Anything you take back after playing the game?(In terms of gameplay)

MitoRequiem

So its safe to say the Fire Emblem series is a series that can change without a patch or new versions.

Maybe its new glitches or exploits. Not really noticing the worth in a unit(I'm looking at Leaf and Marcus in particular)

So anything you change your mind on? For me i originally thought Pegasus Knights sucked and mainly Tsubaki but i realized him paired up with Hana is pretty good and he usually out preforms my Hinoka.

I also and people will laugh at me for this. Thought Kamui was hot gabage well not hot garbage just "okay" but i discovered the beauty of secondary classes and magical builds like Spellcaster > Dark Blood Kamui, Magical Cavalier, Dark Knight Kamui(This is great in Hoshido), Ninja and Samurai to namr a few.

Current opinion that is sorta negative is on IK balancing and Map design. i feel like its garbage but perhaps im not playing the maps correctly.

Edited by MitoRequiem

nothing really

I learned a log time ago not to get my hopes up for any game/movie. (thanks Aliens Colonial Marines)

I didn't have high or low expecatations for it, and I really enjoyed the game

I guess i worded this badly. I meant more so your opinions on things in the game while you played it and yours thoughts after and after multiple playthroughs. Not so much your feelings on the game as a whole but gameplay mechanics/Classes etc etc

I thought maybe I liked the new pair up mechanic but I'm not so sure now. I think it might just be me but I found it oddly difficult to predict how much damage I might be taking during the enemy phase? The paired up units can sometimes kill me just because I can't see what the other unit might do to me.

Edited by Hatsuoki

I thought Silver weapons would completely invalidate Iron weapons before playing. Haha, oh wow.

I didn't think highly of the removal of durability and nerfs to ranged weapons but I think they did a fairly good job balancing the new weapon benefits and weaknesses. I don't think durability is a bad system, however. Just different.

Weapon durability is a very touchy subject still to people cause the game isnt out yet in NA also most NA players havent played Gaiden so no durability is kinda foreign.

I was extremely excited when i saw its removal i hate durabiliy with a passion. Though i loved how it was done on FE4. Removal of durability also makes weapons feel more personal at least to me utilizing the forging system and what not.

I was upset about children but We got some cool ones out of it. Even though i dont really pay attentiom to story much in these games i sorta hate how children just got shoved in lol

Thought Kamui was hot gabage well not hot garbage just "okay" but i discovered the beauty of secondary classes and magical builds like Spellcaster > Dark Blood Kamui, Magical Cavalier, Dark Knight Kamui(This is great in Hoshido), Ninja and Samurai to namr a few.

How was Dark Knight Kamui in Hoshido? I've been strongly considering this, but haven't had the opportunity to put it into actual practice yet [don't have the game].

Did you go Nohr Prince --> Dark Mage --> Dark Knight or Nohr Prince ---> White Blood --> Dark Knight? Or some other path?

Did you use a +MAG asset? What of the flaw?

How did you handle the speed issues? Yato I assume (+2 SPD part way through, +4 SPD in the last two chapters) helps. But did you do stuff like Pegasus/Samurai/Ninja/Spellcaster pair-up, tonics, Horse God, etc.

How was Dark Knight Kamui in Hoshido? I've been strongly considering this, but haven't had the opportunity to put it into actual practice yet [don't have the game].

Did you go Nohr Prince --> Dark Mage --> Dark Knight or Nohr Prince ---> White Blood --> Dark Knight? Or some other path?

Did you use a +MAG asset? What of the flaw?

How did you handle the speed issues? Yato I assume (+2 SPD part way through, +4 SPD in the last two chapters) helps. But did you do stuff like Pegasus/Samurai/Ninja/Spellcaster pair-up, tonics, Horse God, etc.

Dark Knight in Hoshido is great. The speed issue in Hoshido actually isn't a problem at all cause I mean you have other issues to finish off stuff for you really. It's a bit difficult before you promote.

I went Nohr Prince till 10(Or 15 cause some chapters are hard to beat as a Dark Mage) > Dark Mage > Dark Knight. White Blood is useless so I didn't even bother going there for anything

I went +MAG/-LCK I paired up with Joker pretty much all the time and yes I used Horse God sometimes. I'd imagine Tonics would help but I get lazy about reading stuff so I also didn't bother with that haha.

What sort of weapon ranks did you tend to end the game with?

I'm presuming B swords thanks to using them before you class change and any use afterwards. Did you manage to reach A-tomes, or was it something lower, like B or C?

I presume Dark Mage to start your tome rank early would be a good idea. The only reasons I can think to wait until promotion is that you always keep Yato use that way and Nohr Prince has higher total stat growths than does Dark Mage.

I actually didn't use my Sword much before promotion lol. I dragonstoned my way through things cause I'd typically one shot everything and take no damage.

I don't recall my ending ranks tbh I know I maxed up Tomes though.

What sort of weapon ranks did you tend to end the game with?

I've found that someone dedicated to 1 weapon type will be around B rank by the time they hit 20/20. But Kamui gets bonus experience from his skill so C Tomes by 20/20 might be closer to the truth. You could switch over immediately, but you'd lose access to the Yato until you promote.

Edited by NekoKnight

Back when I first started didn't think much Hinata on either route. But man those base stats are really good for Birthright and insta-promoted Hinata can put in work for early game Revelations on Lunatic.

Used to think that Lazward > Pieri, but now it is the other way around. Only meaningful thing he has over Pieri is Hp(debatably skill) and they are either basically the same in some areas(Str, Spd, Def) or Pieri is just better than him(Weapon Ranks, Class, Move, Res).

For the longest time I didn't get Asama. Now I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure he just isn't good. All the other staff/support units are better than him. And his combat doesn't really standout from everyone else and he had to go through the motions of being a staff lock while everyone else has been putting in work since their joins.

Back when I first started didn't think much Hinata on either route. But man those base stats are really good for Birthright and insta-promoted Hinata can put in work for early game Revelations on Lunatic.

Used to think that Lazward > Pieri, but now it is the other way around. Only meaningful thing he has over Pieri is Hp(debatably skill) and they are either basically the same in some areas(Str, Spd, Def) or Pieri is just better than him(Weapon Ranks, Class, Move, Res).

For the longest time I didn't get Asama. Now I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure he just isn't good. All the other staff/support units are better than him. And his combat doesn't really standout from everyone else and he had to go through the motions of being a staff lock while everyone else has been putting in work since their joins.

Oh Hinata is actually worth it? Everyone kept saying he was like not good cause he had Tank stats or whatever, I figure you promote him to Blacksmith? Also I'll have to try out Hinata in Revelations I'm having issues doing chapters without grinding a tiny bit on Revelations :/

As for Lazward and Pieri I haven't used either before I thought Pieri's personal would make her pretty neat though I will try her out next playthrough.

Asama doesn't really seem worth using his daughter is cool though I like Rinkah!Mitama there might be something better.

Weapon durability is a very touchy subject still to people cause the game isnt out yet in NA also most NA players havent played Gaiden so no durability is kinda foreign.

I was extremely excited when i saw its removal i hate durabiliy with a passion. Though i loved how it was done on FE4. Removal of durability also makes weapons feel more personal at least to me utilizing the forging system and what not.

I was upset about children but We got some cool ones out of it. Even though i dont really pay attentiom to story much in these games i sorta hate how children just got shoved in lol

I haven't played it but weapon durabillity being removed I can't see as anything other than a good thing. It never really added anything to other fire emblems beyond not being able to spam some of the better weapons. Just one less thing to worry about.

For Hinata Trueblade > Blacksmith/Shura/Weapon Master. Hinata is already one of the bulkiest units in Birthright, anything more for him just gets to the point of overkill(except Res which he would like a lot more of, but none of his options help him with that). Trueblade keeps his offense up(mostly speed).

I actually think asama can be really good offensive unit if you'll reclass him how fast you can to dreadfighter. at least in Hoshido route cause in Invisible he joins a little late~

Weapon ranks shouldn't be a problem in early when enemies doesn't have much also, don't know about lunatic but i think hard should work well~

You could, or you could reclass Kaze and Saizou to dread fighter, and they earlier. They all get the same results and performance.

Edited by Shephen

You could, or you could reclass Kaze and Saizou to dread fighter, and they earlier. They all get the same results and performance.

Might be, but this is the use of Asama i see, and it's actually viable in Hoshido. :P

Sure Kaze and Saizou might be also, however if you'll be lucky this +2 str of Asama can be devastating, especially with shurikens.

Speaking of Kaze, I find Kaze to be better than Saizou in Hoshido as well. People said he was only good in Nohr but I strongly disagree. The Rinkah pairup is pretty good with him for early game