Trying to make a streetpass team...

ValconExe

I'm relatively new to the series, but I decided, that I would make a full-on streetpass team (because why not).

Right now, I'm having a bit of trouble. I have 2 units (Walhart and Walhart!Morgan) which I only have 4 skills for (I have all DLC classes and skills). I also have Chrom, and I have no idea what his skills should be, or what his final class should be. But right now, I'd like to have a physical tank, a healer, and either a magic user or another healer. Could someone help me a bit with this? Below is my plan for my team so far, so try not to use any of the parents I'm currently using (FeMU, Walhart, Chrom, Sumia). I also have 3 units which are missing a final skill, and I'd kinda like some help with that, as well.

I have seen several people saying not to use Conquest and Iote's Shield, because they are a waste of a skill which could just be avoided by me having better positioning. However, I have also heard that the streetpass bots just aim for maximum damage, which can leave characters in really bad positions.

Finally, if I have some sort of really bad mistake which I don't realize, could you please say what it is? I may have tried to give someone a skill that they can't obtain. I really don't know all of this.

Like I mentioned, I am still fairly new to the game, so I don't understand everything.
Character 1: FeMU
Skills: Limit Breaker, Ignis, Tomefaire, Armsthrift, Pavise
Class: Sorceror
Asset/Flaw= Magic/Luck
Character 2:
Skills: Limit Breaker
S Rank:
Class:
Character 3: Chrom
Class:
Character 4: Sumia
Skills: Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Luna, Tomefaire, Iotes Shield
Class: Dark Flier
Character 5: Sumia!Lucina
Skills: Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aether, Tomefaire, Iotes Shield
Class: Dark Flier
Character 6: Walhart!Morgan
Skills: Limit Breaker, Conquest, Ignis, Lifetaker,
Class: Dark Knight
Character 7: Walhart
Skills: Limit Breaker, Conquest, Luna, Pavise,
Class: Conquerer
Character 8: Chrom!Cynthia
Skills: Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aether, Iotes Shield, Pavise
Class: Falcon Knight
Character 9:
Class:
Character 10:
Class:
Thanks a ton!

In order. . .

Robin: I'm not a fan of Armsthrift on Streetpass units - your opponent is dead or you are, long before your weapon runs out. I'd go with something like Anathema/Hit +20 if you want to actually hit something, or Bowbreaker to make people with Longbows miss more often.

Sumia: DO NOT PUT GALEFORCE ON STREETPASS UNITS! Chances are, your opponent will reset if they lose a character. I'd put someone like Severa over her, because she'll wind up with better mods/skill pools in the end. Actually, that's true for all the first-gen characters besides Robin.

I'll elaborate more, later. I need to leave right now.

I have seen several people saying not to use Conquest and Iote's Shield, because they are a waste of a skill which could just be avoided by me having better positioning. However, I have also heard that the streetpass bots just aim for maximum damage, which can leave characters in really bad positions.

Those people aren't talking about Streetpass. Nobody really talks about Streetpass anymore, there's not enough depth to it and long ago it was decided that the strongest teams that could be made had been made, etc.

You do need to play by a few rules if you want to do it, though. You never have to care about the state of your team after the battle (no AT/Despoil), you only have to kill one unit to win (no post-kill skills, such as GF and Lifetaker), you're never paired up (no pairup skills), and the AI doesn't know how to properly Rally or Heal, so use units that do that at your own risk.

On top of that, if you make the assumption that your opponent knows what they're doing, there are a few more things you need to keep in mind, depending on how far in their file they are: because they have pairup and you don't, you'll be looking at big Hit problems (need +Hit skills), and for the same reason you'll be looking at strong DSes that mean you shouldn't count on surviving an encounter. They can kite you, Gale/Rescuebomb you, and heal up from any encounters they survive, and there's not much you can do about that.

If you want to make a 'good' street pass team just take Lethality on every unit. People tend to reset if a unit dies so if lethality triggers you 'win' in that regards. The player always has the advantage an advantage that can easily let them kill your units before you get a chance to move, they can pair-up and you cannot additionally the AI is pretty poor compared to a competent player.

I'd just be lazy and go with Lethality, Counter, and movement skills to try to get the first attack saves you a lot of hassle though I'd hardly call it the 'best' route, but it's a comparatively easy route to take.

In regards to conquest and Iote's Shield they're not going to do you much good in-game nor are they going to do you much good in street pass. In-game you can position your units to avoid weaknesses and you have the option to pair up to completely ignore your weakness, but simply putting that character as a support unit, for streetpass they don't need to exploit your weakness to kill you in one round. Assume your defense is comparable to their attack even which when you add the weapon damage the attack is going to have some damage, well they can position their units in such a way to gain the first attack or unless you can one round them they can simply tank units with Vantage. A paired unit can get 6 attacks before you get a single turn using brave weapons. Brave Swords have 9 dmg non-forged 9x6 is 54 forged they have 14, 14x6 is 84, that's assuming your defense is equal to their strength and ignoring the weapon trigger and etc etc so there is definitely play there for the actual damage, but that's also before you calculate in their pair-up bonuses and any skills they might have so basically you're left with gimmicks to win. You can try to run evasion hoping they miss....a lot, you can stop Vantage tanking with counter to a degree since they'll take damage even if you don't get your turn assuming they have 1 range of course and on your turn it's much harder for you to kill their units in 2 attacks before they get their upto 6 attacks assuming everybody is using Brave weapons.

Edited by Dwlr

Funny, I just challenged a max-stat Lethality/Counter team, and finished them off with no deaths/resets. How? Longbows, Galeforce, and a rallybot. On the ONE unit where Counter/Lethality was actually warranted (Sniper!Noire), I hacked out a Brave Bow, made sure the support unit had a Brave Weapon, and let the problem take care of itself. The free turn off of Galeforce allowed me to reposition my units outside of their range.

So, back to what I was doing before I took off. . .

Sumia: I'd drop her for Severa. But if you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY want her to be A Thing, I'd do something like LB/Tomefaire/Luna/Pavise/(Renewal or Miracle). The first three should be obvious, Pavise should help her survivability a wee bit (makes 3/4 Brave weapons suck a little less, Celica's Gale and Waste can bite me), Miracle is for trolling while Renewal is if you think she'll actually survive with damage (hint: she probably won't).

Lucina: Is gonna look like her mom. . .sort of. Her skill set would be LB/Tomefaire/Luna/Aether/(Hit+20 or Bowbreaker). Doubling up on procs means that she's more likely to hit one of them, and Luna's going to hurt. Hit+20 is for accuracy issues, and Bowbreaker takes out cheesing with the Brave Bow.

Morgan: Oh, where to begin. LB is a must. Ignis works in this instance. Conquest, not so much, because you're a lot more likely to die from Brave spam. Lifetaker is a no-go. Depending on what you want, I'd either do something super-defensive like LB/Ignis/Counter/Tomebreaker/Bowbreaker (which forces your opponent to either attack up-front or use the awful ranged weapons) or something a little more practical like LB/Ignis/Swordfaire or Tomefaire/Aggressor/Lancebreaker (if you choose swords) or Lucky 7. "Geez clipsey, what's up with that last skill slot?" Most Streetpass battles take me under five turns, so for the time Lucky 7 is active, your Morgan's got a little more dodge and hit to his name. Anathema's a possibility, but I don't think your Morgan has the caps for it.

Walhart: Is terrible on Streetpass. I'd sooner support Gangrel. But if you insist. . .LB/All Stats+2/Swordbreaker or Resistance+10/Luna/Aggressor. Swordbreaker is if you want to use his personal boomstick, and Resistance+10 is because all of his classes have crappy Res caps.

Cynthia: She's got a LOT of leeway. I made mine into a Sniper with LB/Hit+20/Bowfaire/Luna/Aether. If you want Falcoknight, you can probably do something similar, but replace Hit+20 with Bowbreaker, and Bowfaire with Lancefaire.

The blank characters are up to you. Here's some of the highlights from "eclipse's roving shopping team":

- Severa as a Dark Flier with LB/Tomefaire (I think Cordy married Ricken)/Luna/Anathema/Bowbreaker

- Noire the Bride with Underdog (I married Tharja to Donnel, 'k?)/LB/Lancefaire/Luna/Hit+20

- Brady the War Monk with LB/Axefaire/Aggressor/Luna/Renewal or Sol, don't remember (Maribelle married Gregor)

None of the characters listed above are absolutely ideal, nor were they meant to be. The purpose of that team was to intimidate those that didn't know how to play the game, and give some semblance of a challenge to those that do.

Edited by eclipse

My streetpass team is a themed team based off Tellius (mostly Begnion). I figure if the opposing player wants a serious challenge they will try something like Apotheosis, which my team can't come close to, so why not make it a fun/interesting team? By doing this I ended up experiencing little things that I had previously overlooked. For example, my team has a lot of Tellius-based weapons, so in looking for a sword similar to Alondite I came across Alm's Blade. Not only does it look similar, but it also has a fitting description and a nice little sword icon.

For me this squeezed a little more life out of the game, plus it could be a nice little experience for other FE players who might recognise the theme.