

O!Matoi: 47 35 18 43 33 37 40 18

H!Matoi: 52 37 17 43 35 37 38 22

So Hinoka!Matoi has more HP, Strengh, Speed, Resistance, and the same Skill growths; stats-waise, though the differance isn't huge, Hinoka!Matoi is better.

Class-wise, they're the same. Hinoka also gives Matoi the scarlet hair, which is great :D

H!Matoi definitively seems better than O!Matoi.

If you're going for practicality Oboro is typically the better parent in IK and Hoshido.

If you want in game efficiency, Setsuna or Oboro are better then Hinoka.

There was a topic on Reddit about it with commentary from Shephen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3oe9zf/how_would_you_ranktier_these_variants_of_this/cvwh66t

I recommend reading it to help choose a mom for Matoi. Personally I'm going with Oboro!Matoi. Because I can't have FeMui x Oboro myself, hmph.

For in game practicality Oboro/Orochi/Setsuna > Hinoka. Oboro!Matoi and Hinoka!Matoi have near identical growths and any difference is negligible. Oboro also has an easier time passing down Lancer skills to her since she doesn't need to reclas. Oboro x Baki is also a really beneficial pairing for both of them. Orochi gives the mag to use the shock stick to its maximum potential for both Matoi and Baki while Baki gives the speed and def that Orochi would like. Setsuna gives Baki and Matoi Victory which is a pretty great skill, fodders Setsuna basically other than Baki giving her bulk. Pairing Baki and Hinoka usually leads to sandbagging one of them since they don't help out each other in any way other than Hinoka giving Baki Lancer.

I didn't consider Orochi as a mother as I don't want Matoi to end up being more of a magical unit (or at least loosing some strengh in order to gain some Magic). Matoi only benefits from Setsuna by learning Victory (which is more an utility skill imo), but aside from that, its'kinda of a waste... Hinoka gives Tsubaki acces to the Lancer branch while he gives her acces to the Samurai branch (which means: Flowing Strike, Vantage, ASTRA). Anyway both of them will end up having the PegasusWarrior+Samurai+Lancer class set, which is pretty cool. With Oboro as a wife, Tsubaki still gains the lancer class, and Oboro gains Pegasus Warrior, which is also pretty cool, but I think that the classes Hinoka and Tsubaki give acces to each other are better. As for Hinoka having to reclass to Basara to pass Breaking sky, that's what I planned from the beginning, and it's no big prob. Saying that Hinoka is a weak clone of Oboro isn't true in my opinion... Stats-wise and Growth-wise, I'd say that Hinoka is better (and we're in Brightright, so you can potentially grind to pass the skills easily :) )

Edited by Gaheris Black

For your Conquest file, I would highly recommend Charlotte as a mother for Velour or Seigbert. Benoit is better off with Beruka.

Lazward should have Selena (Luna) as a partner because Soleil will get Ninja and Pegasus Warrior as subclasses.

EDIT: Plus, Soleil will only get positive modifiers to her stats (if my memory serves me correctly).

Edited by Leif

I didn't consider Orochi as a mother as I don't want Matoi to end up being more of a magical unit (or at least loosing some strengh in order to gain some Magic). Matoi only benefits from Setsuna by learning Victory (which is more an utility skill imo), but aside from that, its'kinda of a waste... Hinoka gives Tsubaki acces to the Lancer branch while he gives her acces to the Samurai branch (which means: Flowing Strike, Vantage, ASTRA). Anyway both of them will end up having the PegasusWarrior+Samurai+Lancer class set, which is pretty cool. With Oboro as a wife, Tsubaki still gains the lancer class, and Oboro gains Pegasus Warrior, which is also pretty cool, but I think that the classes Hinoka and Tsubaki give acces to each other are better. As for Hinoka having to reclass to Basara to pass Breaking sky, that's what I planned from the beginning, and it's no big prob. Saying that Hinoka is a weak clone of Oboro isn't true in my opinion... Stats-wise and Growth-wise, I'd say that Hinoka is better (and we're in Brightright, so you can potentially grind to pass the skills easily :) )

That's... not technically true.

It's way less grindy then Awakening and tricks won't really work. It nets less profit and you end up losing a lot of money that way.

Plus you don't get many Parallel Seals and reclassing Hinoka is a waste when it'd be used for someone else's benefit.

Using a parallel seal on Hinoka when she attains Falc.Warrior LV 15 is what I usally do, in order to give her Breaking sky and Flamboyant; but I get your point when you say that it's kinda of a waste :)

For your Conquest file, I would highly recommend Charlotte as a mother for Velour or Seigbert. Benoit is better off with Beruka.

Lazward should have Selena (Luna) as a partner because Soleil will get Ninja and Pegasus Warrior as subclasses.

EDIT: Plus, Soleil will only get positive modifiers to her stats (if my memory serves me correctly).

Already swapped Charlotte and Belka, thanks ^^

I think that Pieri passing Luna and Soleil having natural access to Sol is cool.Besides, Pieri seems to give better growths to Soleil than Luna does (the differances are pretty negligeable though):

Pieri!Soleil 35 52 2 37 38 45 32 37

Luna!Soleil 38 45 2 35 37 43 38 32

And I need Luna for Marx as he really needs Sol.

Edited by Gaheris Black

As long as you know it isn't going to be easy and are prepared for everything, then that's fine. It's just more a battle of practicality in game vs what you want.

For main game purposes Hinoka doesn't want anything to do with the Samurai line since she doesn't keep her weapon rank as a Trueblade and Weapon Master is just a worse Lancer for her since she has no Sword or Axe Rank. She would benefit much more from Silas who gives the cav line to her which gives Open Assault, Rescue, and Defender while his bonuses work well for her. Hinoka also gives Silas all the bonuses he wants(Aka Speed). And if you are bringing grinding and min-maxing into the equation then Oboro is still better since it allows Matoi to rock the Extravagance/Line of Death combo. Hinoka wants Silas way more than Baki.

For main game purposes Hinoka doesn't want anything to do with the Samurai line since she doesn't keep her weapon rank as a Trueblade and Weapon Master is just a worse Lancer for her since she has no Sword or Axe Rank. She would benefit much more from Silas who gives the cav line to her which gives Open Assault, Rescue, and Defender while his bonuses work well for her. Hinoka also gives Silas all the bonuses he wants(Aka Speed). And if you are bringing grinding and min-maxing into the equation then Oboro is still better since it allows Matoi to rock the Extravagance/Line of Death combo. Hinoka wants Silas way more than Baki.

...I have to admit that you're right about a few points here:

-Hinoka hasn't anything to do in the Samurai branch, agreed

-Cyrus/Silas needs a Speed boost

-Extracagance/LoD is great indeed

But:

-Silas can get the Speed bonus from Azura, and she gets Cavalier branch (aka Luna, Diamond Strike or Aegis and Defender)

-Kisaragi gets great growths from Oboro (Oboro always gives great growths though ^^ )

-Tsubaki gives Hinoka the +5Def she needs when he becomes a Falcon Warrior

Both opinions are arguable though