Online Serenes Smash Tourney, Grand Victor IceSage.

Jedi

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you get those replays up soon! You never know when an update will come up and render them unplayable!

Hopefully, no more updates will happen after Corrin and Bayonetta's release...

Edited by Power Master

Make sure you get those replays up soon! You never know when an update will come up and render them unplayable!

I assure you that won't be a problem.

They release in February, past when this is supposed to end.

Sorry guys, I think I might have to quit the tourney. My schedule got a hell of a like clustered than I thought.

And this is why I have backups...

You for sure?

Played against DreadFighter; sent the clips to Jedi.

[spoiler=Results. Spoilered if any of you plan on watching the matches and don't want to know who wins each game beforehand.]

I won 2-0

Also

[1:29:58 PM | Edited 1:31:11 PM] Aura / FriendsUAnMe: Yo Jedi, I have a question (for whenever you're available) regarding character selection for the tourney.
Do you have to tell your opponent which character you're selecting? If so, when do you in relation to stage striking?
[4:27:44 PM] Jedi: I wasn't sure on that
[4:28:10 PM] Jedi: asking that in the thread would be a good way to get peoples attention on it
What do you guys think? I like how Anther's ladder handles this:
For the first match of the round
- Both players pick their character (And then announce it to the other player)
- Stage strikes
Remaining matches of the round
- Stage strikes
- Winning player tells the other player what character they will be playing
- Other player tells winning player what character they will be playing

For the first match of the round

- Both players pick their character (And then announce it to the other player)

- Stage strikes

Remaining matches of the round

- Stage strikes

- Winning player tells the other player what character they will be playing

- Other player tells winning player what character they will be playing

this is the canonical way to do it, I like this method

I'm also not a player, so

No, technically you strike stages first then you may elect to double blind pick (need a third party for this). If Anthers ladder does character before stage for round 1, they are wrong.

For online matches though, you don't need a third party for a double blind, you just pick the characters.

Edited by Knife

Has Zerker posted on this thread?

I can't seem to find him.

Either way, just to tell him that I'm free tomorrow.

BOO

I have an interview at 2 PM PST Sunday. Not sure when I'll be online. Probably after 3 PM.

why does character choice even matter

I know I'm playing Cloud, Ryu, and Mewtwo probably every match. Maybe Lucas or Roy. I don't really care if someone counter picks Fox against my Lucas. I'll just work around it.

also yeah only DLC characters because I'm bad at Shulk and Villager, my base game mains

I was just slightly better with them than anyone else

Also, when it comes to stage picks, I don't really care about striking out any. I'm fine with using Gentleman's Rule even in the case of say my opponent really liking Dream Land or something

but if I counter pick I'm picking Gaur Plain/Midgar Omega every time mark my words

why does character choice even matter

I know I'm playing Cloud, Ryu, and Mewtwo probably every match. Maybe Lucas or Roy. I don't really care if someone counter picks Fox against my Lucas. I'll just work around it.also yeah only DLC characters because I'm bad at Shulk and Villager, my base game mains

I was just slightly better with them than anyone else

It is important though. Well maybe not that much for this tourney since its casual, but for high level matches where both players can play multiple characters well, character selection order is important.

Either way, I encourage people to take the striking and character select process seriously even here. Its good practice.

Example: Esam vs Larry at CEO or Abadango vs Anti at BH5

Edited by Knife

Yeah I barely watch tournaments but I want to play against people who aren't faceless For Glory people so Idk how to even really do this

I'm guessing striking stages is done in whatever way but aside from Dream Land's low ceiling they're all pretty much the same stage

characters is something but I play probably bad characters so I won't be offended to have someone slay Mewtwo with Sheik or something.

either way I've already said who I'm using the entire time so Ice Sage can take that advantage if they want. I just really want to show off my Ryu/Mewtwo/Cloud more than anything.

Totally bumping myself, but I wanted to add this to it and get it noticed.

ADDITION: You can also upload the video straight to your YouTube channel itself! Though you may be getting a capture card at some point, you might not necessarily need it.

smash wii u will only upload to 720p 30fps with the condition that the match is 3 minutes or less, so a capture card will likely be needed and desired anyway for the purpose of having the ability to upload stuff with decent quality

Edited by Comet