Pokemon Ruby HARDCORE Sololocke (Finished)

Alex95

I'm not entirely sure what to call this...

Hello, everyone! Happy 2016! To kick things off on my channel, I decided to play Pokemon Ruby Version. I did a Nuzlock of my own on Omega Ruby, but I had no way to record it then (still don't), and that went well. So I wanted to play Ruby this time around.

Rules! Gotta love 'em!

1. If a Pokemon dies, they stay dead.

2. I'm only using my first Pokemon. I'll capture other Pokemon if I need to learn moves like Cut, Surf, etc. but my first Pokemon will be the only one in battles.

3. No Potions or other healing item during battle.

In regards to the second rule, I know this challenge is called something different. It's definitely "hardcore," but I believe it's called an "Ironman run?" Could be wrong.

This is also the first time I appear on (a crappy) camera, or at least for the title card, anyway. Didn't think I looked that good, did ya'? XD

Enjoy, like, and subscribe! Or don't. That's up to you.

EDIT: @Jeheza I was going to do a run of Wario Land 4, that you suggested in my Sacred Stones topic. But then I heard you were going off on a journey and might not have much time to watch it. So I'm gonna hold off on that for now. Maybe that'll be my next run. :)

Edited by Power Master

"Sololocke," huh? Okay then.

And the rule "if my starter Pokemon dies, I lose" is kind of there. I'm only using my starter Pokemon and if that Pokemon dies, I can't use it anymore. So I lose. Rules 1 and 2 kinda go hand-in-hand on that part.

In this next episode, I train! Yaaaaay! Hooray for knocking out innocent creatures and leaving them to die just to make my own creature stronger!

I also spend some time at the end of the episode talking about my Pokemon from my previous Nuzlock I did in Omega Ruby. You can make fun of their names, I don't mind. (I make fun of them too XD)

Subscribe if you want to see more! Though, I'll just keep posting the videos here anyway.

One day, I might not post a playthrough on here... Who knows?

EDIT: Haha, apparently, the video is marked with having copyrighted content in it, in other words, the Super Mario 64 Slider song used during the training montage. Strange, though, seeing as I'm using an emulator XD. I also used this song in the DKC video, but no claims there. Hopefully, this doesn't cause problems later... I'd like to keep doing these...

But I guess I should take that as an honor. Nintendo actually bothered to make that claim in this video. I guess that means I'm special. :)

Edited by Power Master

Sorry for the long wait there. It was pretty unpredictable at my house the last...week, but I'm here again!

I've had some audio problems this episode, so you can hardly hear me. Hopefully, the idea I have for next episode will work and this will no longer become a problem... And hey! I lasted longer than my FESS Playthrough! That counts for something, right? No?

EDIT: I suppose it would help if I add the video, huh?

Edited by Power Master

I think I fixed the audio problems this time around. I recorded the video and audio separately, so it made the audio easier to adjust, but there may be some "desynchronization" in a few parts.

I came veeeery close to losing this one.

Edited by Power Master

Wow, that was pretty tight battle against the gym leader. I was sure you would be losing but it's nice to see that your sololocke continues.

EDIT: @Jeheza I was going to do a run of Wario Land 4, that you suggested in my Sacred Stones topic. But then I heard you were going off on a journey and might not have much time to watch it. So I'm gonna hold off on that for now. Maybe that'll be my next run. :)

hey man, thanks for being considerate of my busy schedules. My journey might even take a year so I still might not be able to watch your LP's frequently, but I should have chance to do so at least some day biweekly/monthly, so play Wario land 4 whenever you feel like it. I definitely watch your Hardcore LP of it whenever you plan on doing that, unless I mess up with the grenades...

Edited by Jeheza

Wow, that was pretty tight battle against the gym leader. I was sure you would be losing but it's nice to see that your sololocke continues.

hey man, thanks for being considerate of my busy schedules. My journey might even take a year so I still might not be able to watch your LP's frequently, but I should have chance to do so at least some day biweekly/monthly, so play Wario land 4 whenever you feel like it. I definitely watch your Hardcore LP of it whenever you plan on doing that, unless I mess up with the grenades...

Yeah, I thought for sure I was going to lose there. :)

And hey, no problem! Like I said it may become my next run, but I may also get a capture card soon so I can do other game systems like the Wii U too. Know what, WL4 will be the next one anyway. I kinda want to get back into that game again and see how well I do (and the last platforming game I did...sucked.)

Good luck on your journey!

Alright, here's the next episode where I... do things! Lot's of things, such as get lost in a cave and make fun of a kid's face! I am a terrible person

Subscribe if you wanna see me do more things! :)

I'm gonna have to put off the videos here for a bit. My current editing software, Lightworks, is a HUGE pain in the butt to work with and I can't find a proper free (or at least, cheap) other software to use. I started using Filmora to continue, then it told me it was a trial and that a watermark would be added over top the video, which is not what I want.

If any one has any suggestions on video editors that are good but don't cost anymore than, oh... $70, that would be helpful. :)

Until then, I'll see you around!

Most of the people I know use OBS for recording, it's free and offers good enough quality. Then for editing, if you don't do any fancy stuff and just cut things/speed up, etc. everything will do the job, even windows movie maker or something.

I've been using OBS this entire time, and it's been working great so far.

I might as well go simple and use Movie Maker. All I really need to do is cut out my coughing or silent moments and raise the audio a bit. So it should work fine, I hope? Thanks!

EDIT: Downloaded Movie Maker, and it is very confusing, at least compared to the other ones I've used. For the others, I was able to pick up exactly what I needed to do, but I'm gonna have to spend some time learning how to use Movie Maker or find some other program.

I really like how Camtasia worked for me, but again, it was just a free trial, and if I tried to download it again after deleting my credentials, I could get in trouble somewhere down the line. I guess that's just my morality getting in the way...

Edited by Power Master

'K, after fighting my editing program and re-editing the entire episode, the next one is up! But don't be surprised if there are any editing problems...

For example, seems there is a misalignment with the game's sound and video, which is strange seeing as they are both as the same file.

Edited by Power Master

Behold! The final episode of my Pokemon Ruby Sololocke/Hardcore run! It's been fun, but Trippy got the worst of it at the end.

Once again, I prove myself wrong as to how far I'm able to go. For this, I made it farther than the second gym, and for Zelda, I made it farther than the Wind Ruins. (Didn't do so well in Sacred Stones or Donkey Kong, though XP)

Perfect timing, though, as my editing program was on the fritz and I needed to stop using it before it really broke my computer. I'm going to play Wario Land 4 next, regardless of whether I get a capture card soon or not, but without an editor, it may be a while. Money solves everything right?

Until then, thanks for watching and I'll see you around!

Adventure Started: 1/6/2016
Adventure Ended: 2/1/2016
Total Play Time: 5 Hours, 7 Minutes

Edited by Power Master