Does Nintendo hate Chrom?

marth2600

Think about it. He's cut from Smash, he stuck in SMT x FE and they don't bring him up EVER when talking about Awakening! I can only get the feeling that they feel Chrom was a stupid mistake to them, or Nintendo just disregards Awakening...

Think about it. He's cut from Smash, he stuck in SMT x FE and they don't bring him up EVER when talking about Awakening! I can only get the feeling that they feel Chrom was a stupid mistake to them, or Nintendo just disregards Awakening...

@Smash: Pretty sure Lucina and Robin were just more popular. Smash isn't Awakening 2.0, you can't just include every character from there. And Nintendo definitely isn't disregarding Awakening given its large success and the fact that Smash 4 got two characters from it. I'm not read up on SMTxFE so I'll stay quiet on that front.

Chrom was not "cut" from Smash. He was considered, but not chosen in the end. (He's still used quite a bit in the game despite not being playable)

Chrom is heavy in the promotion for SMT x FE.

Chrom is in Project X Zone 2.

The logic used to conclude that Nintendo hates Chrom is kind of ridiculous.

Chrom was not "cut" from Smash. He was considered, but not chosen in the end. (He's still used quite a bit in the game despite not being playable)

Chrom is heavy in the promotion for SMT x FE.

Chrom is in Project X Zone 2.

The logic used to conclude that Nintendo hates Chrom is kind of ridiculous.

To add onto this, wasn't he also featured along with Lucina as costumes in Monster Hunter before? If memorys serves correctly, that i

Edited by Noburu

Eeehhhhh I wouldn't say Chrom being in Robin's final smash counts for much there. He's not a player character of any sorts.

Eeehhhhh I wouldn't say Chrom being in Robin's final smash counts for much there. He's not a player character of any sorts.

It would, were it not for Lucina. Otherwise, its just about the next best thing that in relation to the way Chrom leads, is a real nod to him imo. Unless of course, one counts it all as player worship, where you otherwise got me beat

He also got a Nendo so that's something.

He wasn't even lucky enough to get a nendoroid; he got a charaforme, which is pretty much a nendoroid minus the fun.(zero posability)

I don't think that nintendo hates Chrom, he is just overshadowed by the other protagonists, as mentioned by others in this thread.

> monster hunter costume

> smtxfe

> project x zone

> anniversary shirt dedicated to him

> even if he's not playable in ssb4, between the mii costume, final smash and palutena's guidance, he's still got a hell of a lot more presence in it than 99% of fire emblem

how the hell can anyone in their right mind think that nintendo hates chrom or fe13? seriously, just because he's not playable in ssb4 hasn't stopped him from being everywhere else

There's no reason for Chrom to be playable in Smash because he's the same thing as Lucina, so he was given a supporting role. It was purely for gameplay reasons. Smash 4 didn't need yet another Marth clone. And it also may have had something to do with Sakurai not being the genius the Smash fans think he is and not being able to craft anything to set Marth, Lucina and Chrom apart.

Chrom is the face of 3DS Fire Emblem. The vast majority of the female players marry him and he got a fanservice DLC for being popular. Do you really believe Nintendo would be stupid to the point of not capitalizing on it?

Edited by Cerberus87

"Hate" is a strong word but I think something has changed after Robin and Lucina Smash trailer. Maybe it's just me but IS started to push Lucina as the face of Awakening harder than they did before. This also probably has to do something with Chrom not having Amiibo which means he skipped several possible appearances in different Nintendo games.

I won't comment on Cipher before we know who ends up as cover characters for Wave 4.

I don't think Nintendo hates him.

Sakurai, on the other hand, clearly does. He said Chrom was "not original enough" and then added a clone instead. I don't care if Lucina is female or not. I don't care that she IS my favorite female character in FEA. Sakurai's pure hypocrisy there just bugs the heck out of me.

I don't think Nintendo hates him.

Sakurai, on the other hand, clearly does. He said Chrom was "not original enough" and then added a clone instead. I don't care if Lucina is female or not. I don't care that she IS my favorite female character in FEA. Sakurai's pure hypocrisy there just bugs the heck out of me.

do people really keep missing this

Chrom was to be a unique character.

Lucina was to be an alt.

Naturally, a fully unique character is completely different than a last minute alt-turned-clone. If Lucina was planned to be unique and Chrom to be the alt, then Lucina would be cut and Chrom would be the clone. It's all a matter of how clones are viewed by Sakurai: model swap characters

also that guy who implied Sakurai is not a genius can talk to Shulk, Cloud, and Bayonetta

I'm not sure why the Smash thing is seen as such a big deal. Chrom's roles in everything equal Lucina's in representation (you could argue Chrom has more considering he seems to have a significant role in #FE). And even Lucina really got the shaft in Smash as a lesser Marth clone. Ultimately had Chrom been chosen over Lucina, I probably wouldn't have ever checked out Fire Emblem. It was Lucina/Robin's trailer that got me to check out the franchise because I was like "holy shit a Nintendo game with a cool sword wielding female lead protagonist? Sign me the fuck up." Smash is still largely a sausage fest so I'm all about Nintendo putting in women where they can.

I'm not sure why the Smash thing is seen as such a big deal. Chrom's roles in everything equal Lucina's in representation (you could argue Chrom has more considering he seems to have a significant role in #FE).

Probably just because Smash is SO HUGE in the world of Nintendo. A lot of people won't pick up #FE.

And even Lucina really got the shaft in Smash as a lesser Marth clone. Ultimately had Chrom been chosen over Lucina, I probably wouldn't have ever checked out Fire Emblem. It was Lucina/Robin's trailer that got me to check out the franchise because I was like "holy shit a Nintendo game with a cool sword wielding female lead protagonist? Sign me the fuck up."

I hope you weren't too disappointed in that. FE's doing better than it used to but it still has a far way to go. [spoiler="everybody probably already knows this but spoilered anyway]((Forced Lucina in FE13 would've been cooler IMO, plus at least give a game over if she dies...))

Smash is still largely a sausage fest so I'm all about Nintendo putting in women where they can.

Video gaming in general*

That's a FE problem in general. A similar thing happened in FE12 with MU & Marth.

Edited by Papyrus

I don't think Nintendo hates Chrom and they sure don't disregard Awakening.

Compared to Shiida, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Celice/Seliph, Leif, Lilina, Roy (outside of Smash), Lyndis, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Elincia and Micaiah, Chrom gets more than his fair share of love from Nintendo.