[Spoilers/Theory] Robin's true father?

Fleyr

I don't understand why people think that Robin's mother was an unwilling victim in the whole matter. The Grimleal were a damn cult. I highly doubt that the people involved in the "breeding-for-a-vessel" process were outsiders, it feels like it would've been a controlled thing within a specific group of Grimleal.

All we know about Robin's mother is that Validar says she got "cold feet". So it sounds like she may have at first been just like the other Grimleal, but after giving birth to Robin she started seeing them as more than just a vessel and wanted them to have a life beyond being a vessel of Grima.

You mean Aversa I guess (Severa is Cordelia's daughter, and has nothing to do with Validar if memory serves)

Oh, sorry!

I got their names mixed up, dunno why though.

I'll go edit that out.

Thank you!

there's your problem. the entire point of avatars is design customisation and the game pays exactly zero heed to their default appearance beyond the creation screen. there's a reason 13 and 14 go to such lengths to keep their avatars' heads hidden in any scene that can't be easily generated with portraits or battle models, after all. when you're designing a character who's the father of a customisable avatar, you know going in that no matter how much you push a default build that might match the father's hair colour, there's going to be a fuckton of people who choose every other hair colour so your attempts to carefully match are boned no matter what you do, so the odds are very good that they did not give the slightest shit about validar's hair needing to match avatar colours for this reason. after all, kids have different hair colours from their parents all the time

the decision was almost certainly more practically minded rather than being intended to cast doubt on the parentage thing, and it's certainly not a basis to question information that the game explicitly feeds you about the avatar and validar. fe13 is many things, but being tricky and deceptive with these revelations really isn't one of them

Possibilities are endless with speculation.

That and we really don't know about it.

So yeah, you could be right too.

Just don't be so rude next time, okay?

I still appreciate the comment though, so thank you!

I thought Validar was Robin's grandfather....

Nope.

He DOES look very old though, so I guess I could see that.

On the other hand, as you actually bring it up...

Validar being the adoptive father, because I imagine cult members giving up their child to the leader would be seen as a "heroic" sacrifice, which could have the genetics required for the resurrection of an Evil Dragon...

would explain every instance of all the hair colors, no matter what you pick at the creation screen.

That's one of the points I was trying to get to.

Thank you for actually posting this!

And yes, it sounds unlikely, but it's just speculation.

...On other news.

*fangirl melt*

I love your stuff.

Sorry for fangirling.

On the other hand, as you actually bring it up...

Validar being the adoptive father, because I imagine cult members giving up their child to the leader would be seen as a "heroic" sacrifice, which could have the genetics required for the resurrection of an Evil Dragon...

would explain every instance of all the hair colors, no matter what you pick at the creation screen.

I always assumed it was something along those lines due to the fact Robin has absolutely nothing in common physically with Validar. He should at least have a slightly different skin tone vs. the other characters.