FE7 ENM randomized draft

Gradivus.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighter!Erk and Troubadour!Raven

I have a lot of archers, and it's annoying. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up on Jerme's map, but given my team, it really wouldn't make a difference. ;/

This has got to be easier than FE12 Lunatic.

Chapter 11 - 6/6

Meet the cast!

TOeJgx6.png

He's got a Poison Bow. FML.

KsJl1zT.png

At least he, uh, won't die?

7NmXi9A.png

He's got a Horseslayer. I recruited him as a ferry.

mzokaEO.png

The savior of the run.

I might as well abuse my turn counts while I can~!

Eliwood danced around the enemy to get to the throne, while Marcus simply walked. Dorcas grabbed the Dragonshield, and Bartre cleaned up all the leftovers. The boss was a knight, who regretted his choice of occupation as Bartre zapped him into oblivion. Dorcas grabbed some vulneraries, but didn't get a chance to pass them out.

Chapter 12 - 7/13

Dorcas picked up Marcus and ferried him over to the really foresty area, stopping off at the shop to give Marcus an Iron Axe and Iron Sword. Eliwood and Bartre slowly worked their way forward. When Hector (female archer) and Oswin (brigand with Devil Axe) showed up, I put them to work killing off generics. Zagan was a Wyvern Rider with insane defenses, so I had Bartre bait him. The boss dodged everything up until Oswin's Devil Axe (left him at 5 HP), which was enough for Eliwood to finish. On turn 6 EP, I put Dorcas in range of two mercs and a brigand - altogether, they were just shy of killing him. He somehow landed every last hit on everything, which meant that they could take out the final archer together.

Chapter 13 - 6/19

Flew Marcus over the river, then wound up having to wait a bit because the boss was a stupidly dodgy Monk with way to much bulk. I wound up rigging a 41% Javelin hit from Dorcas, because Eliwood was too busy baiting Guy, and Bartre was keeping a couple of units off of my undrafted group's tail. Had I left Marcus to his own devices, I calculated that it would be a 6HKO, at minimum (and that's assuming that every last 67% Iron Sword hit. . .well, hit). Made sure to recruit Guy for giggles.

I have no idea how I'm going to get through 13x, short of a couple of miracles.

Edited by eclipse

This is gonna suck no matter what.

Lord!Guy (hell, I recruited him) and Bishop!Geitz/Mage!Wallace (randomizer lists him as a mage, he might be a sage, but I think I can recruit him anyway)

NomadTrooper!Karel

I guess I'm ready to go. Here's the gang so far:

mPdoeKo.png

Oh god, he gets killed by the first brigand and he only has a Luna tome. Let's hope what levels he gets are worthwhile.

hS7recD.png

Not bad, though the lack of movement and strength hurts.

rEkVDlK.png

She's a dancer alright, and comes with Nini's Grace to make up for Marcus' shortcomings.

Edited by Ozarhok

Chapter 13x - 7/26

Let's meet Guy~!

XHeKOs7.png

Normal Guy, minus the genderswap and constitution that makes vanilla Nino look bulky.

This chapter featured me rigging a 34% crit on a Nomad so that it wouldn't hit someone important (like Dorcas). Guy went south, while everyone else rotated north, with Dorcas staying near the west snag to keep away from archers. Marcus managed to smack the snag near the village, and Bartre nabbed the money on the last turn. Wound up using Oswin and Hector as meatshields.

And a stat check, after this stupid chapter:

fNmEgVV.png

I guess everyone who bitched about Eliwood got this one or something.

B6hLMS2.png

Doubles nothing, but never dies, either.

PTtwXhX.png

I might rig a couple of speed-ups, so that he'll continue to double stupidly slow enemies.

z8BkSKA.png

The faster I can promote him, the better.

wn7yHn7.png

If he gets rigged, it'll be purely for Strength.

Chapter 14 - 10/36

Here's the boss:

9gzdlD5.png

This is Erik.

A4dVVis.png

It's, uh, extra cash?

And this is Erk:

idxQR5g.png

Reverse the defense and resistance, and give him a bit more HP, and it's Bartre.

SRSlqrb.png

You have got to be kidding me

This chapter was pretty annoying. Marcus wouldn't die, but wouldn't double, either. Eliwood had to be kept out of enemy combat, Bartre couldn't be everywhere, Dorcas had to watch for arrows, Erk was 2HKO'd, and Guy. . .one failed run involved stripping.

Marcus walked over to the boss, because Dorcas was too busy keeping crap off of Eliwood and Guy. Serra recruited Erk, who very nearly died next phase because his inventory was crap. I managed to snag Priscilla shortly before the map ended, which means that my backup staffbot plans can still happen. Wound up rigging a speed level on Dorcas so he'd stay on his averages (1 speed over six levels), and a not-crap level for Eliwood (by "not-crap", I mean "get more than HP only").

Edited by eclipse

DDo340t.png

Should be pretty good all around. Hopefully his stats will cooperate, since he'll mostly lead the charge in the next bunch of chapters. He comes with a light brand.

mVJQSp2.png

He's a lot worse than his original version, mainly due to his con, which gets him weighed down by Steel Sword (5 AS) and Killer Bow (8 AS). He still brings things within killable range for the rest, but fails to double in many situations, including bosses or even generic fighters.

aYLMVWM.png

Crappy bases, but flux's decent mt and growths should be able to salvage her, she has enough atk to 2HKO enemies and might get the energy ring too. Hopefully I can get her to B or even A staves.

C11 6/6 turns

Marcus fed the first Fighter to Rebecca and Eliwood rescued him ahead, dropping him off on turn 2. Rebecca (with Peg!Lowen's help) got the fighters out of range, picked up scraps from Eliwood and/or Marcus and reached the boss on turn 6 to take the kill after 2 killer bow shots (might have been killer bow + steel sword, don't recall) from marcus and a light brand from Eliwood.

C12 6/12 turns

Dropped Marcus over the fort on turn 1. Eliwood proceeded to go up after taking an iron lance, sword and javelin from Lowen and Marcus and Rebecca engaged some of the boss area enemies from below (2 brigands and 2 mercs). Eliwood, Hector (Lyn Lord) and Oswin (Archer) went through the forest after clearing out the initial enemies west of it, which was mostly done by Eliwood. Eliwood also got the bosskill (soldier).

C13 5/17 turns

Eliwood and Marcus went left and broke the first snag. Rebecca just followed up. Marcus broke the second one with a ballista (from Oswin) and a steel sword hit. On turn 4, Rebecca killed a Merc that attacked Iron Lance!Eliwood before. Marcus then attacked the boss (archer w/ killer ballista) with the ballista and finished off on turn 5 with 2x killer bow. Rebecca got the merlinus village.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 15 - 8/44

This chapter was irritating, and I blame Lyn's crew. In order:

Lyn - A myrmidon that 4HKO'd mercenaries

Kent - An Eliwood lord with 12 RES

Sain - A troubadour, and probably the best out of the lot

Wil - A soldier who was ORKO'd by mercenaries

I ferried Marcus over the mountains and had him sit on a fort, while Guy, Bartre, and Erk went down south. This caused a giant rift in the enemies, which allowed Dorcas to grab Eliwood and ferry him to the boss. Managed to kill the boss with Eliwood, since he had nothing better to do.

Chapter 16 - 11/55

Next up:

YJzsdn4.png

Those stats terrify me. I swear my classes have zeroes for bases or something.

LT03TaR.png

TORCH OH HELL YEAH!

Straight to the boss, who was a swordmaster (whee). My saving grace was that he had a Longsword equipped, and I had zero units that cared about that. Chipped him down with Eliwood, and had Dorcas take the kill. Managed to recruit Raven at the last feasible minute.

Chapter 16x - 4/59

Did everything in my power to get here, and this is why:

OiTp57Y.png

Hey, a unit with Speed! And just in time!

BIf9J3F.png

His starting equipment allowed him to dodge like crazy!

With two pegasi, I was able to drop Guy in the forest in front of all the pirates. Guy with a Slim Sword sported something like 56 avoid, which was more than enough to dodge everything, On turn 2, I cleaned up the ranged guys, then did a bit of rigging to make sure that no one died to Damian's flying Killing Edge out of nowhere. On turn 3, Damian died to a Steel Bow, courtesy of Eliwood. This allowed Dorcas to fly over to Fargus undisturbed. Erk, Raven, and Bartre went north, mostly for Erk and Raven's sake. Grabbed Sleep and Short Bow, but didn't have enough juice to go shopping.

Chapter 17 - 3/62

Zoldam was a cavalier. This was the second-worst class possible for him to be in.

Turns 1 and 2 were spent moving Dorcas and Canas towards Zoldam. Erk and Marcus clumped the enemies near the left bridge, while Guy, Bartre, and Raven held up the right bridge. On turn 3, Eliwood let loose with his pocket cannon (Iron Ballista, courtesy of Priscilla), which got Zoldam low enough that Canas could chip with an Iron Lance, and Dorcas could finish with a Horseslayer.

I rigged exactly one hit on the boss - Canas' 80% Iron Lance hit. ;/

Stats as of the end of Chapter 17:

tWdF4U0.png

Got out of awful tier by getting a ballista and generally gaining offensive stats.

Nyf3eQF.png

Still a wall.

A5Stv0M.png

I want him to gain a few more levels before promotion.

4CBMDi5.png

The Slim Sword has turned him into a respectable dodgetank.

7zsdev0.png

He's slowly getting out of his rut. Eventually. Like, he might be ready for promotion by the time the desert hits.

hYBQxLC.png

Six heals already, with plenty more in the future.

peH0iDK.png

Kicking ass already.

Chapter 18 - 6/68

Uhai was a Wyvern Lord. I have an Iron Ballista. It was a 2HKO.

Oh, right, everyone else. Canas got the second Torch staff, Guy took out the pirates from the north, Marcus went a bit east of Guy and dealt with the reinforcements there, and everyone else went south. Raven's starting Torch staff was a huge lifesaver. Canas accidentally wandered into range of the Longbow dude, but dodged and then grabbed the Longbow for Eliwood. Got some really bad levels, but I think it's okay, given the explosive growth that happened earlier.

I'm assuming that Marcus is free on Chapter 19?

Edited by eclipse

Chapter 11: 4/4
Eliwood didn't do anything other than crit the first brigand, which didn't even kill it.

Exp  HP Str Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Eliwood: 1.10 18 3   5   2   0   2   4
Marcus:  1.97 24 11  21  18  15  7   6
Rebecca: 1.20 20 2   5   9   3   0   1

Chapter 12: 6/10

f5QtadW.png

Help me

I'm upset that I didn't draft Oswin. He's an archer with great strength & defence with two killer bows. Marcus & Oswin did almost everything.

Exp  HP Str Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Eliwood: 1.11 18 3   5   2   0   2   4
Marcus:  2.95 25 11  21  19  16  8   6
Rebecca: 1.80 20 2   5   9   3   0   1
Hector:  1.61 16 4   5   2   1   2   4

For the free undrafted dancer/bard rule, does that mean we choose one and they're free or we can use any one of our other undrafted dancers/bards for free? Because Serra is looking a lot better stat wise than Rebecca.

Edited by Ozarhok

we choose one and they're free

This.

EDIT: @eclipse yeah Marcus is still free in C19.

Edited by Gradivus.