Online Serenes Smash Tourney, Grand Victor IceSage.

Jedi

I have some of the NNID's in the OP now.

Also we are at 27! 5 more and we have a nice even 32, if not more.

Thanks to all of you who have joined so far, I'm happy beyond words for this turn out.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General question as someone brought it up to me on skype

Since this is semi competitive and semi casualish. (Their words not mine)

Are there any stages in particular people would like to argue for being possibly viable in this?

I think our current set is cool, but unless a lot changed, maybe Kongo Jungle as a counter pick like Melee? Maybe Halberd too?

I do think that Midgar's hazards are cool and don't really kill, but I think it might be too much for a tournament unlike KJ64/Halberd.

General question as someone brought it up to me on skype

Since this is semi competitive and semi casualish. (Their words not mine)

Are there any stages in particular people would like to argue for being possibly viable in this?

Any stage that has stage fatalities. I can not stress how cringy it is when I face people and they take the win as if they earned it, when really the stage killed me. If it has moving platforms that is fine. A stage that I mean for example is the Mega Man yellow devil. Bad times. Idk how it would be normal to lose because of things like that. That list is fine and let it stay like that. This is a tourney, I would not assume this is just for normal and casual matches. Not saying anything bad about casual play, but if it's a contest and someone loses to that, salt will spread.

Edited by Radiance

Yeah, I'll only be adding stages if people have really good arguments for certain ones, like.

I'll pretty much have the final say.

I think our current set is cool, but unless a lot changed, maybe Kongo Jungle as a counter pick like Melee? Maybe Halberd too?

I do think that Midgar's hazards are cool and don't really kill, but I think it might be too much for a tournament unlike KJ64/Halberd.

I could consider Halberd, but I'm glad that the set we have seems good, I just brought it up, because someone asked.

kongo is only a counterpick in melee doubles, and it's banned from most tournaments nowadays. nobody picks it when it's legal anyway.

Gentleman's Agreement and Dave's Stupid Rule added to the OP.

To describe them in this post though.

Dave's Stupid rule, where you cannot counter-pick to a stage you've won on in the set

Gentleman's agreement, in which both players can agree to play on a nonlegal stage, this also can override Dave's Stupid Rule

Hey Jedi, I'm posting because you're too afraid to doublepost content in your own thread.

Also, Radiance, I don't think you understand that I cannot see your signature and therefore, not your NNID

though Jedi put it up in the OP so that's cool

Hey Jedi, I'm posting because you're too afraid to doublepost content in your own thread.

Also, Radiance, I don't think you understand that I cannot see your signature and therefore, not your NNID

though Jedi put it up in the OP so that's cool

Shit my bad, the ID is "Alvicito". Sorry about that. I was playing some Smash so I did not see your post. Edited by Radiance

Alright this is an important post.

We are nearing the 32 player mark, I'll make, and release the bracket with some help from Euk, when this bracket comes out you may begin your matches, however I will not stress time until the 24th begins.

Also I will be unsure of a few players until tomorrow, so I may wait till then if we were to get 32 before then.

I can play my match tomorrow and Saturday. Those are the days I am free. Also one question is that if anyone is gonna spectate the matches? This is just a possible plan because idk if we got the max people and I am practicing a bit more so Idk. I will be ready anytime.

Edited by Radiance

I can play my match tomorrow and Saturday. Those are the days I am free. Also one question is that if anyone is gonna spectate the matches? This is just a possible plan because idk if we got the max people and I am practicing a bit more so Idk. I will be ready anytime.

We are currently 3 off from the max I think would work.

ALSO to answer your question, I just got a capture device to record stuff, so we aren't limited to 3 minute replays, the gist of it is, I will be asking people to send me replays of their matches so I can edit and upload stuff, like an official tourney.

We are currently 3 off from the max I think would work.

ALSO to answer your question, I just got a capture device to record stuff, so we aren't limited to 3 minute replays, the gist of it is, I will be asking people to send me replays of their matches so I can edit and upload stuff, like an official tourney.

Hmm alright. Would be cool if a spectator joined in and SD'ed to watch the match, but it's cool