Pairings that make the more sense

Enaluxeme

FredxLissa is actually a very well-written support, mainly because the change from A to S doesn't feel so abrupt.

Not my favorite for either character, but one of the better ones.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh! I love discussions like these! I think if we were to determine the pairings that make the most sense, these would be the ones have the most evidence going towards them when it comes to character interactions between characters, classes, etc...

Gen 1

Chrom x Sumia

MMU x Lucina

FMU x Chrom

Vaike x Miriel

Lissa x Lon'qu

Sully x Kellam

Virion x Cherche

Nowi x Ricken

Cordelia x Gaius

Olivia x Henry

Maribelle x Libra

Stahl x Tharja

Panne x Gregor

As implied as Inigo is made out to be Chrom's son, I think this was changed in development because we couldn't have a male pegasus knight at the time. Sooo instead we get Cynthia who was made to be a gen 2 pegasus knight though her role was mostly comedic and character not as fleshed out. This would explain his more carefree attitude, hair color, blue attire, and flower motif if he inherited this from Sumia. This would also put the Lucina x Inigo support in a new light, because him being crown prince, would explain Lucina's uncharacteristic irritation towards him for not taking things seriously if this support was their original sibling convo?

Gen 2

Inigo x Severa

Yarne x Noire

Kjelle x Brady

Gerome x Nah

Lauren x F!Morgan

Owain x Cynthia(doesn't have to S rank I guess)

M!Morgan x Lucina (lol, very similar to MMU x Lucina, I'd assume this would be good if FMU chooses not to marry Chrom)

Cordeila x Gregor: First off this support is just amazing and secondly did you ever wonder why Severa's starting class is a mercenary? In Future Past Severa says that she became a mercenary because of her father.

FP is different from the maingame supports; all the father convos are unique. That line is only there for Gregor.

The Morgan in your pic is the son of Chrom, of course he has the same hair ._.

I would argue that Priam's hair colour is nearly the same as Morgan's official artwork and is indeed worthy for my FeMU:

Male Morgan:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/7/76/Male_Marc_FE13_Artwork.png/revision/latest?cb=20121214124157

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/3/3f/FE0_Morgan.png/revision/latest?cb=20150628032844

Priam:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/9/9f/Priam_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20130615221907

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/0/0a/Priam.png/revision/latest?cb=20151114043127

And being a fucking bias that I am, I believe FeMU x Priam makes more sense and nothing is going to stop me from getting Priam!Morgan!

Anyways here are my current list atm, too lazy to make some explanations :x:

FeMU x Priam

Chrom x Olivia/Sumia

Lissa x Lon'qu

Cordelia x Gregor

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Stahl

Miriel x Ricken

Maribelle x Virion

Lucina x Priam!Morgan

Edited by Formerly Colm

This may not be the first topic of its kind, but please bear with me.

I recently found this topic, which has a similar goal to what I had in mind for a bit: trying to figure out what father makes more sense for every child character. I wouldn't say "canon", for every pairing could be considered canon, but basically... Yeah. So instead of necroing that topic I opened this.

Hey! I was surprised to see someone mention the topic I made. I was originally planning to update the topic periodically but I have been struggling with my IBS and have been trying to cope with a new diet and managing missed school time.

Anyways, there aren't a lot of people who are willing to dive into supports and try to piece things together, so discussing this with people of a similar mindset is great.

I would skip Chrom as he is obviously paired with Sumia. Someone, TheBakonBitz included, may complain saying that Chrom should marry Olivia, but let's just skip it for now and leave it last if there are problems pairing Sumia and Olivia.

I have no personal connection to any of these pairings. Feel free to disagree and provide evidence for pairings that make the most sense to you. You may have found evidence everyone else missed!

Now Chrom x Sumia, or any of their pairings really, are in an different boat. Because of the heavy push by Intelligent Systems, Chrom x Sumia seems like the obvious choice. It's hard to argue against the developer's heavy pushing, but by digging a little deeper you could find their true intentions.

Here comes crazy theory time. I believe Cordelia was suppose to be Lucina's "canon" mother, and I mean that literally. I believe that instead of the choice we have now, when Chrom marries in the story, Cordelia was the scripted bride. Why they changed it, I couldn't say, but I think once they decided they didn't want Chrom to marry Cordelia, or wanted to give the players a choice, they pushed Sumia to cover it up. Look at this picture, it's official concept art:

HBTJtJA.jpg

The lady in the top right isn't Lucina, that was Cordelia! They changed her hair from blue to red and I think they made her have a crush on Chrom to reference their original choice.

I want to add my personal favourite: Sully x Kellam = Kjelle. There are an awful lot of things Kjelle inherits from Kellam: class, physical prowess (hinted in many different supports), ability to disappear and possibly the big armor she uses for training.

Also Sully is one of the few who aren't startled by Kellam appearing and disappearing, and being a pretty overwelming woman she would make the more sense out of their paired ending.

I'm also thinking about Virion!Yarne, but that probably needs some discussion. And I have a theory for Morgan's mother that I'll probably share later.

Sully x Kellam was actually the next pairing I was going to write about. I also agree with Panne x Virion. When I have more time I'll be sure to explain them along with evidence but I just wanted people to know I'm still here, and to leave a crazy theory for people to think about.

They changed her hair from blue to red and I think they made her have a crush on Chrom to reference their original choice.

Cordelia's current role is extremely similar to FE3 Catria. They might have just changed her hair to make Cord slightly less of an expy.

Now Chrom x Sumia, or any of their pairings really, are in an different boat. Because of the heavy push by Intelligent Systems, Chrom x Sumia seems like the obvious choice. It's hard to argue against the developer's heavy pushing, but by digging a little deeper you could find their true intentions.

Here comes crazy theory time. I believe Cordelia was suppose to be Lucina's "canon" mother, and I mean that literally. I believe that instead of the choice we have now, when Chrom marries in the story, Cordelia was the scripted bride. Why they changed it, I couldn't say, but I think once they decided they didn't want Chrom to marry Cordelia, or wanted to give the players a choice, they pushed Sumia to cover it up.

I like your theory! In the beta trailer for Awakening, Sumia was a cavalier wasn't she? When I see that art of Cordelia, I'm reminded more of Sheeda than Catria... Maybe the developers wanted a character more like Lana(FE4) to reference the Sigurd/Seliph line rather than Marth line since he's more like Sigurd?

@Cquel: someone has to check the same conversations in different pairings. If they change than they aren't good proof; if Severa can say that she wanted to be a mercenary like her father Ricken and Vaike was too strict with Brady then you are right.

Of course Severa is not going to say that for every father because not every father can not become a mercenary. However even though she only says it once that doesn't mean that its not true. After all why did Severa become a Mercenary in the first place? We know that she did not want to become a Pegasus Knight because she felt that she could not live up to her mothers legacy but then why would she choose Mercenary over Dark Mage, her other natural classing option. Dark Mage shares a weapon type with the Pegasus Knight's Dark Flier class so you would think that she would have more of an affinity towards that class than the Mercenary who uses swords. The only reason that makes sense is that she chose the class because she wanted to use swords like her father. Out of all the possible fathers only 3 use swords as their main weapon, Gauis, Lon'qu, and Gregor and only Gregor can become a mercenary. Even if you add in Federick and Stahl who use swords as part of their class, Gregor is still the only one that can become a Mercenary. So now we can see why Severa would say that only to Gregor and why it might be true. I could also go into Cordelia and Gregor support to help prove this couple but i will stop it here for now.

I would understand it though if you decided to not use the Future Past as evidence for this thread. I just thought i would bring it up so that people would begin talking and creating theory's like the one i stated above.

On a side note I am surprised that no one mentioned anything about my Vaike x Cherche pair. I thought i was really on to something there but maybe not.

Edited by Cquel

I don't even know what it means for Severa to "become a Mercenary." I mean as far as I know she wasn't doing things for hire in the future. Severa being a Mercenary is just a gameplay thing, and story-wise, all it means is that she likes to use a sword?

but then why would she choose Mercenary over Dark Mage

Because she has terrible Mag growth?

I'm not saying Gregor and Sev sharing a starting class isn't a reason, just that it isn't any more of a reason than for any other pair where the father and child share a class. I mean, if Gregor wasn't her father, she'd still have some other reason for being a Merc, and when she is, what do you expect her to say? "Sorry Dad, my being a Merc has absolutely nothing to do with you"?

Never mind the fact that, being Severa, she probably would say that...

...And for what it's worth, Inigo says exactly the same thing to Gregor about being a Merc because of him.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

For me there are two pairings that "make sense":

Chrom x F!Robin

M!Robin x Lucina

I know that Chrom x F!Robin's supports are attrocious for lack of better words, but when you look at it from the actual story some of the things that Lucina says to M!Morgan (when he is not her brother) and how she talks to F!Robin if said woman is not her mother kind of suggests or at least hints at Lucina at least wanting Robin as her mother.

With M!Robin I believe that their bond works (if anything he seems quite attached to Lucina :D:)

And here is what I found from Lucina's A Support with M!Morgan when he isn't her brother:

Lucina: I see... My own father, too, is fighting with all he has to win a better future. The ties between them are powerful indeed. Heh, so powerful I'm surprised they never "tied" the knot.

Morgan: Ha ha! There, you made a joke! ... A bit weak, but hey, it's a start. So, feeling a bit better now?
Lucina: I am, actually. Thank you, Morgan.

Then we go onto the sibling support C for Lucina and Morgan where Morgan reveals that he doesn't like roaches:

Morgan: This place is a mess! I really should straighten up more...often... Is that a...AAAAAAAAAUGH!

Lucina: Gods, I've never seen Morgan run so fast! Are we under attack?! Morgan! What happened back there? ...Are you all right?!
Morgan: L-Lucinaaa!
Lucina: Breathe, Morgan. Calm down and tell me what happened. You have nothing to fear now that I'm here.
Morgan: R-r-roach! A roach!
Lucina: ...A roach? ...As in...a bug?
Morgan: Not a bug! I love bugs! ...A roach! A huge, freakish nightmare one, with gross, hairy legs... It's HORRIBLE!
Lucina: You're telling me all of your screaming and flailing was over a COCKROACH? *sigh* I thought the Risen had come. You could have sent the camp into a panic.
Morgan: AAAAAH! It's back! And it can fly?! S-stay away! Don't come near meee!
Lucina: Come now, I don't see what all the fuss i—EEEEEEK!
Morgan: See? SEE?! It's the stuff of nightmares! Now hurry up and kill it! Kill it with fire magic or something!
Lucina: Oh no—I'm not going near that thing! It's HUGE!
Morgan: WHAT?! What happened to having nothing to fear now that you're here? How are you gonna win this war if you can't even smoosh one stupid roach?
Lucina: Those two things are not related in the slightest. And YOU want to be a tactician, right? So figure out how to kill it!
Morgan: What's to figure out?! Who plans out strategies for killing insects?! Look, you're the older one! You do it! Father told you to protect your little brother, didn't he?
Lucina: Er, well, I suppose he did... *sigh* All right, I'll...do something about it.
Morgan: Fantastic! Thanks, Lucina! Three cheers for the once and future exalt!
Lucina: ...You're a royal, too, you know? It wouldn't kill you to show a bit more spine.
Morgan: Hey, now's your chance! It just crawled into a corner behind that shelf!
Lucina: It's too dark. I can't see it...
Morgan: You should light up Falchion. Then once you spot it, ker-STAB!
Lucina: Falchion isn't some common pitchfork, Morgan! It's a blade of legend!
Morgan: Ah ha ha, all right, all right. I'm sorry I... AHHHHH! It's flying again! It's flying!
Lucina: As formidable a foe as it may be, I won't allow it to set a singly hairy leg on you!
Morgan: Go, Lucina, go! GET HIM!
Chrom: What in the name of...? What are you two doing in here?!
Lucina: F-Father?
Morgan: Father!
Chrom: Honestly, you two. All that commotion over a silly insect? What were you thinking?!
Morgan: Sorry...
Lucina: I'm sorry, Father...
Chrom: Just see that it never happens again.
(Chrom leaves)
Morgan: Figures he would be the one to get it. He's unshakable.
Lucina: It's true. Although he was a lot less calm when it came to scolding us...
Morgan: Aw, are you still down about that? I actually rather enjoyed it. I can't remember the two of us ever getting in trouble like that before. It felt...strangely familiar somehow. Kind of a happy, nostalgic feeling.
Lucina: Heh. I confess, it did have its moments...

And in M!Morgan's supports with Noire it mentions that he likes bugs except for roaches and creepy crawlies in his C Support with Noire:

Noire: Aah! Aiiieee! N-no, stop! STOP! STAY AWAY!

Morgan: What?! ...That's Noire! Noire, hold on!
Noire: Morgan, hurry! Heeelp!
Morgan: What's wrong?! Are we under attack?! Are you all right?! And, uh... Why are you squirming around like that?
Noire: Buh... B-b-b-buh...
Morgan: ...Buh?
Noire: BUG! BACK! BUG ON MY BACK!
Morgan: Hmm? Oh, will you look at that! It's a little red guy with black spots.
Noire: J-just get it off me!
Morgan: Aaand...got it! Aww, up close it's so adorable!
Noire: Augh, stop! Go! Get it out of here! It's crawling all over your hand!
Morgan: All right, all right, it's outside now. Geez, Noire. I didn't think anyone could be scared of a little ol' ladybug.
Noire: It doesn't scare you? It was ON you!
Morgan: Oh, I don't mind. I love bugs!
Noire: ...All bugs?
Morgan: Hmm, I suppose there are probably some exceptions. Roaches and other creepy-crawlies that scuttle about in the dark are a bit gross. ...And giant fire-breathing scorpions aren't fun to be around.
Noire: Even the tiniest of bugs terrify me... Pathetic, isn't it? We're trying to win a war, and I can't even face down a bug.
Morgan: I wouldn't call it pathetic, but I guess it's better not to be scared if you can help it.
Noire: I know, right? Morgan, if I... If I asked you to help me get over my fear, would you do it?
Morgan: You mean your bug phobia? Sure, why not? I'll go collect a bunch of my favorites and show them to you. Once you've seen a whole mess of 'em, you'll be used to it. Problem solved!
Noire: M-maybe not...too many of them... Er, Morgan? Wait, Morgan, I... Hello?

This is all I'm going to say on the matter. I've already outstayed my welcome :/

Edited by TheSilentChloey

I had mentioned pairings in a previous post but didn't explain much...

In the Cordelia and Gaius' support she receives a ribbon in the A support. In Severa's concept art she had ribbons in her hair

Serena.jpg

The entire support was based on personal hygiene which is also important to Severa as shown in her support with Kjelle. Gaius also kinda looks like a Severa without pigtails. It would make sense for Cordelia's sprouse to notice her affection for Chrom if they can actually support with him like Vaike or Frederick. In all of Severa's supports with Cordelia, she only spoke to her mother once she was offered her dessert.

Olivia x Henry

The main theme was about Olivia getting Henry to express his true self and give a real smile. In the Lucina and Severa support he tries to get both to smile. Like Henry he has a tendency to hide his true feelings behind a mask of carefree skirt chasing. Also in Inigo's paralogue there are black birds that fly across the screen. Maybe a reference to Henry's crows?

lMz05v9.png

Inigo x Severa

Inigo has a gift for Severa in the A support like Gaius gives Cordelia a gift in their A support

Inigo gets Severa to show her true self by being genuine in his pursuit, like Olivia was with Henry.

Maribelle x Libra

Brady's father support implies that the person doesn't drink tea (possibly not of nobility) Maribelle claims that it's Libra's words that inspire her to become a magistrate as she does in her normal ending. In their C support we learn that Maribelle prays every morning. Not only does Brady share his class and sensitive nature with Libra but his paralogue is located in the Mila Shrine Ruins indicating the spiritual connection to Naga. Brady is also prone to being mistaken for a bad guy just as Libra is mistaken for a women until people get to know them better.

Tharja x Stahl

It' s one of the few supports where the Avatar isn't mentioned. Noire shares a green color palette with Stahl. Like him she has been shown to get flustered easily in her supports but can also be forceful when she needs to.

Nowi x Ricken

Ricken actually provides a solution(even if temporary) to Nowi's loneliness by promising to take her to a festival. It's not until age is mentioned in Nah's B support with her father does he get angry. This would make the most sense with Ricken who is also sensitive in regards to his age. If Nah is one of the younger children(closer to Morgan's age) then this also make sense because Nowi and Ricken may have gotten together at a later time once Ricken was old enough.

Nah x Gerome

Gerome is the only one Nah went out of her way to pursue. Although Gerome constantly flew off this no different from how he treats many of the others.(avoiding them) He did not treat Nah like a child nor was her seriousness mentioned. This pair also doesn't happen immediately even in the S-support since Gerome suggests they take time to get to know each other.

This is mostly off the top of my head since I've been replaying the game recently xD

Inigo x Severa

Inigo has a gift for Severa in the A support like Gaius gives Cordelia a gift in their A support

Inigo gets Severa to show her true self by being genuine in his pursuit, like Olivia was with Henry.

I think that it is going to be really hard to prove any pairings for the children. Plus because of Fates we have to take Inigo, Owain, and Severa out of the equation. Kjelle might also be gay so there's that as well.

Your Nowi x Ricken is interesting. However you said that Nah would be one of the youngest which isn't true since in her support with Inigo she has says that she is the same age as him. Out of all the children Laurent was probably the youngest before they went back in time. This is because he is actually sent back to past 3 years before Lucina combining to a total of 5 years before joining Chrom. So this could make Ricken a likely candidate for his father.

Donnel x Maribelle: Brady's exaggerated "southern" drawl. And the fact he doesn't act like a noble at all.

Lissa x Henry: Owain=> Odin. Henry is (iirc) the only father who grants DMage. And Odin has white hair.

Gregor x Nowi: Nowi understands that Gregor's over the hill (he's around 35, and in Medieval Europe, people barely lived past 50), and Gregor knows Nowi is actually wiser and more mature than she lets on.

More later.

Lissa x Henry: Owain=> Odin. Henry is (iirc) the only father who grants DMage. And Odin has white hair.

Libra can also give Owain the Dark Mage class.

Edited by Cquel

I always felt that Lissa x Ricken worked, since they are both short and try to be tougher than they look.

Morgan (m) X Cynthia also seemed to work out in my mind (I still need to actually try this) since they both have that spunk to their personalities. They seem that they would compliment each other well.

Panne X Lon'qu fits since Lon'qu doesn't like women and Panne is not a fan of manspawn. Well, Lon'qu would get a fluffy bunny instead and Panne would get a queit manspawn that won't get into her business.

All that I can think of right now.

Edited by Tactician Robin

Robin's place in the plot is a mess unless you do Crobin or pair him up with Lucina

Other wise it's just "Yes my name is Robin. I am here."

Or, what you do is remove Robin from the pairing setups completely.

Essentially that's what the support points tell us.

Each support is "pandered" to Robin to make "more sense" to appeal to the player's choice of waifu or husbando.

Details for a "happy ending" for tailored to each character only presented in the S support.

Such as changing the "evil" bonus characters for good.

Or getting Sumia to stop immersing herself in her own world.

Or getting Tiki to get over "Onii-chan".

Or building Olivia's theater.

Like I love Awakening, seriously... and love it's flaws...

But "pairings that make more sense" is something we've seen in the fandom for years simply because people want to justify their preferences...

ESPECIALLY for Robin.

Edited by shadowofchaos

FredxLissa is actually a very well-written support, mainly because the change from A to S doesn't feel so abrupt.

Not my favorite for either character, but one of the better ones.

I do agree that Freddy/Lissa is a great support. I just don't like them as a couple myself because of the huge age gap. No way am I putting a 14/16-year-old with a man who's gotta be at least 26.

Gregor is at least 30. None of the females save Nowi, Tiki, and Flavia are even 10 years his junior. How is Frederick worse to pair anyone with? Granted, had events in Awakening been different, I think Frederick would instead marry Emmeryn.

Or, what you do is remove Robin from the pairing setups completely.

Essentially that's what the support points tell us.

Each support is "pandered" to Robin to make "more sense" to appeal to the player's choice of waifu or husbando.

Details for a "happy ending" for tailored to each character only presented in the S support.

Such as changing the "evil" bonus characters for good.

Or getting Sumia to stop immersing herself in her own world.

Or getting Tiki to get over "Onii-chan".

Or building Olivia's theater.

Like I love Awakening, seriously... and love it's flaws...

But "pairings that make more sense" is something we've seen in the fandom for years simply because people want to justify their preferences...

ESPECIALLY for Robin.

I don't really care for pairings in FE, as far as I'm concerned the S support stuff in awakening is just "choose your waifu/husbando"

Crobin just makes Robins place int he plot not feel as slapped on to me.