Soonaynay

Hey! Just a few questions to those of you who've played the game: how easy was it to maximize relevant stats for units at 20/20? At what levels did characters begin to maximize their stats, and are there characters that weren't able to max any stat? For optimization purposes, did you guys have to resort to buying tons of expensive Eternal Seals? By all means I don't require a comprehensive list or answers to all questions; just naming whatever comes to mind is great!

Thanks in advance!

If a unit is very good at one stat while the class isn't, it will be easy.

For example, Camilla is fast but Revenant Knight/Wyvern Lord are slow, so she easily maximize Spd in these classes.

A unit needs to have amazing growth or/and base on a stat to easily maximize it.

Elise has 65% Mag, 55% Spd and 70% Lck growth(personal), so she has no problem to maximize them in whatever class.

But not everyone can be so "amazing".

Arthur has 55%+15% Skl growth: he doesn't maximize Skl as Berserker on average.

Benoit has 55%+20% Def growth: he doesn't maximize Def as General on average.

How long will it take to maximize Gunter's Magic stat?

When I sent my game back to my friend in Japan who lent it to me, my Gunter was around level 70~ and still had not maxed Magic. Maybe I just had bad luck, but yeah.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll save up all my Spirit Dust for him if I decide to cap everyone's stats. Though just making him a Dark Flier or Grandmaster should alleviate some of his growth issues.

Back in Awakening I took it one step further, capping everyone's stats in every class available to them. Capping Basilio's Magic as a Dread Fighter took fivever.

Edited by Anomalocaris

If a unit is very good at one stat while the class isn't, it will be easy.

For example, Camilla is fast but Revenant Knight/Wyvern Lord are slow, so she easily maximize Spd in these classes.

A unit needs to have amazing growth or/and base on a stat to easily maximize it.

Elise has 65% Mag, 55% Spd and 70% Lck growth(personal), so she has no problem to maximize them in whatever class.

But not everyone can be so "amazing".

Arthur has 55%+15% Skl growth: he doesn't maximize Skl as Berserker on average.

Benoit has 55%+20% Def growth: he doesn't maximize Def as General on average.

Interesting. But why is Elise easily able to maximize speed, while both Arthur and Benoit can't maximize their respective stats with the same 55% growth? Is it because Berserkers and Generals just have really high caps for those stats overall?

Interesting. But why is Elise easily able to maximize speed, while both Arthur and Benoit can't maximize their respective stats with the same 55% growth? Is it because Berserkers and Generals just have really high caps for those stats overall?

Base Stats really, let me go and check...well it's not "just" Base Stats though, so I may be oversimplifying things.

Elise, Level 5 Troubadour with 10 Base Speed.

Elise does not hit her Speed Cap in Tier 1.

Her personal base speed at Tier 1 is (10-5)=5 at Level 5, at 20/20 as a Strategist (Base 7 Speed), she'll need to gain (32-12)=20 Speed in 34 Levels. Her growth in total is 65%, (0.65x34)=22, so she makes it.

The thing is moreso that, in this case, Elise's overall growth of 65% is considered pretty high as is (38x0.65)=24, and that's before adding class and Level 1 bases...sort of)

Arthur, Level 7 Fighter with 9 Base Skill

His personal base skill is only (9-6)=3 at Level 7 no less, at 20/20 as a Berserker, (Base 8 Skill) he'll need to gain (35-11)=27 Skill in 32 Levels. Unfortunately, (0.7x32) is only 22, so he falls short. It's not a huge gap or anything, since Elise is only 2 above, and Arthur is only 2 below. If Arthur didn't have his +3 SKL mod he'd actually hit his cap.

Benoit, Level 15 Knight with 19 Base Defense

Personal base defense is (19-8)=11, which is pretty respectable for him. At 20/20 General (Base 12 Defense), Benoit needs to gain (43-23), 20 Defense in 23 Levels, unfortunately his Defense growth, while high, is not that high. (0.75x23=17) Still, he comes pretty close

Like Arthur, he would have hit his cap if he didn't have the +3 DEF mod.

To be honest Arthur and Benoit actually come quite close to capping their stats, I think (I have no proof though) that most other characters don't come that close

Also this entire wall pretty much didn't matter really.

While I myself have not bothered to check things like base stats (both personal and class), let me pick a few

General: Cap 40, Base 12, 20% DEF Growth. Required to gain (28-Base) in 38 Levels.

Given an average Defense Growth of 40, total growth is 60, in 38 Levels that's about 22. I.E Personal Base DEF at Level 1 needs to be like 6, which is pretty much..impossible? With an above average growth of 50%, you'd only need a Personal Base DEF of 2, I guess?

Ah drat it all, I'm just digging myself into more shenanigans now, so I'll stop here

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Base Stats really, let me go and check...well it's not "just" Base Stats though, so I may be oversimplifying things.

Elise, Level 5 Troubadour with 10 Base Speed.

Elise does not hit her Speed Cap in Tier 1.

Her personal base speed at Tier 1 is (10-5)=5 at Level 5, at 20/20 as a Strategist (Base 7 Speed), she'll need to gain (32-12)=20 Speed in 34 Levels. Her growth in total is 65%, (0.65x34)=22, so she makes it.

The thing is moreso that, in this case, Elise's overall growth of 65% is considered pretty high as is (38x0.65)=24, and that's before adding class and Level 1 bases...sort of)

Arthur, Level 7 Fighter with 9 Base Skill

His personal base skill is only (9-6)=3 at Level 7 no less, at 20/20 as a Berserker, (Base 8 Skill) he'll need to gain (35-11)=27 Skill in 32 Levels. Unfortunately, (0.7x32) is only 22, so he falls short. It's not a huge gap or anything, since Elise is only 2 above, and Arthur is only 2 below. If Arthur didn't have his +3 SKL mod he'd actually hit his cap.

Benoit, Level 15 Knight with 19 Base Defense

Personal base defense is (19-8)=11, which is pretty respectable for him. At 20/20 General (Base 12 Defense), Benoit needs to gain (43-23), 20 Defense in 23 Levels, unfortunately his Defense growth, while high, is not that high. (0.75x23=17) Still, he comes pretty close

Like Arthur, he would have hit his cap if he didn't have the +3 DEF mod.

To be honest Arthur and Benoit actually come quite close to capping their stats, I think (I have no proof though) that most other characters don't come that close

Also this entire wall pretty much didn't matter really.

While I myself have not bothered to check things like base stats (both personal and class), let me pick a few

General: Cap 40, Base 12, 20% DEF Growth. Required to gain (28-Base) in 38 Levels.

Given an average Defense Growth of 40, total growth is 60, in 38 Levels that's about 22. I.E Personal Base DEF at Level 1 needs to be like 6, which is pretty much..impossible? With an above average growth of 50%, you'd only need a Personal Base DEF of 2, I guess?

Ah drat it all, I'm just digging myself into more shenanigans now, so I'll stop here

Wow, seriously thank you so much. This is great :)

Quick question though: what do you mean by "Tier 1" in Elise's example?

Also to everyone, let's say you have a character with crappy bases and growths in one stat. For example, let's take Marx and his meh speed. If you reclass him to Trueblade (given by marrying Trueblade Kamui) to increase his speed growth, would he reach or get close to his max speed stat as a Paladin?

Wow, seriously thank you so much. This is great :)

Quick question though: what do you mean by "Tier 1" in Elise's example?

Also to everyone, let's say you have a character with crappy bases and growths in one stat. For example, let's take Marx and his meh speed. If you reclass him to Trueblade (given by marrying Trueblade Kamui) to increase his speed growth, would he reach or get close to his max speed stat as a Paladin?

Tier 1 means her class before promotion, so Rod Knight/Troubadour.

Xander's Speed growth isn't that bad (35% personal) but he starts 14 points off cap with 16 levels to go (level 4, base 15 Speed, 29 cap). He'd need an 87.5% growth to cap it on average - even in Trueblade, he only has 55%. If raised as a Trueblade, he's likely to end around 24 Spd.