Cipher Series 4 Discussion - Apr 14: Guidebook Cover + Itsuki Promo

Kirie

The Virion and Eleanora cards were actually shown way back when they announced that series 4 would have #FE cards.

As a kind of silly stealth reveal, the crackers that were sold at Cipher West/East have a new portrait of Kjelle, so I guess we can add her to the series 4 newcomers.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, than Merric. The moment I saw that card I knew exactly who drew it. I know i've already said this before, but Hakoda Maki is definitely THE #1 artist when comes to drawing characters from the Akaneia saga.

Edited by Jagen

Falcon Knight Cynthia

CbYlZlyUMAASw_h.png

Today's translation took a heroic amount of effort:

Cynthia, Wings of Justice

Quote: "Evildoers beware the wings of justice soaring above the battle…for it is I, Cynthia the legendary hero!"

Skill 1: "Your hero arrives!" / & / After class changing this unit, this unit's attack power is increased by 30 until the end of the turn. In addition, you may also move this unit.

Skill 2: "Now I gracefully depart!" / & / After this unit attacks, you may move this unit.

Edited by aubergine

Samto by Senri Kita

CbeafgHUcAIkdic.png

Here's what I've got for Samto's card:

Samto, Navarre Impersonator

Quote: "What? Ogma!? N-no, I can't be your opponent."

Skill 1: "Lies! All Lies!" / § / As long as there is no ally "Samto" deployed, an ally "Navarre" can Level-Up to this card.

Skill 2: "Arena Messmates" / ∞ / While there is an ally "Ogma" deployed, this unit's attack power is increased by 10 during your turn.

Support Skill: "Emblem of Strength" / ATK / Until the end of this attack, your attacking unit’s attack power is increased by 20.

Is there a set ruling on when "Start of turn" effects activate? If it has the same timing as drawing and untapping, it means you can decide the order however.

I found that (I searched for another card with an "At the start of your turn" effect, which was Kinu 3 here). I think it states "The action takes place before you draw a card", but we should have someone else confirm as my japanese understanding isn't very good.

Edited by Avk

Lucina by Fuzichoco

Cbi4jeVUcAAjzC4.png

This card turned out to be a real blast to translate.

Lucina, Iris of Destiny

Quote: "For a brighter future, to set things right in the world…this time we will defeat you!"

Skill 1: "Hands of Fate" / & / At the beginning of your turn, you may look at the top 2 cards of your deck. If so, choose 1 of those cards and discard it. Place the remaining card on top of your deck.

Skill 2: CCS "Enlightened Edge" / ∞ / While this unit is deployed on the Front Lines, the attack power of all other ally Class Changed units is increased by 10. (CCS: If this unit was deployed without being class-changed, this skill is inactive.)

Edited by aubergine

No new cards revealed today (so far), but the official FECipher site has been updated with a new Shade, Emma, and Yuzu column. Mostly it goes over the events and releases of the livestream from last week; if there's anything new, it's beyond my (and Google's) elementary Japanese. Feel free to check it out here.

EDIT: There is actually a cleaner version of the Adean and Levin artworks, but it's very small.

Edited by Kirie

10174786_10205892679943976_7545064504733

Uh... Singing and stuff.

Here's what I've got for a translation:

Mamori Minamoto, Microwave Idol♪

Quote: "I may be as tiny as a teacup… but you couldn't ask for a better partner."

Skill 1: "Termination" / ∞ / While attacking an enemy unit without the Tome Affinity, this unit's attack power is increased by 20.

Skill 2: "Microwave☆Heart" / ∞ / While being attacked by an enemy unit without the Tome Affinity, this unit's attack power is increased by 20. This skill is inactive if no ally "Draug" is deployed.

Support Skill: "Emblem of Protection" / DEF / Until the end of this attack, your defending unit's attack power is increased by 20.

Draug, Short and Stout Mirage

Quote: "Then I will endeavor to be a worthy partner…Mamori Minamoto, Tiny Teacup Master."

Skill 1: CF "Carnage Form" / ∞ / While this unit is deployed in the same area as "Mamori Minamoto" this unit cannot be defeated in battle.

Skill 2: "Compassionate Shield" / & / [Flip 1 Bond] If you pay the cost after an ally unit aside from "Mamori Minamoto" is attacked, "Mamori Minamoto" becomes the target of that attack instead.

Support Skill: "Emblem of Mirages" / ATK / At the end of this attack you may place this card on the battlefield in the same area as an ally "Mamori Minamoto" instead of in your Triage.

Here's what I've got for a translation:

Mamori Minamoto, Microwave Idol♪Quote: "I may be as tiny as a teacup… but you couldn't ask for a better partner."Skill 1: "Termination" / ∞ / While attacking an enemy unit without the Tome Affinity, this unit's attack power is increased by 20.Skill 2: "Microwave☆Heart" / ∞ / While being attacked by an enemy unit without the Tome Affinity, this unit's attack power is increased by 20. This skill is inactive if no ally "Draug" is deployed.Support Skill: "Emblem of Protection" / DEF / Until the end of this attack, your defending unit's attack power is increased by 20.Draug, Short and Stout MirageQuote: "Then I will endeavor to be a worthy partner…Mamori Minamoto, Tiny Teacup Master."Skill 1: CF "Carnage Form" / ∞ / While this unit is deployed in the same area as "Mamori Minamoto" this unit cannot be defeated in battle.Skill 2: "Compassionate Shield" / & / [Flip 1 Bond] If you pay the cost after an ally unit aside from "Mamori Minamoto" is attacked, "Mamori Minamoto" becomes the target of that attack instead.Support Skill: "Emblem of Mirages" / ATK / At the end of this attack you may place this card on the battlefield in the same area as an ally "Mamori Minamoto" instead of in your Triage.

Potential is there for her to be a pretty good MC. She'll be a 50 base when attacking almost all the time, and with Draug on board she's a 50 defender too, also does it really not specify which Draug? You could play normal Draug to activate her second effect too?

Mirage Draug is... Okay I suppose? If her promotion is a really hard unit to climb, he might be pretty okay I guess...?

Actually.. As a thought, if Mamori is in the backline and you use his effect, and the attacking unit is only a 1 range, does that mean the attack is negated completely?

Unlike Draug 3, Mamori doesn't need to be on the front-line (technically Neither does mirage Draug, but he can't die anyways)

Is this gonna be the first example of a lock your opponent can't get over if they don't run ranged?

Potential is there for her to be a pretty good MC. She'll be a 50 base when attacking almost all the time, and with Draug on board she's a 50 defender too, also does it really not specify which Draug? You could play normal Draug to activate her second effect too?

Mirage Draug is... Okay I suppose? If her promotion is a really hard unit to climb, he might be pretty okay I guess...?

Actually.. As a thought, if Mamori is in the backline and you use his effect, and the attacking unit is only a 1 range, does that mean the attack is negated completely?

Unlike Draug 3, Mamori doesn't need to be on the front-line (technically Neither does mirage Draug, but he can't die anyways)

Is this gonna be the first example of a lock your opponent can't get over if they don't run ranged?

Pretty sure a redirected attack still goes through in the end.

Someone else should confirm it just to be sure though.

You COULD play Normal Draug, but you could just kill him and then Mamori will be 50 on defense.

She'll be a 50 base when attacking almost all the time

How explain thyself

Edited by TheVinceKnight