Knight of Argentum Plays Nuzlocke Hard Mode of Volt White!

Serpent of Sheol

Hello, Serenes Forest!

I decided about a day ago I wanted to do another Nuzlocke run of some game, and I never completed the randomized run I was doing, so I thought; let's make it even harder and post it on Serenes Forest! So, I'm doing a randomized Nuzlocke of the Pokemon Volt White hack.

I randomized everything, but for specifics, here's what was randomized:

- Base Statistics are completely random within their stat totals (Pokemon evolving are treated as separate Pokemon, so evolving may drastically change a Pokemon's stats)

-Pokemon Abilities are Randomized (No Wonder Guard, increading the chance of a beatable run)

-Starter Pokemon are completely random

-Pokemon typing is completely random, and evolution does not keep the same typing as the previous evolution

-Pokemon movesets are completely random, and every Pokemon starts with four moves for added chaos

-Pokemon Trainers have completely random Pokemon, and have randomized class names and trainer names

-Wild Pokemon are random, including legendaries, and have random held items

-Static Pokemon encounters are completely random

-TMs are completely random, as is their compatibility; Pokemon have a 50% chance to learn any field HMs or TMs

-In game trades have both requested Pokemon and traded Pokemon randomized

-Field Items are randomized

This is also a Nuzlocke, and it will be following standard Nuzlocke rules. If by some weird chance, none of my Pokemon can learn required HMs (though this is unlikely), I will break the catching rule until I can find a Pokemon that can learn the required HM, and all previous Pokemon caught in that time window will be released, keeping the HM Pokemon.

Since this hack doesn't change the plot of Pokemon White at all, I'll only be screencapping Trainer Battles, the first wild encounter in any area, or comments from NPCs I really want to comment on.

I'll also be letting you guys choose my starter, starter nickname, and caught Pokemon nicknames.

And with that, let the game commence!

(Please include starter nickname in a comment if you want to suggest something)

Voting for the starter will probably end tonight.

Starters:

gt3y9VQ.png

Jf9WJRF.png

bpN06aJ.png

Edited by Knight of Argentum

Victreebel being electric type gave me an idea for the nickname instantly: Powerplant. certain power plants or power stations uses electricity in some forms to function, right. And Victreebel is some kind of berry-plant hybrid. Also, Vic is fully evolved so its Type or evolution shouldn't change to anything unfitting for the name anymore.

Victreebel being electric type gave me an idea for the nickname instantly: Powerplant. certain power plants or power stations uses electricity in some forms to function, right. And Victreebel is some kind of berry-plant hybrid. Also, Vic is fully evolved so its Type or evolution shouldn't change to anything unfitting for the name anymore.

That's actually a pretty nice nickname. I like it! Hopefully more people will vote for Victreebel then.

Hoppip easily. Hoppip will fuck shit up.

Fighting type Hoppip, the scariest Pokemon to ever happen.

That's actually a pretty nice nickname. I like it! Hopefully more people will vote for Victreebel then.

Glad you like it :P:.

A Victreebel named Powerplant would be nice.. but I like Dusclops more :P:

Awww... :(:. Dusclops is neat too, tho. Oh well, seems like Hoppip's gonna be the one to get the chance to wreck some shit.

I should have started a campaign on Fftf. #RallyVictreebel

Glad you like it :P:.

Awww... :(:. Dusclops is neat too, tho. Oh well, seems like Hoppip's gonna be the one to get the chance to wreck some shit.

I should have started a campaign on Fftf. #RallyVictreebel

lmao

After posting this, as cool as that nickname would have been, I'm not surprised the manly Fighting-type Hoppip is in the lead.

omg another randolocke screenshot LP. These things are like crack. Pls get far.

I chose Vic T. Rebel 'cause having to raise a fully-evolved pokémon from level 5 sounds hilarious. ^ш^ Hippo's cool too, though. Goddamn, these pokémon and their names... [shot]

Edited by Lusqina

I'd vote for the Electric Victreebell, and I'll name him Empifoudre (even if powerplant is basically perfect.)

I'd have like the Dusclops too. I would propose Dusk Lobster, because I'm a really funny person.

Ond for Hoppip, I'd porpose Batle Granny, or Hoppunch.

My propositions are absolutely awfull, but at least I contribute.

omg another randolocke screenshot LP. These things are like crack. Pls get far.

I chose Vic T. Rebel 'cause having to raise a fully-evolved pokémon from level 5 sounds hilarious. ^ш^ Hippo's cool too, though. Goddamn, these pokémon and their names... [shot]

I know, right? They're full of tragedy too. These runs should be tragedies.

I hope I get far, and hopefully I won't run into a Zekrom after the first gym. (Actual thing that has happened to me)

But yeah, aside from this being completely random, my thoughts on the starters so far (warning: has not seen starter stats):

Dusklops: Probably the middle-ground for these guys, having Water/???? will end it up pretty strong or pitifully weak, because if it's a Water/Rock, Water/Flying, etc., it could be problematic. Once it evolves into Duskinoir, it would have a nice stat total, which means there's low probability of it being bad; if it gets no offensive stats, it would work well as a tank from Water typing.

Victreebel: Definitely the safest pick out of the three, with Electric/???? typing, placing it at one weakness so far. Victreebel suffers from a low stat-total, however, which could be problematic earlier if I encounter stronger Pokemon. It does, however, give a smoother early game from typing.

Hoppip: Wild-Card Pokemon, has the most room to grow and the most room to be made terrible. Fighting-type might be bad depending on an overabundance of Flying-types and Psychic-types, though it will evolve twice, giving it the chance at drastic stat change and typing twice. Jumpluff's stat total is bad, though. Really depends on ability and move pool. I don't think it can carry me through the early game, but we'll see. High speed might do it.

I'd vote for the Electric Victreebell, and I'll name him Empifoudre (even if powerplant is basically perfect.)

I'd have like the Dusclops too. I would propose Dusk Lobster, because I'm a really funny person.

Ond for Hoppip, I'd porpose Batle Granny, or Hoppunch.

My propositions are absolutely awfull, but at least I contribute.

Hoppunch is pretty nice considering the typing. I'll probably go with this one when Hoppip is inevitably chosen if Hoppip is chosen. Edited by Knight of Argentum

Duscloud - Assuming move types haven't been randomized, this one might be lucky enough to learn Surf/Waterfall, which is a combination of a nice STAB move and utility. If they are, ignore me. :P:

Sorry, I lied. Results were collected today, only slightly after tonight.

And it appears the winner is Hoppip! As stated in the thread, Hoppip will be named Hoppunch; thank you to user Tamanoir for suggesting a good name.

Well, here's the LP so far!

Battle with Bianca:

J1rVRPF.png
Cyclist... Webster? Bianca, I didn't know you were a Cyclist at heart. Also, in my previous runs, one of my rivals seemed to be named Webster. This is apparently a common name in the Unova region.
4wOT6hV.png

Bianca and the magical appearing Palpitoad. It's going to disappear by next battle. Someone make it a meme. Also, #notkeepingstarterpokemon.

n3jKHTE.png
Could have hoped for more Speed, honestly. Synchronize is a good ability in Nuzlocke runs though. Pretty nice attack for a Hoppip, though that will probably change. Not bad, not bad at all.

LCPYmpQ.png

I'm sorry I doubted you, Cero.

UAEqUCR.png
Thanks for being relatively balanced, Hoppip. I love you already.

oV6DE1z.png
Surprisingly low amount of damage coming from a Sludge Bomb, though Hoppip had nice Special Defense. We're taking the pansy way out with dig and avoiding one attack. I hope it doesn't know Earthquake.

8Ig8ZIu.png

I hope that's its only attacking move. That would be smooth for a first battle.

8z55vTf.png
rekt tbh

L2xXvAx.png

It's nice when you have a good first battle. This won't last for long.

sp1OzZs.png
What an awesome starting Pokemon. It's a shame Hoppip will be ripped away from us so soon when he evolves into Skiploom and changes type, stats, and ability. **sniffle**

Fq4Dufx.png
It used Sludge Bomb again. And with that, our first battle is complete!

DcXJa9P.png
We... Probably aren't going to get much speed out of Hoppunch. What a shame.

Battle with Cheren:

6zzKBAH.png
Cyclists have never been good Pokemon battlers, you know. Why did you guys pick up Pokemon again?

eICqnMo.png
MORE FREE EXP FOR THE DESTROYER
8jrHhC5.png
This couldn't possibly hurt, right? I have good defense!

laYSgtv.png

... I hate you, Swadloon.

p9qwjFd.png
HOPPIP Y U DO DIS

rHnjbQc.png
We tanked a Cross Poison, thankfully. The Dig has to kill it next turn in order for us to win, or Cross Poison has to miss.

9t7hdOy.png
Dodged a Cross Poison, though this pretty much means GG. Swadloon Defense 3stronk

DOYb6yU.png
I'm grateful for not having Pokeballs yet, otherwise this would have been the end of the run!

This one goes up to the first wild encounter.

EQmERJY.png
We can finally name Hoppunch, officially.

k0KFSMj.png
Amazingly, Hoppunch gets a buff to Speed and less Special Attack. As previously noted, we didn't get Speed last level up. This is going to be a long run...

xQXrGLc.png
Our first Wild Encounter, a Lunatone! Not what I would want to have, but okay for a first catch. If Hoppunch gets better, it may make a noble sacrifice to tank a hit.

ZUkcmxX.png
Probably my best option for now. We'll see where it goes.

pZI9ePZ.png
It was super effective, and actually caused right under Lunatone's half-HP point, so I could have used it again and got low health. Then Lunatone used Wood Hammer and stopped me from using it again...

W9uoXLj.png
"Cool! I have lowered HP, so this will be less powerful, and there's no way this is a Grass Type!" Said Knight of Argentum.

uawWdJc.png
He was clearly mistaken.
EDZ5eAN.png
We leveled up, and in the next few moments, I no longer regretted accidentally killing it. It was worth the sacrifice.

We replaced Trump Card with Hydro Cannon.

1GMYLYA.png
And with that, Knight stares off into the distance, contemplating his actions to this point. It's going to be an interesting run.

Part 3 is here! This is going to fill up my computer so quickly.

[spoiler=Pre-N Battle]

0GRvT3d.png
First level-up in the training I started doing. I like getting my starter to level 10 before fighting N, especially in the case of this Hoppip.

7pRYbPd.png
Not too shabby, Hoppunch. Please get more speed.

hlErINH.png
In this universe, Piloswine are actually the masters of time. It did so little damage it was pretty funny.

GrSDd4W.png
AYY SPEED

UM7NP8Z.png
Hoppunch wants to slam into everything, so I'm getting rid of Ice Fang. More PP and Power, slightly less hit.

jwDcc4v.png

HOPPUNCH PLEASE GET SPEED HOLY SHIT

xR5F1NX.png
These are the final stats before fighting N.

jiC61oU.png
I'm buying Potions just to be safe, though I don't see what use I'll get out of them since if I need to heal, it's probably from a Super effective move and I only have one Pokemon.

JfTU0E0.png
Going back and playing through this again, I always forget by this point in the game, Team Plasma is made of nobodies, and nobody knows who Ghetsis is. These guys look like Pokemon PETA right now, huh? They couldn't possibly turn out to be a terrorist group!

[spoiler=Battle with N]

NmWgNdq.png
All right, Cyclist N. Show me what you've got! "I'm confident I will destroy you," says Dan.

7RisWpl.png
At that moment, all of his confidence went down the drain.

WLufRrk.png
Did Hoppunch just out-speed a Mewtwo?

U7pTbF8.png
... I hope this thing has Special moves so it hits my now-high Special Defense.

Ge4HUm9.png
I'm awful at screenshotting. Sorry. Mewtwo used Mach Punch and missed.

Gl9y8jR.png
We're just avoiding all the attacks. This is still probably the safest way to go.

josg1pT.png
Smart, Mewtwo. I thought the AI in this game was supposed to be good? It definitely knows more than Mach Punch and Wonder Room.

Gyby3DQ.png
You know what I used here, and I tanked another Mach Punch. Mewtwo must have low Physical Attack.

teMSXJU.png
#Badatscreenshotting. You can probably guess what I used, though. AND WITH THAT, MEWTWO HAS FALLEN. IT WAS PRETTY EASY, AND I NOW HAVE MY CONFIDENCE BACK.

X47uOfz.png
"What damage could a Skorupi do?"

SwsCzxT.png
Hilariously, probably more than Mewtwo ever did.

C2uEgX2.png
I used Slam and Skorupi lowered its own Speed. Victory is secured here.

oSwEBPp.png

HOPPUNCH WINS AGAINST THE SKORUPI

53M28eu.png
Hoppunch is getting a really nice HP and Defense Pool, I'm pretty happy with this.

GELb0ge.png

Stats after the level-up.

Jgb0bgz.png

Can someone draw a picture of this murderous Hoppip? Please? Eruption, Hydro Cannon, and Horn Drill. Damn. We aren't learning Horn Drill, though. I want to keep my other moves. OHKO moves are bad anyway.

iz0c30q.png

Will Dewgong be the biggest threat?

PHxClOV.png

Probably not. Hoppunch has great Defense.

t9IZ04A.png
Pretty much the same strategy this entire battle. Dig spam is fun.

uBRwPzV.png
It missed another Aqua Tail. Hoppunch returns fire with a Super effective critical strike Dig. AND WITH THAT, N IS DEFEATED!

[spoiler=Second Wild Encounter]

tme53fH.png
I'd be pretty happy to catch this, so let's hope Hoppunch doesn't murder it first turn.

Yf2G6h6.png
Damn, this thing must be really slow.

unioKwc.png
So bad at screenshotting. Hopefully I will get better. It used Shadow Punch last turn. Hoppunch returns with another Slam to get it into Yellow Health.

Jgp7n7f.png
Very funny, Drapion. Let me hit you!

rBo2ewe.png
Okay, another Shadow Punch. I can deal with that.

njT61q0.png
#Awfulscreenshotting. I used Slam again, and it hit.
F0DN7In.png

Bone Club did pretty high Damage relative to other things Hoppip has dealt with, so it's imperative to end this battle quickly.
Uyqu1iR.png
Okay, just one more hit before I can start chucking Pokeballs.

8qqfOP4.png
Two evades in one battle? Why me?

60JBLDf.png
We tank another Bone Club, which does the same damage as before.

P6xBSOB.png
Hoppunch returns fire with another slam. I'm determined to catch this thing.

4rxwrLd.png
I HATE YOU DRAPION OMG

kqZIMRu.png
First use of Wake-up Slap seen by Drapion, though three other Pokemon had it on the other route.

oS0DFpF.png
Just to be safe, I went ahead and used a Potion. Don't want to die in a wild battle!

yWxyJd3.png
Dying to a wild Drapion would be pretty embarrassing, actually.

pUsjgNb.png
WE WILL GET IT TO RED HEALTH. IT HAS NOT ONCE CROSSED MY MIND THAT IT COULD CRITICAL STRIKE HERE.

XISAcck.png
At this point, I am actively considering killing it out of rage.

VKnFy8v.png
Another use of Shadow Punch.

DpcyHVI.png
I WILL KEEP TRYING UNTIL IT HITS

NbTeCq9.png
FUCKING FINALLY. I hit with Slam, and Drapion hit me for a critical hit Bone Club. I used another potion because now I'm in red health.

iq7W8B3.png
Low damage Shadow Punch is nice to see. Next turn, I'm going to try and catch it.

V5BTqeZ.png
Here we go! It's level 5, this shouldn't be too hard.

JmZo4Ac.png
... Why me, Helix Fossil? Why me?

ZG2468y.png
How does this thing even Double Kick?

cqGgYPc.png
Second time will definitely work.

aAUOWjv.png
DRAPION GET

SgE6I7e.png
... Interesting typing, to say the least. I wonder what its stats are like.

nAS5RIU.png
Go think of a good nickname for my Drapion. I'll resume progress tomorrow!

Eruption. Hydro Cannon. Horn Drill.

Watching. You have no idea how much I'm watching. Sadly I have no art skills whatsoever and can't draw Goddip.

Seconding BugMeNot, I guess.