I made a Fire Emblem Timeline(s)

Timeline  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which makes more sense?

• I've got my own.
    • Fire Emblem doesn't have a timeline.

If anything, this supports the progression from something human to beastial over a long period of time. It's kind of like how the Ents in LOTR became more like trees over the ages. I don't know why you're helping me here.

Do you... do you even know what the zunanma looked liked? They were more bestial in than the Laguz. Laguz merely gained the ability to transform. Why would they LOSE this ability only to GAIN it again? When a theory entails bad story telling and poor internal consistency (as well as breaking suspension of disbelief) it is a very poor theory.

Please take the time to actually know that the hell you're talking about. It's clear you know nothing about Archanea or Tellius.

It's not an explicit contradiction, but in Priam's Paralogue in Awakening, Robin name-drops Ashera. If Tellius is so far back in history that Gotoh doesn't know his ancestors were human, it's odd that humans, who have much shorter lifespans, can remember a minor detail like that. The simplest explanation is that Tellius is another universe/dimension with no relation to Archanea (it's arguably canon anyway, with the DLC)

If memory serves, he never say Ashera but "a goddess" in japanese.

But the Zunanma didn't have a separate beast form, it's still a progression line, even if only one form is becoming more bestial because they eventually drop the human form altogether.

As to why they'd lose the ability to transform, it's clear that in all cases, the beast form is the stronger form. Prideful laguz probably jumped at the opportunity to become less human if it came around. Not knowing it would turn them into mindless beasts, stones are created, and thus Manaketes and Taguel are born.

But the Zunanma didn't have a separate beast form, it's still a progression line, even if only one form is becoming more bestial because they eventually drop the human form altogether.

As to why they'd lose the ability to transform, it's clear that in all cases, the beast form is the stronger form. Prideful laguz probably jumped at the opportunity to become less human if it came around. Not knowing it would turn them into mindless beasts, stones are created, and thus Manaketes and Taguel are born.

They don't drop their human form. That's the whole point. They became more human than ever before. The Zunanma evolved from animals.

They're not prideful of their beast form. That's simply not part of their culture. Also, why would they go mindless? The only instance of that ever happening is the drug Izuka created. You're making completely baselss assumptions on the motives of event that itself is an huge assumption that exists purely to suit a theory. The theory should come from evidence, not the other way around like you're doing.

And don't even mention the Taguel. They're an even bigger mess withing Awakening. They didn't exist at all in Archanea. They're a retcon, nothing more.

If it's evidence you want, then I have more:

-Heron Runes in the divine weapon spell animations in Awakening

-Also in Awakening, the Taguel are mentioned to have lost their culture and history, and apparently some could turn to birds or cats, if that doesn't imply some sort of connection, I don't know what would

We also know:

-That Naga/Nagi is not the creator god of Archanea, Tellius is the only game that references such a being, and we do not know any knowledge of the history pre-Naga

-Characters in Awakening reference Outrealm characters as heroes of legend and myth, implying a history since I doubt Archanea has legends on people from alternate dimensions

Yet you don't seem to consider Awakening canon at all, so I don't see why we're having this argument.

What we know:

- FE1, 2, and 3 happen in that order (which means FE11 happens before FE12, not counting that awful shoe-in avatar thingy). FE13 happens well after 1/2/3.

- FE4 first gen happens, then FE5, then FE4 second gen. Or something like that, Jugdral is my personal weakness.

- FE7 happens before FE6.

- FE8 is an entity unto itself.

- FE9 happens before FE10. If we consider Priam to be canon, it's also before FE13.

- FE13 references every other past FE in passing.

- FE14 is an unknown, which I will find out about when the game is released in America.

FE7 references a Dragon's Gate. . .IIRC it was something like Archanea at the other end. So, like FE8, I'll count Elibe as its own entity.

I know dragons existed in Archanea/Tellius/Ylisse/Elibe/Magvel, but I'm not sure how they fit into Jugdral. With that. . .

Main line:

Tellius -> Ike or Mist hop continents -> Archanea/Valm -> Ylisse

Through the other end of the Dragon's Gate:

Elibe (my guess is sometime before the events of FE1)

Maybe somewhere in Elibe's timeline (across the ocean or something):

Magvel (really don't know what to do about this game, since it's the second-weakest in my repertoire)

Currently unknown:

Fates (and will remain unknown for another month)
Jugdral (that's due to laziness on my end)

FE4/5 happened before FE1/2/3

The Miracle of Darna, where Narga and other dragons blessed the Crusaders happened about 150 years before FE4 begins, while in FE3 Narga died thousand years ago.

And you guys should not forget that FE2 has their own gods, and dragons are not god.

Might as well post my own headcanon.

FE 9--->FE 10--->FE 8--->FE 4 Gen 1--->FE 5--->FE 4 Gen 2--->FE 14/FE 7/FE 1--->FE2--->FE 3--->FE 6--->FE 13

Explanations:

I am under the belief that Ashunera is the creator of the world and then due to time, she faded away and Naga became the main deity that most believed.

While it may not make the most sense, I do believe that Laguz evolved into Manakete and Tagueal respectively.

As for FE 8's placement, I do believe that since we only see one kind of Manakete, that this was an early stage in evolution before they split into their respective types, like Fire Dragons, Ice Dragons, Earth Dragon etc...

[spoiler=Fates Spoilers]The reason I put FE 14 with 7 and 1 is because the Dragon's Gate is present in Fates, and IMO, the Outrealm gate is just another Dragon' Gates esc thing.

As for Feats being before Awakening, I assumed this due to Odin/Owain's supports with Ophelia as he references the possibility that he, along with Severa and Inigo went back in time to Fates rather then going to an alt dimension, though it is entirely possible.

Also the Fox Spirits and Garous are early Tagueal, kind of.

I may be completely wrong, but eh.

Might as well post my own headcanon.

FE 9--->FE 10--->FE 8--->FE 4 Gen 1--->FE 5--->FE 4 Gen 2--->FE 14/FE 7/FE 1--->FE2--->FE 3--->FE 6--->FE 13

Explanations:

I am under the belief that Ashunera is the creator of the world and then due to time, she faded away and Naga became the main deity that most believed.

While it may not make the most sense, I do believe that Laguz evolved into Manakete and Tagueal respectively.

As for FE 8's placement, I do believe that since we only see one kind of Manakete, that this was an early stage in evolution before they split into their respective types, like Fire Dragons, Ice Dragons, Earth Dragon etc...

[spoiler=Fates Spoilers]The reason I put FE 14 with 7 and 1 is because the Dragon's Gate is present in Fates, and IMO, the Outrealm gate is just another Dragon' Gates esc thing.

As for Feats being before Awakening, I assumed this due to Odin/Owain's supports with Ophelia as he references the possibility that he, along with Severa and Inigo went back in time to Fates rather then going to an alt dimension, though it is entirely possible.

Also the Fox Spirits and Garous are early Tagueal, kind of.

I may be completely wrong, but eh.

Then technically fates takes place after and before Awakening.

Well, considering the amount of retcons (like Valentia moving from the east of Archanea to the west in Awakening, among many others), yeah it pretty much isn't.

Maybe the world of Valentia and Archanea isn't that big and you can easily get the Valm from Archanea ny going either west or east?

If you're in America you can get to Europe by either going east or west, maybe one path takes longer, but it's still an option.

Even then we still don't know where Jugdral is located so I don't know what I'm saying. Jugdral's location still hinders what I'm saying.

I'm not really picking sides here, I'm taking all thoughts into consideration because it doesn't really matter, FE's timeline/chronology/continuity is almost as big as a mess as Zelda's timeline, if not even more. Even Pokemon's timeline makes more sense than this.

Also the ingame map isn't supposed to be that accurate

Edited by Rabbattack

Then technically fates takes place after and before Awakening.Maybe the world of Valentia and Archanea isn't that big and you can easily get the Valm from Archanea ny going either west or east?

If you're in America you can get to Europe by either going east or west, maybe one path takes longer, but it's still an option.

Even then we still don't know where Jugdral is located so I don't know what I'm saying. Jugdral's location still hinders what I'm saying.

I'm not really picking sides here, I'm taking all thoughts into consideration because it doesn't really matter, FE's timeline/chronology/continuity is almost as big as a mess as Zelda's timeline, if not even more. Even Pokemon's timeline makes more sense than this.

Also the ingame map isn't supposed to be that accurate

Well, their world is quite big, actually. Going the other way around is just silly. Archanea look about the size of Australia.