aaa...why do i have haar on my party?!

So at the end of Chapter 20 soren said that haar is a new ally and I was like WAIT WHAT....then I saw him in my party..........

Thing is the allys under the victory terms changes if haar is in or not.

http://imgur.com/a/d2p49

post-10407-0-87384400-1451866279_thumb.png

Edited by Elite Ninja London

any chance that you've been playing around with ar codes which let you control unit affiliations? something like that is my first thought as to what happened here: if you had one active during the last chapter, where haar appears on the map in a cutscene, then he might have been carried over from there. on the other hand, if that were the case, generic enemies from that chapter would probably have been dragged in as well, so i suppose that shoots down that theory

incidentally, his army affiliation (未設定) just says "not configured". this is what a lot of unit instances who show up only in cutscenes and are never meant to be seen in actual gameplay have as their army affiliation because, well, that data is not set up for them (i first ran into this in the first three parts of chapter 17, with the ulki, janaff and reyson instances seen in those cutscenes). at the very least, this confirms that the cutscene is where this haar came from, but that doesn't really explain how he got here

the idea of an exp code doing something like this is pretty baffling, but what the hell, we've no better theories

i'm a bit curious to see if this might actually straighten itself out once you encounter the real haar in chapter 23. a while back i was playing around with chapter select codes and went back to chapter 24 while already having bastian and lucia in my part. i inadvertently deployed them and found that when the cutscene that recruited them was triggered, the instances i already had were taken from their current location and used in that cutscene, preventing multiples. it's possible that the same thing might happen with your haar. on the other hand it's likely that the cutscene haar is treated as a different character instance than the real haar, kind of like how there are a lot of spare black knights for cutscenes, so they won't "merge". in conclusion, ????????????????????????