I made a Fire Emblem Timeline(s)

Timeline  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which makes more sense?

• I've got my own.
    • Fire Emblem doesn't have a timeline.

Timeline #1

(Path of Radiance>Radiant Dawn~Sacred Stones)>Blazing Sword>Binding Blade>Genealogy of the Holy War First Generation>Thracia 776>Genealogy of the Holy War Second Generation>Akeneia Saga>Dark Dragon and Sword of Light=Shadow Dragon=Mystery of the Emblem Book One>Gaiden>Mystery of the Emblem Book Two=New Mystery of the Emblem>(/Path of Radiance>Radiant Dawn~Sacred Stones)>Awakening>Fates

Timeline #1 is assuming the dragons of Elibe fled to Archanea through the dragons gate and the events of Magvel happening sometime after the creation of the dragonstone. Some dragons were seperated from the rest and came to what is known as Elibe. I think I remember Ninian saying something about some getting seperated.

Timeline #2

(Path of Radiance>Radiant Dawn~Sacred Stones~Blazing Sword>Binding Blade)>Genealogy of the Holy War First Generation>Thracia 776>Genealogy of the Holy War Second Generation>Akeneia Saga>Dark Dragon and Sword of Light=Shadow Dragon=Mystery of the Emblem Book One>Gaiden>Mystery of the Emblem Book Two=New Mystery of the Emblem>(/Path of Radiance>Radiant Dawn~Sacred Stones~Blazing Sword>Binding Blade)>Awakening>Fates

Timeline #2 is assuming that the presence of dragons was all over the place in different worlds and they didn't escape to Archanea specifically. Each world had different ends or events happen to the dragons. In Tellius they and others could continue to live in their dragon forms without the use of stones. While in Elibe the dragons fled and in Archanea the dragons died off.

( ) (/ )

Events could take place anywhere between the two start and end marks.

>

Signifies the next game in the timeline.

=

Same spot in the timeline.

~

Not related.

The Dragon's Gate is an Outrealm Gate by the way.

Discuss.

Genealogy of the Holy War Gen 1=>Thracia 776=> Genealogy of the Holy War Gen 2=> Shadow Dragon=>Gaiden=>Mystery of the Emblem=>Blazing Sword=>Path of Radiance=>Radiant Dawn=>Binding Blade=>Sacred Stones=>Awakening=>Fates

This revolves around a headcanon I have concerning Marc that I'm thinking about making into a hack.

Mine:

FE9>FE10>FE7>FE6>FE8>FE4 Gen1>FE5>FE4 Gen2>FE11>FE2>FE12>FE13>FE14

I have Tellius placed where it is because of Ashera. Ashera is a named goddess and after her defeat, she is no longer worshipped (case and point being the renaming of Ashera Icon to Goddess Icon). With Ashera's defeat, humanity turned to a different goddess: Naga.

But prior to, the Elibe arc begins. I believe that laguz were the ancestors of manaketes and eventually the beast and bird tribes went extinct. As a method of adaptation, the dragon tribe focused their power into stones. Humans and dragons went to war (the Scouring) and sealed the dragons away. Then the events of Elibe's games take place.

Magvel is the hardest to place since it's isolated. I have it after FE7 because I think the monsters were the remnants of the morphs as they further devolved away from humanity. It therefore needs to be before FE2 because monsters were a thing there.

The official timeline covers FE1->5 and so the only way that changes is if anything happens at the same time. FE13 and 14 are also self explanatory. It's worth noting that due to the Einherjar, FE13 must come after the first 12 games.

Didn't Owain hint at one point that Fates takes place before Awakening during his support with Ophelia?

Edit: Found it

ODIN: Ophelia... let me tell you one thing. Even if you don't have any power, you are special. The blood of great heroes flows through your veins. That of a holy emperor who slayed an evil dragon in the distant future*... and also, that of the two valiant heroes who died protecting me.

[*Orig: 遠い未来で悪い竜を倒す、聖王の血]

Edited by Sartek

Didn't Owain hint at one point that Fates takes place before Awakening during his support with Ophelia?

Edit: Found it

ODIN: Ophelia... let me tell you one thing. Even if you don't have any power, you are special. The blood of great heroes flows through your veins. That of a holy emperor who slayed an evil dragon in the distant future*... and also, that of the two valiant heroes who died protecting me.

[*Orig: 遠い未来で悪い竜を倒す、聖王の血]

He could be referring to the fact that he originally came from the future during the events of Awakening

You should try to graphically interface that because it's hard to visualize as a text chain. Maybe you can account for the destroyed future there too because there's a loop/partial loop there.

He could be referring to the fact that he originally came from the future during the events of Awakening

I doubt it since in his future Chrom failed to slay Grima.

Genealogy of the Holy War Gen 1=>Thracia 776=> Genealogy of the Holy War Gen 2=> Shadow Dragon=>Gaiden=>Mystery of the Emblem=>Blazing Sword=>Path of Radiance=>Radiant Dawn=>Binding Blade=>Sacred Stones=>Awakening=>Fates

This revolves around a headcanon I have concerning Marc that I'm thinking about making into a hack.

How does your headcanon make the Tellius games take place between FE6 and FE7? Is your headcanon that Mark is Morgan?

Marc as in the Tactician from FE7. He leaves Elibe. Ike leaves Tellius. My hack will put them in Jugdral with the following people: The Exalt, Duessel, Fado, Hayden, Lyn, and custom characters in more modern Jugdral. This takes place during Binding Blade. Fado, Hayden, and Duessel are around 50 or so in age in Sacred Stones, so they would be about 20 in this, with Vigarde recently married to the princess of Grado.

Here's what I have in my head:

FE9 -> FE10 ---> Ending Winter ---> FE4 -> FE5 ---> FE1 -> FE2 -> FE3 ---> Awakening
                                 \----------------> FE7 -> FE6
                                  \------------------> FE8
                                   \-> Fates

The parallel timelines aren't really meant to match up, but I have a feeling Fates takes place between the Ending Winter and FE7, while FE8 takes place around the time of FE6/7, but well before Awakening.

Also, I'm of the belief that Ike is the distant ancestor of Marth. Heck, maybe he's the ancestor of all the blue-haired Lords XD

I always thought FE8 would take place after Archanea, later on, considering I think there was some reference to something that might be the Falchion in some support conversation. It'd at least need to take place after Anri. I could be just remembering this wrong and making this up.

Awakening/Fates have to be last, considering every other game is referenced as a point of history and legend. That's my opinion.

I always thought FE8 would take place after Archanea, later on, considering I think there was some reference to something that might be the Falchion in some support conversation. It'd at least need to take place after Anri. I could be just remembering this wrong and making this up.

Awakening/Fates have to be last, considering every other game is referenced as a point of history and legend. That's my opinion.

Eirika's supports with Saleh describe a sword forged from a dragon tooth, given by dragons to the heroine Nada Kuya. It sure sounds like Marth's dragon-forged Falchion but the connection isn't explicit.

Not all timelines were ever meant to take place in the same universe. Trying to fit them in requires ignoring so many aspects of each respective timeline htat it becomes a little ridiculous. Tellius, for example, has it's own creation myth and extensive history that is completely incompatible with every other game that came before or after and trying to fit it at the beginning of the timeline as most people try to do is meaningless since no satisfactory explanation can ever be given to what happened to the Laguz, or more importantly, Ashunera, who returns as a physical being some 1200 years after the events of RD (or was it 1200 years after she separated? I forget which). Not even Awakening tries to fit them into a single timeline and created the Outrealms, at least partly, to serve as an easy explanation for the references without having to go into the specifics. And ultimately, that's what they are, references. Not necessarily serious hints towards anything.

But characters in Awakening reference characters from the past as legendary heroes before knowledge of the Outrealms is known, which makes me think that all Fire Emblem games have a place in the history. Not to mention, FE9 and 10 are the only games with a creation myth, and the divine dragons have been confirmed that they aren't creator gods, so with that out of the way, we could assume the knowledge of beings like Ashunera was lost over time if we consider 9 and 10 as first. The laguz obviously became Taguel, evolved into something else, everyone interbred and became branded or they just aren't on the same continent. There's plenty to speculate about and wonder, that's where the joy of theorizing comes in, don't be a buzzkill.

The Outrealms is an entirely new concept inserted into Archanea. The island it is on didn't even exist in older maps from older games.

Also, you'd do well to not tell others what they should out shouldn't post.

The Outrealms is an entirely new concept inserted into Archanea. The island it is on didn't even exist in older maps from older games.

So what does that mean? It doesn't change the fact that when outrealm characters are met, characters refer to them as legendary heroes.

Well, I don't deny the Outrealms throws a spanner in the idea of a timeline for one Fire Emblem universe.

But you could probably fit together some kind of timeline for the Fire Emblem multiverse. Zelda managed just fine : P

The incompatibility between Tellius and the other games isn't really that big if you think about it. Laguz probably evolved or adapted to become Manaketes and Taguel.

[spoiler=Radiant Dawn ending]As for Ashunera, she's immortal, but not invincible (after all, Yune was close to being destroyed, if Lehran hadn't stepped in to seal her). Perhaps she perished after the great war 1200 years after Radiant Dawn. Or maybe she only exists in the world where Tellius is.

Like how Naga has no power in Awakening's world before the Ritual of Awakening, but she has remnants of power in the Future Past Outrealm.

Yune was going to be destroyed by Ashera. I assume that they can do that to each other. Though they later claim they can't die at all and that Yune and Ashera can't destroy each other.

The Laguz and Manakete are incompatibile with each other. Dragons are just that. Dragons. They only gained the ability to turn into humans by sealing their powers. They didn't have this ability before. The dragon form is their true form. Dragon Laguz on the other hand are both humanoid and draconic. Neither is their true form. Dragon Laguz evolving into dragons that later became manaketes is like the opposite of evolution. Meanwhile, Yune implies that the branded are the true future of Tellius.

The manakete stones must have been manufactured then, by magic, not biologically, because the evolved dragons likely recognized a need to turn human again, perhaps because they were turning into mindless beasts. In fact, the same thing could have happened to the beast laguz now that I think of it.

It doesn't need to follow the rules of evolution strictly because it's fantasy.

The manakete stones must have been manufactured then, by magic, not biologically, because the evolved dragons likely recognized a need to turn human again, perhaps because they were turning into mindless beasts. In fact, the same thing could have happened to the beast laguz now that I think of it.

It doesn't need to follow the rules of evolution strictly because it's fantasy.

I'll have to address this slowly since there's so much misunderstanding going on in this post...

The manakete stones were contructed by dragons sealing their powers in stones to conserve their powers as they were starting to go feral. Before the creation of dragonstones, the former manaketes couldn't turn into humans at all, and viewed the humanoid form as inferior. This is greatly different from Dragon laguz who always had the ability to turn into humans and like all other laguz, their humanoid form was there preferred form. They only transformed when they needed to. Archanea dragons couldn't transform at all until they sealed their powers in stones. So explain to me why the dragon laguz would lose their ability to turn into humanoids (which, if you're paying attention, is their primary form, unlike manaketes), then only be able to exist in dragon form and then suddenly have to seal their powers to transform into humanoids again.

No, "It's just fanatasy" is never a valid argument because it still has to make sense in the context of the story (which this certainly does not) and is otherwise, just poor storytelling.

You're clearly not familiar with Archanea lore. Tying the Dragon laguz to Manaketes breaks almost every piece of Manakete lore that we're given and no one so far has been able to explain any of it other than to ignore everything that doesn't fit their theory.

I'll have to address this slowly since there's so much misunderstanding going on in this post...

The manakete stones were contructed by dragons sealing their powers in stones to conserve their powers as they were starting to go feral. Before the creation of dragonstones, the former manaketes couldn't turn into humans at all, and viewed the humanoid form as inferior. This is greatly different from Dragon laguz who always had the ability to turn into humans and like all other laguz, their humanoid form was there preferred form. They only transformed when they needed to. Archanea dragons couldn't transform at all until they sealed their powers in stones. So explain to me why the dragon laguz would lose their ability to turn into humanoids (which, if you're paying attention, is their primary form, unlike manaketes), then only be able to exist in dragon form and then suddenly have to seal their powers to transform into humanoids again.

No, "It's just fanatasy" is never a valid argument because it still has to make sense in the context of the story (which this certainly does not) and is otherwise, just poor storytelling.

You're clearly not familiar with Archanea lore. Tying the Dragon laguz to Manaketes breaks almost every piece of Manakete lore that we're given and no one so far has been able to explain any of it other than to ignore everything that doesn't fit their theory.

Wasn't dragon form always the preferred form though? And laguz only became human because they couldn't maintain the beast form for that very long. It's entirely possible as well that the laguz did it to themselves, found a way to turn into dragons fully, then, realizing they were turning feral, worked desperately to stop it. As for there being no knowledge of dragons turning into humans prior to the manakete stones, there's obviously a great deal of knowledge that is lost between games, when you're building a long timeline where not all parts are known when you start writing it (a la the Zelda series) then you're bound to have retcons or things you'll need to mask up. The bird people in Zelda (can't remember their names) don't even know that they come from Zoras. And I wasn't using the "it's fantasy" line as an excuse, I was saying because it's fantasy then there's a lot more that's possible with the magic in the universe.

If there's anything else that I'm missing that may contradict my theory, then please point it out to me and I can probably find an explanation.

Wasn't dragon form always the preferred form though? And laguz only became human because they couldn't maintain the beast form for that very long. It's entirely possible as well that the laguz did it to themselves, found a way to turn into dragons fully, then, realizing they were turning feral, worked desperately to stop it. As for there being no knowledge of dragons turning into humans prior to the manakete stones, there's obviously a great deal of knowledge that is lost between games, when you're building a long timeline where not all parts are known when you start writing it (a la the Zelda series) then you're bound to have retcons or things you'll need to mask up. The bird people in Zelda (can't remember their names) don't even know that they come from Zoras. And I wasn't using the "it's fantasy" line as an excuse, I was saying because it's fantasy then there's a lot more that's possible with the magic in the universe.

If there's anything else that I'm missing that may contradict my theory, then please point it out to me and I can probably find an explanation.

The laguz evolved from the Zunanma, who were humanoid. Thus their main form would also be humanoid. Also, dragons live for a long time. Comparing Tiki's aging to Gotoh's apparent age, the latter could be hundreds of centuries old. And he has deep knowledge about the entire history of the dragon tribes yet he is very clear about why they became manaketes. This is all known fact. But your explanations are going further and further into assumptions and suppositions based on pretty much nothing. When theories require this much assumptions and what-ifs, maybe the theory has far too many holes to be plausible. It's not that you're missing stuff that contradicts your theory, you're actively ignoring so much about the lore.

The laguz evolved from the Zunanma, who were humanoid. Thus their main form would also be humanoid.

If anything, this supports the progression from something human to beastial over a long period of time. It's kind of like how the Ents in LOTR became more like trees over the ages. I don't know why you're helping me here.

Also, dragons live for a long time. Comparing Tiki's aging to Gotoh's apparent age, the latter could be hundreds of centuries old. And he has deep knowledge about the entire history of the dragon tribes yet he is very clear about why they became manaketes.

A thousand years means nothing in a history that's likely tens of thousands. You're making assumptions yourself, assuming Gotoh is some sort of dragon know-it-all, when he was merely just another member of the divine dragon tribe. It's not like Athos in FE7 knew everything about dragons either. Even if he is as ancient as you say, perhaps he just forgot? If you were a thousand years old you'd likely begin to forget things as well.

It's not that you're missing stuff that contradicts your theory, you're actively ignoring so much about the lore.

I'm only ignoring parts of the lore that I thought already have simple explanations. If Gotoh is ancient, then the lore is more ancient than he, simple as that.

It's not an explicit contradiction, but in Priam's Paralogue in Awakening, Robin name-drops Ashera. If Tellius is so far back in history that Gotoh doesn't know his ancestors were human, it's odd that humans, who have much shorter lifespans, can remember a minor detail like that. The simplest explanation is that Tellius is another universe/dimension with no relation to Archanea (it's arguably canon anyway, with the DLC)

Didn't know that. I don't think it invalidates my theory, though it does stick a thorn in it. Not all knowledge would be lost of course, some would survive in legend. Perhaps beliefs in Ashera survived longer than dragon laguz did (or at least legends did), or maybe Tellius' religion is seen as something pagan to the beliefs in Naga, but then I think I am making too many assumptions. I don't think there's enough evidence either way to disprove or prove a single timeline, though if IS wanted to, they could probably work it in.