Those who've beaten the Birthright/Revelation bosses… what do you do to ensure decent hit rates?

astrophys

I ask because they appear to have 69 Avoid or 70 Avoid at their highest stats.

For a default Avatar (before asset/flaw effects) using the Yato, this leads to an average hit rate of 63.5% at 20/15 or 69% at 20/20 against the Revelation final boss.

This seems a little low if you want to take out the boss quickly. Tonics can account for 5 hit, and you can take things like skill assets (but then you cannot take a different asset if you do that), or you might take a particular class, like Dark Mage/Dark Knight to get Bind (-20 enemy avoid), Holy Bowman for Raven Strike, Basara for Fascination, etc. Or maybe a STR/SPD/SKL asset (all boost skill) with a high skill class like a Hero…..

Do you use attack stance bonuses?

Or Gunther's Absolute offense in Revelation?

What is your strategy for overcoming the hit rate issues to make it a bit more reliable? Or do you not have a particular strategy for this?

Thanks.

I just debuff them with Joker/Felicia. If you're in Defense mode it'll help if you already have a full gauge and just bait the boss to hit you so you take no damage. I would imagine Attack stances help as well but I don't use it too often in this game.

The Revelation Final Boss has Status Immunity though, doesn't it. I think you're right that the Birthright boss isn't immune thought…..

Following up… what do you do to avoid being one-shot with Felicia or Joker by the boss? Build up a guard stance first?

I'm sorry I thought you meant bosses in general. Honestly for Final boss I ORKO'd him as Samurai my first playthrough >.>

I never really tried to get rid of hit rate issues. I think for the most part I just prayed, but you can go out of your way to buddy someone with Holy Bowman and get Raven Strike

Most of the bosses have around 60 Avoid though, I think.....

This is so annoying, hmm

H27L: 33 + 30 Avoid

HEL: 60 Avoid

N27L: 47 + 30 Avoid

NEL: 52 Avoid

R27L: 45 Avoid

REL: 60 Avoid

That being said, I don't really see too much of a problem with the hit rates though,,,I dunno? Hmmm....

I'm also not entirely sure how the calculations work though, this is getting on my nerves.

It seems that WTA against H27L/N27L gives +15 Hit.

85 + 15 + (Assume 25 Skill, 20 Luck, which is pretty bad but eh), + 37 + 10 - 77

= 70 I guess, which is..I'll admit it's not exactly spectacular but otherwise it's still ok-ish.

All the videos I've seen so far (admittedly not a lot, since it's only been 1 each against each boss) show at least 80+ hit rates, how I have no idea.....

That being said, said player has like I think 30+ SKL and LUK I think, so yeah...

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Takumi.

Always Takumi.

You know, he's not joking. Takumi's skill eventually gets so high that he pulls like 88% hit at least after WTD on Swordmasters and Raven Strike gives him a really silly player phase. Unfortunately, he's not playable on Conquest.

In Nohr, I just rock Ninja Kamui for high avoid bosses. Ninja is a very accurate class.

Takumi.

Always Takumi.

Yup. Yuugiri can easily grab Raven Strike for similar success.

Flamboyant and Raven Strike are especially effective. My Kamui had Flamboyant during the final boss in Birthright, and in Revelations Takumi, Nyx, Setsuna, Lutz, Kanna, Nishiki, Velour, Shara, Saizou and Mozume all had one of the two skills.

Weapon rank bonuses (from +5 to +15 hit at S rank), Special Song (+6 hit), Rally Luck, and Raven Strike were mostly what I used. The hit rates without attack stance could still have been above 90 percent for some of the characters that didn't have Raven Strike.

The avatar had skill as an asset, and Mitama and Sakura were the ones with Rally Luck.

Swords like Yato only would have +5 hit rate bonuses, and that's only as a Samurai, if you actually got S….

Special Song…. yes, that makes sense for a second attack of the round, although it does nothing for your first attack… still, +6 hit on your second attack… on Birthright, most of that to offsetting Draconic curse unless you've stacked that on before engaging in combat (like taking a move before fighting the boss, then getting sung for)….

Rally Luck…. yes, that could be an easy +4 hit….

Skill asset: that accounts for +3 Skill initially and up to 38 levels at 25% growth, or 12.5 skill, which works out to about +18.75 hit…. so yes, I suppose that if you had your SKL asset and and a high skill class and an S-rank class, like Samurai, it would be totally possible to pull that off…..

Did you take Holy Lancer, Spellcaster, or marry someone with it?

Or did you buy skills [which is basically gaming the system and a form of skill-grinding, which would go against the spirit of a no-grind run]?

In Birthright, I got an A-Support with Oboro to get Kamui Flamboyant and Breaking Sky.

In Revelations, Takumi, Mozume, Orochi, Nishiki and Shara all learned Flamboyant or Raven Strike from one of their natural class sets, while Saizou married Orochi, Nyx buddied Mozume, Lutz inherited it from Setsuna and Velour buddied Kinu. No purchase necessary, and no grinding (although all DLC and child chapters were completed). Bowman, Spellcaster and Lance Fighter are just fortunately very common class sets with very good skills.

Edited by gayserbeam

Unless you can't, go for buffs, weapon advantage, skills and the like.

But if you'd prefer to let another unit take the experience, all I can really say is make sure you've got your back covered for whatever could happen, consider if you miss, hit, enemy skills, what might reach you, whether or not you get a crit, etc.

Advice that sounds like bullcrap, but it's just something you figure out. Bosses usually aren't a cakewalk anyways.