I trained Kurthnaga & Ena

Junkhead

...seperately. I wanted to give them a try. I figured, theres stil A TON of characters I havent given myself the chance to use, even though I have this game since 2010 (which, fortunately, I have found a save from 4-3 since that time 8]). I was already on 4-E-2 and I thought it was a little late to train either them. I took a look at Kurthnagas skill capacity, and he has a ridonculous 65 skill cap...like, wut. I fit in Paragon, Wrath AND Resolve. So I just threw him into the mosh pit of enemies and he started soloing the map, eventually. It was a badass Resolve/Wrath critikill fest. Surprisingly enough, he actually made it to S-rank and I got him to lvl. 32. I even had him kill Levail (badass Resolve battle of GAR & awesome).

Then I tried Ena, in a seperate backup file. Kind of gave up up after the 7-8th turn (Kurth was routing the map by the 5th turn or so). It just sucks SO BAD for Ena that shes a Mag-dominant unit...as a physical damage unit. I mean, her durability was pretty solid, but thats about it (and the fact that she doesnt fly and has -1 than Kurth).

Long story short, I gave Kurth a chance and hes nowhere as bad as I thought. He certainly has a chance, if youre willing to give it to him. Also, free Formshift.

Kurthnaga saved me a turn in a draft once. That's been the extent of his usefulness in my playthroughs, though. I don't think I've ever drafted Ena in RD, now that I think about it.

It's not that they're unsalvagable per se, since you have all the resources in the world to throw at them at this point and they're free anyway, but the amount of effort it takes always ends up seeming exorbitant (even though I can justify training Sanaki almost every playthrough...).

Yeah, theyre free and Kurth gets Formshift, for whatevers worth. I think Kurth is a lot better than I thought he was for the sheer fact he can pack a ton of freakishly useful skills to get him up there in simply a matter of turns. Mind you, this is on a NM playthrough, but I think it may be possible to reproduce in HM, considering enemies arent all that different in Endgame. With my setup, he was gaining 30+ Exp per hit. It didnt take long until he started doubling and critikilling everything (he doubles with only 1 Spd proc in Resolve mode). 30 Def + tiles also allow him to survive (which I didnt even need).

Also, Sanaki isnt nowhere as bad either. She just needs Resolve+Daunt/Miracle and a light forge (lower weight). An Angelic Robe is optional, but it takes her out of 1HKO range from stronger enemies at base.

Edited by Soul o:

IM GETTING THERE

Dont feel like managing and stuff right now. Doesnt help I didnt bless any dragon slayers, only brought one Royal (The King of Red Lions), Skrimir, Volug, Muarim, Boyd, Mist, Elincia, Heather, Volke, Shinon and others.