I need some help OMG ;-;

Sooo, I am stuck again with Fire Emblem Awakening...Hard mode......yeh. So, It is Chapter 5- The Exalt and The King and I was Wondering if you have any strategies to share. Thanks for the help, everyone. I wish you a good Morning, Afternoon or Evening where ever you may be ;D <33

For one thing, have you already done Donny's Paralogue and gotten the Rescue staff from it? Its how I've done it, anyway by pairing up Ricken and Maribelle and just rescuing them with Lissa, for an easy solution. Or, you could just bring Frederick up to where Ricken and Maribelle are, via pairing him with Sumia for that battle and just tank on whatever enemies that may come after them.

Course, this is all with the assumption that you're having trouble keeping them alive.

If you have trouble, try Donnel Paralogue for the reason mentionned before.

You have to be careful of Ricken's Speed, Pair him up with Sully preferably to benefit from a bit of Speed and DefDefeat the Wyvern with Miriel paired with Lon'zu/Ricken, + Ricken's Ewind if you don't have other wind tomes, Virion with Vaike/Sully/Frederick, or with Lon'zu + Vaike/Sully.

These pairs usually will kill them without getting much damaged, but Lissa/Maribelle should be somewhere around, just to be safe

Also in the first round, let Chrom or Robin take care of the units from below, and make Ricken join the main group ASAP

Try to hurt the two enemies in your way, and finish themwith Ricken so he gains experience.

For one thing, have you already done Donny's Paralogue and gotten the Rescue staff from it? Its how I've done it, anyway by pairing up Ricken and Maribelle and just rescuing them with Lissa, for an easy solution. Or, you could just bring Frederick up to where Ricken and Maribelle are, via pairing him with Sumia for that battle and just tank on whatever enemies that may come after them.

Course, this is all with the assumption that you're having trouble keeping them alive.

You should better do that with Kellam. Getting +5 instead of +4 is always better given the number of Wyverns/Barbarians and with the reinforcements.

However there is the risk of Sumia being killed instead of Rcken, or having Ricken cornered after 1or 2 turns... But if you mange it well until the main group arrives, then, there is no problem.

I have indeed done the donnel Paralouge, and got a rescue staff too, I know how to save them too

What I do is send Chrom and Sumia in the middle fortress. You get 20 or 30 avoid so you should be able to dodge a lot of attacks. Have your other units take care of the bottom west enemies. I did this is Lunatic Plus so it worked well for me. Watch out for unexpected reinforcements. This is hard so enemies spawn then move. Give Robin the wind tome, to kill wyverns. This chapter mostly has wyverns and their the bug deal. Chrom can use falchion against them. I think that's a general way kf dealing with this

Edited by Radiance

Don't deploy any squishy units you don't need, it's extremely hard in Cht.5 to keep space safe for them due to the fact that the mountains make the Wyverns impossible to approach. Use lots of effective weaponry- Ricken has an Elwind (for Robin, Ricken is bad), Chrom has Falchion. The two forts you may want to invest in taking are the ones immediately above and left from the starting area- Robin on top and Chrom to the right might work well.

Depending on how you've distributed your levels Robin shouldn't need to take Ricken's Elwind, you can either give it to Mirriel or let Ricken keep it and have either serve as support to boost Robin's magic. If Robin doesn't have enough defense to be fine on his own you can pair him with Kellam or Frederick for the added Def. Chrom should also be pretty self sufficient at this point as well, but you can pair him with Frederick or Kellam too if he's not otherwise you can take this opportunity to pair Chrom with a potential marriage candidate at this point you're only missing Olivia. Sumia can make up some speed if you're planning on pairing them anyway which can help if Chrom is a bit on the slow side, mine was at this point, but on hard mode it shouldn't really be an issue. If you are pairing Chrom with Kellam or Frederick I'd give Chrom Freddy and leave Robin with Kellam again if defense is needed for both of them. If you don't need Frederick or Kellam as pair units they should both be pretty self-sufficient if you feel you need another usable unit though 2 should be fine if you have been focusing on Robin and Chrom.

I personally put Sumia with Chrom, Ricken with Robin, and Maribelle with Frederick, I put Maribelle and Freddy in a corner so Freddy didn't suck Exp and Frederick was just there to keep Maribelle from being in danger.

Edit: You don't need the rescue staff, but if you bring Lissa to rescue Maribelle and Ricken then try to get by with pairing Lissa with Chrom.

Edited by Dwlr

Rescue staff makes things a lot less frustrating! If Lissa doesn't have the juice to do it, have her pair with Miriel.

Once you've gotten Ricken and Maribelle out of immediate danger, have Chrom with a Falchion rip the wyverns to shreds. If you didn't deploy Kellam, I hope you nabbed his Javelin, because Frederick can make good use of it here (Sumia, slightly less so because she goes squish easier). You can then choose to either turtle in your starting position, killing the super-mobile enemies as they come, or you can blitz out and try to have someone stand on the fort on the lowest level and the one directly above your starting position. As long as you keep track of enemy weapons (one of the reinforcements has a Hand Axe) and wyvern ranges, you should be able to beat this map.