[Spoiler Alert] New IGN footage showcasing Amiibo and more Characters!

Hoshidokoala

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd laugh a lot if they changed the boss' name to mozume

i don't care much about the names except niles sounds bad

like zero i didn't like either because it doesn't sound like a name but niles just sounds silly

It's all right, I'm sorry too. I keep forgetting not everyone has played the Japanese (or read the other thread where I already said that twice). And yeah, apparently, I pulled up my copy of Fates and went up to chapter 3 to double check, and the boss's name is indeed Mozu. The only stupid thing about her name change is that they changed it to something that already exists in the game. Which means they have to change THAT name as a result.

Haha I did play the Japanese game but I don't read it quickly so for things like a minor boss, I just tend to overlook it.

Edited by Hatsuoki

People keep acting like skinship WAS confirmed? My room/private quarters is used for other things, not just skinship, right? Like changing your hairstyle and whatnot? It was never just exclusively the hosting grounds for skinship..right? Am I missing something here?

People keep acting like skinship WAS confirmed? My room/private quarters is used for other things, not just skinship, right? Like changing your hairstyle and whatnot? It was never just exclusively the hosting grounds for skinship..right? Am I missing something here?

There was an exclamation above the Private Quarters, which tends to insinuate you can skin ship.

EDIT: But you are right about it also being used to change hairstyle. But that all you can other then skinship.

Edited by Azz

Not too long now - unless someone decides to show him already. I just hope for his sake his voice is better in this then in code steam....

If you didn't like Ike's voice in Codename Steam, then I doubt it. Ike's had the same English voice actor that he's always had, Jason Adkins, and that doesn't appear to be changing any time soon if they managed to get Adkins back after all the time that passed between Brawl and Codename Steam (Smash Wii U/3DS just reused the Brawl clips). Besides, I think Adkins improved a lot in Codename Steam. He sounds better than in either PoR, RD, or Brawl!

Edited by Anacybele

Awww voices! I like Zero's! Niles isnt a bad localization for him either. Buuuut i gotta question why bothering to change his name in the first place. Oh well. Niles is kinda sexy tbh.

Beruka is a bit weird (sounds like Veruca) and i was hoping for Bella, but hey its not that bad.

Mozume becoming Mozu is really lame but again, shrug.

Selena is great.

I like Marth's voice! Yay Yuri Lowenthal!

I believe the exclamation point is actually a signal that you can actually do the thing in there. So....im not sure that little graphic pops up when you have new accessories. Anyone who played the Japanese version wanna confirm that, that would be welcome. So...kinda probably why people are like "yeah skinship is there"

If you didn't like Ike's voice in Codename Steam, then I doubt it. Ike's had the same English voice actor that he's always had, Jason Adkins, and that doesn't appear to be changing any time soon if they managed to get Adkins back after all the time that passed between Brawl and Codename Steam (Smash Wii U/3DS just reused the Brawl clips). Besides, I think Adkins improved a lot in Codename Steam. He sounds better than in either PoR, RD, or Brawl!

I'll give him that - it'll hopefully be better in this game since he seems to be steadily improving.

I guess it will take some time for me to get used to these official English names. Especially Zero being "Niles". At least his voice sounds decent (although it is echoed). Still don't know why Mozume had to be shortened to Mozu since the original sounds cuter but oh well.

I just realized that My Room/Private Quarters would actually be an interesting place to have barracks-style conversations. Alas, they're probably not going to do that in the localized version.

Wait, Zero is Niles? (I didn't watch the whole thing, I skipped to the Amiibo part) I never thought I'd say this about an English name compared to a Japanese one, but that sucks. Zero was a cool enough name.

Edited by Anacybele

Why does localisation change so many of the Hoshidan names? Chances are if you play fire emblem you are a weeaboo, and know how to pronounce that sort of thing. A lot of the changed names are cringe-y, can't wait to see what they've changed Oboro or Shinonome to. But whatever. We'll get used to it eventually.

I understand some of the changes, like Ryouma to Ryoma. I was pronouncing Ryoma wrong before the change, so the change made me do it correctly. Changes like Tsubaki to Subaki though, I don't really get. But eh.

From all two of his lines, it sounds like Yuri Lowenthal didn't derp out as Marth this time. Thank goodness. Still 'aint Spike Spencer.

He still doesn't sound fitting to me, like Lowenthal is one of my favorite VA's, but eh... Maybe it'll grow on me

Niles is a great name for Zero.

Beruka is kind of silly, though. Belka slid off the tongue much more easily. That's going to take a lot of getting used to since she's my fav (As you can probably tell by my avatar).

Mozu is kind of odd but I'll live with it.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I guess they went with 'Mozu' to try and make her more cute? 'Mozumi' would have been fine too, but I'm not offended at all.

'Beruka' will take some getting used to.

Now that I let Zero's new name sink in for a bit, I think that 'Niles' is a great name for him! Zero was such an awkward name, because it sounded like the name of a Saturday morning cartoon villain. -_-

Edited by Leif

Why does localisation change so many of the Hoshidan names? Chances are if you play fire emblem you are a weeaboo, and know how to pronounce that sort of thing. A lot of the changed names are cringe-y, can't wait to see what they've changed Oboro or Shinonome to. But whatever. We'll get used to it eventually.

I've seen my fair share of anime lovers (don't know them enough to say if they're "weeaboo") but their pronounciation sucks. you could also argue that they're trying to make it a more general audience game. and hey, Lucina's name isn't really changed and can be pronounced as the Japanese is pronounced but pretty much everyone says "Lu-see-na" rather than the original "Lu-kee-na" (Yay for ambiguity in English)

Huh, is Lucina's bear hat a reference to Awakening drama CDs?

I wish the game audio didn't echo so much, I'm more interested in their voices than their names. Marth sounds good, though. (I just bought a Marth amiibo but I'd need a New 3DS to have him in Fates ;__;)

Shortened Hoshidan names still sound bit weird to me, but I don't mind others shown here. I always thought Zero would be renamed (it just screams ~dark backstory~ to me), so Niles is okay, I guess. I like Selena a lot. I'm very happy Nyx wasn't changed!

In an attempt to reason out why Zero would be renamed Niles, which is such a.. goody-two-shoes cutesy puppy rich guy name, I've decided that Leo (re)named him when he became his subordinate. After a few hours, the change has started to sink in, and I realize I definitely overreacted earlier. :p things could be waaay worse.

Now that I let Zero's new name sink in for a bit, I think that 'Niles' is a great name for him! Zero was such an awkward name, because it sounded like the name of a Saturday morning cartoon villain. -_-

386ad3e87f570f654a8ed3bbbb06d7fe265f54a2

That's Saturday morning cartoon anti hero sir

A little friendly reminder that this thread about discussion about the IGN video showcase of ammibo characters (and localization changes). If you want to discuss about the voice acting, I suggest you head over to the thread I've made.

Across from several name changes, I personally don't have any problems with them (renaming Kunai as Dagger makes a little sense since Kunai is technically a dagger). However, renaming Mozume as "Mozu" is probably the most questionable localization decision made by Nintendo of America (I mean, Mozume isn't even hard to pronounce if you think about it).