When do you think it's appropriate for a character to look "sexy"?

IceBrand

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I'm saving the world, it's an unspoken rule that I have to be fabulous

As for the question, I'd say that sexiness isn't really bad. Obviously you end up with stuff like Olivia, but I'd say that other FE dancers looks fine for instance.

I also have no real problem with Camilla but I do think they went a little too far with that weird strap between her breasts.

Considering one arm is 9% of your body's surface area, 10% leaves one rather naked.

it's a bikini what do you think it's going to do??

what I mean is that for a bikini that sounds like a lot, if not normal

Edited by Freohr Datia

Obviously you end up with stuff like Olivia, but I'd say that other FE dancers looks fine for instance.

What about stuff like her, though? I think something like Olivia should be fine even if you subscribe to a more rigid 'it's fine in appropriate context' perspective. I was in the gymnastics and dance community for years and what Olivia wears is perfectly par for the course dancer performance gear. And if it's a matter of personality - if she is a dancer by trade, even though she's shy, she's still reeeeally likely not bothered by the outfits. Plenty of girls I knew had shy personalities but were perfectly accustomed to wearing leotards and such.

I could be missing your point, though.

Edited by Specta

What about stuff like her, though? I think something like Olivia should be fine even if you subscribe to a more rigid 'it's fine in appropriate context' perspective. I was in the gymnastics and dance community for years and what Olivia wears is perfectly par for the course dancer performance gear. And if it's a matter of personality - if she is a dancer by trade, even though she's shy, she's still reeeeally likely not bothered by the outfits. Plenty of girls I knew had shy personalities but were perfectly accustomed to wearing leotards and such.

I could be missing your point, though.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I was indeed referring to how shy she is. The catch with me is that considering a lot if Awakening personalities, it's one big joke. I do see how it is that she's just fine with leotards. I see no problem with Laylea and Tethys and friends though. In fact, I love every dancer. They look so visually diverse.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I was indeed referring to how shy she is. The catch with me is that considering a lot if Awakening personalities, it's one big joke. I do see how it is that she's just fine with leotards. I see no problem with Laylea and Tethys and friends though. In fact, I love every dancer. They look so visually diverse.

Yeah, it can be surprising how people can be really shy in personality and yet super comfortable in small amounts of clothing when they do performance arts!

I love the dancer designs throughout the series, too. The costume designs are all just super pretty~