Do you prefer fashion or practicality in video games wardrobe?

IceBrand

Which do you lean to more?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Preference

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run 70% practical base with 300% extra bling

I don't like most designs that are over the top impractical or contains something that's a big turn off as a design, but I'm not aiming for 100% practicality either (although also good and definitely capable of looking-good. Practical designs do not look bad by nature; they look bad because either the character wasn't supposed to look stylish or the designer is incompetent)

I go with a base design that I make sure it at least effectively conveys the purpose of the design and then pile a lot of detailing on it

Edited by Thor Odinson

FASHION ALL THE WAY EVERY TIME, ESPECIALLY IN GAMES THAT LET ME FLAUNT MY SUPERIOR AESTHETIC SENSE IN FRONT OF OTHERS.

this is also why, as a dude, rolling a female character in any mmorpg is never unacceptable.

I'd rather have a balance of both, but if not, then practicality.

That being said, I'll definitely put effort into my character's appearance if, like in Xeroblade X or Persona 4, appearance options are separate from the armor.

Fashion if stat loss isn't a big deal, practicality if I really do need the boost.

An outfit being fashionable and high in stats is perfect.

This more or less

I love drawing and looking at fancy dresses and such, but I do like to keep my equipment viable for the point in the game I'm at.

Practicality usually but usually the types of games I play don't even really show the armor being worn. That said if the more fashionable item isnt a HUGE stat loss I will wear it.

Also what if fabulous is best looking like

Ezio's Altair armor

Unbreakable, most resistances most hp, looks fucking fabulous, way better than the metal plates he keep on piling on his outfit

Brutus armor doesn't look nearly as good but you can always just put the Altair armor skin over it :P

I always rush Altair armor though get it as soon as possible it's so good

Edited by Thor Odinson

Regarding what was specifically stated in op, the practical armor. Gotta have those stats.

From a general design point, whatever looks good. Now that varies by many factors and can also be subjective. Generally speaking, armor looking too over-the-top would be a negative for me, being too bland is also a negative, basically having flair is good without going too far in either direction. Again, this is very generally speaking, not even going into things like art style which also influences character design. And hell, I've only talked about armor.

I dunno, I think there's a pattern or formula for this, but it's vague with so many variables it's probably just easier to say it's a case by case basis for me.