Awesome Games Done Quick 2016

riariadne

Today starts this year's AGDQ 2016, a charity stream featuring people speedrunning games to raise money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. We've had threads for these in the past and a lot of people were interested in them. Also, gwimpage is running Fire Emblem Path of Radiant tonight at around 11:10 PM EST- he had a great run of Radiant Dawn last year, so if you're interested in that tune in to show your support!

Here's the link to the stream for people who wanna watch. At the time of posting the first game of the stream is Splatoon.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

edit: GDI Elieson made a post in the FE9 section

Edited by Reinfleche

FE9 Any% Speedrun by Gwimpage; 1/3/16 @ 11:10p EST

Metroid Fusion Any% Speedrace by Kirbymastah & others; 1/5/16 @ 12:35p EST

Sonic Advance 3 All StagesSpeedrun by Kirbymastah; 1/6/16 @ 7:20a EST

As far as SF Representation goes, here's what's on the board.

CLICK THIS FOR THE MASTER SCHEDULE

@ppl who don't want to watch through Twitch, here's the main site where you can see it streamed on their homepage

Edited by Elieson

I was wondering why there wasn't a thread about AGDQ until now.

I'll try to catch the FE9 run, but it is at like 5am for me, last year Radiant Dawn run was awesome, hopefully no technical issue will happen during the run this time.

First time watching a Splatoon speedrun, it was pretty good.

Edited by Avk

So, out of everything that caught my eye, I'm either going to be at work (Kingdom Hearts 1.5) or at dinner (PoR, Oracle of Ages).

How long before they post the recorded streams on their site?

So, out of everything that caught my eye, I'm either going to be at work (Kingdom Hearts 1.5) or at dinner (PoR, Oracle of Ages).

How long before they post the recorded streams on their site?

Someone unaffiliated did them within about a week last AGDQ. Usually it takes quite some time otherwise (the stuff they have to go through is pretty gigantic I'd imagine).

EDIT: Nevermind, found a great source here for this year's vods:

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/3z9fyi/agdq_vod_thread_2016/

Edited by Reinfleche

Can't wait! Had it on the TV all day today in the background; very spectacular and entertaining runs so far, as always. Hyped for FE9! Good luck Gwimpage! :D

I only got around two hours of sleep so I could watch this. Worth it? I think so. (just after 2am to ~4:30am-ish.) The speedrun in a word? Marcia.

Great run from Gwimpage, about two minutes off his personal best he said! We got some sweet SF shoutouts and they broke through the $100,000 mark for donations during the run for some great progress for about 14 hours in. Lots of cool things on the lategame maps, even with a hilariously timed missed rescue on Ike it was an overall sweet run.

I wanted to see the FE9 run, but I stopped watching due to a combination of Fire Emblem not being a particularly fun game to watch and me being sick and needing to sleep.

My favorite run so far, though, was definitely the Mario 64 co-op. That was quite the meme game.

Could watch till chapter 17-1 and it was pretty much as I expected.

More or less a Titania-solo in the beginning with a bit help from Ike and then it became a Marcia-solo.

Only was a bit surprised that Jill wasn't recruited. But it didn't seem that she was needed at all.

I'm still asking myself, if it these isolated squares in the forest in 17-2 for the fliers were intended for a LTC.

Anyway fun to watch, although I missed the second half.

Kinda bad that battle animations in FE9 can't be disabled.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Could watch till chapter 17-1 and it was pretty much as I expected.

More or less a Titania-solo in the beginning with a bit help from Ike. Shinon atttacted all the enemies.

Only was a bit surprised that Jill wasn't recruited. But it didn't seem that she was needed at all.

Anyway fun to watch, although I missed the second half.

Kinda bad that battle animations in FE9 can't be disabled.

FE9 is Titania Emblem until Marcia arrives, then it's Marcia Emblem allday

Just so ya'll know, Kirbymastah goes live for a Metroid Fusion three-way Any% Speedrace in about 3:40 from now.

Show your support :)

Just so ya'll know, Kirbymastah goes live for a Metroid Fusion three-way Any% Speedrace in about 3:40 from now.

Show your support :)

This is _on_

Edited by Elieson

319eeab2a2.jpg

2nd place by 45 seconds. Solid run kirb. Your bosses were at worst, equal with JRPs, if not better

Edited by Elieson