Making Of Fire Emblem - Unreleased Wii game

Shrouded In Myth

Hmm, interesting.

I don't know how I feel about the whole no more home console game thing. On one hand I am kinda happy since I tend to get Nintendo handhelds over their home consoles, but I fear this would have limitations on future games.

This would have been really cool, too bad they did not release it. I really hope that they do make another FE for a home console again someday, but I understand where Nintendo was coming from at the time.

i mean that was back with radiant dawn

there's been about 4 games since then, so its not completely unreasonable to think a console FE might indeed happen.

With how the Wii U's doing compared to its competitors, staying on handheld is probably a safer and more profitable move.

Interesting stuff. I'm planning my own write up some time between now and 2016.

I'm not happy. I've always preferred home consoles, and if I can't play my favorite series on a home console, that's not cool at all. And I agree on the limitations thing.

If rumours are true, the NX might be a home console and portable built into one, so you'll probably get your home console FE eventually : )

If rumours are true, the NX might be a home console and portable built into one, so you'll probably get your home console FE eventually : )

How is that even possible? It's not a home console if it's portable, because it's portable, not a console for at home. You can't have it both ways, it's too contradictory. So if the NX is going to be portable and there will be no more home consoles, I won't be playing video games as much as I do now anymore. I usually only ever play portable games when I'm away from home, because at home, I enjoy the home console titles more. There have been a few exceptions (like a couple Pokemon games and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon), but you'll still find me playing a home console game like 80% of the time.

How is that even possible? It's not a home console if it's portable, because it's portable, not a console for at home. You can't have it both ways, it's too contradictory. So if the NX is going to be portable and there will be no more home consoles, I won't be playing video games as much as I do now anymore. I usually only ever play portable games when I'm away from home, because at home, I enjoy the home console titles more. There have been a few exceptions (like a couple Pokemon games and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon), but you'll still find me playing a home console game like 80% of the time.

I don't want to go off a tangent too much, but this is my take on a possible console and portable hybrid...

Do you know how the Wii U works? You have the Game Pad (a controller with a screen) that connects wirelessly to the Wii U console.

Now imagine the Game Pad was an actual portable console and didn't have to connect the Wii U all the time. That's probably what the NX will be like.

Most likely, you can play the NX portable away from home, but when you connect it to the "console", it will get more power and display better graphics etc.

Basically, you need to think outside the box : P

So, there will never be another home console FE? I'm sad. :(

Nobody said that, at least we have that weird mixture of shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. Still, a pure FE home-console based game maybe have to wait until NX, I guess.

I'm glad it didn't release.

No doubt it would have bombed, and while I love Pikmin, FE and Pikmin do not mix.

No one could knew what the hell would get out from such concepts.

I smell they tried some sort of strategic game such as Age of Empires style. Sounds neato, still worth the try sometimes, I guess.

The WiiU's controller says otherwise. You see, this is quite a certainty, by mixing the production (for once) of more 'handheld' centered productions and more pure home-based games as we call it, they surely save A LOT of moneyh by not producing ever again two consoles. Also, don't forget that is frequently insisted the new console will use new cloud computing, so ...

nTrMhYX.gif?noredirect

Edited by Edrall

...Who else is getting an Etrian Odyssey-esque vibe from the architecture and landscape (namely that first image)?

Anyway, the whole thing reeks of "experimental project was experimental". Unsurprising that it went nowhere.

...Who else is getting an Etrian Odyssey-esque vibe from the architecture and landscape (namely that first image)?

ETRIAN ODYSSEY WHERE *looks*

Well, the first image is giving me Armoroad (EO3) vibes, since it looks like it's a city by the sea. The second image kind of looks like Yggdrasil as well. So I suppose a bit.

Too bad this Wii game was unreleased, it looks sort of interesting. I wonder if they'll ever reuse the idea for a future FE game, or anything like that.

Interesting concept art and ideas. So it would've been sort of like a real-time strategy RPG? I don't know how I would've reacted if they'd released this. But it's interesting for sure.

I'm sure after the success of the last two main games they'll reconsider a home console game, moreso if #FE also does well. But if the rumours about the NX being both home console and handheld turn out to be true there won't even be a need to debate it.

Interesting concept art and ideas. So it would've been sort of like a real-time strategy RPG? I don't know how I would've reacted if they'd released this. But it's interesting for sure.

It's entirely possible they were looking to include a roaming overworld, kinda like FE2.

In case anybody misses it, here's my article/analysis of the unreleased Wii game.

Nothing really new per se, but I thought I'd try to piece all the facts together.

Again, many thanks to Kirokan for digging through the book and scanning the pages for me (and us) : )

Edited by VincentASM

Nobody said that, at least we have that weird mixture of shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. Still, a pure FE home-console based game maybe have to wait until NX, I guess.

No one could knew what the hell would get out from such concepts.

I smell they tried some sort of strategic game such as Age of Empires style. Sounds neato, still worth the try sometimes, I guess.

The WiiU's controller says otherwise. You see, this is quite a certainty, by mixing the production (for once) of more 'handheld' centered productions and more pure home-based games as we call it, they surely save A LOT of moneyh by not producing ever again two consoles. Also, don't forget that is frequently insisted the new console will use new cloud computing, so ...

nTrMhYX.gif?noredirect

And SMT x FE looks like some of the stupidest crap I ever saw. I have zero interest in it. I want an actual FE game for Wii U.

And the Gamepad isn't a console itself, it's a controller. Also, was it really necessary to be a smartass?

I don't want to go off a tangent too much, but this is my take on a possible console and portable hybrid...

Do you know how the Wii U works? You have the Game Pad (a controller with a screen) that connects wirelessly to the Wii U console.

Now imagine the Game Pad was an actual portable console and didn't have to connect the Wii U all the time. That's probably what the NX will be like.

Most likely, you can play the NX portable away from home, but when you connect it to the "console", it will get more power and display better graphics etc.

^Now this guy here makes more sense to me. I hadn't thought of it that way before.

Edited by Anacybele

Omg ilyana being there made my day

Like in 1 week i got two see ilyana in two different games #FE and now this, i always thought my queen would never make a return but look at ha proving me wrong

Do you have her Cipher card(s) yet? : )

I was surprised to see her in the prototype as well. I guess somebody at IS really liked her design (and Stefan's).

And SMT x FE looks like some of the stupidest crap I ever saw. I have zero interest in it. I want an actual FE game for Wii U.

It's ok then.

And the Gamepad isn't a console itself, it's a controller. Also, was it really necessary to be a smartass?

My suggestion was: they could make the controller as a 'console' itself, but you knew what I talked about. No 'smartass' pun intented in my previous commentaries btw.

What this guy said is what I meant before.