Cipher Series 4 Discussion - Apr 14: Guidebook Cover + Itsuki Promo

Kirie

As much as I love Minerva, the SR is sadly one of my least favourite arts so far. The overall art style is cool, but her face looks, like, crazy or something. Maybe it'll be better in person.

Mayo's art style tend to be hit or miss most of the time for me. I don't mind Minerva though. It's okay.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minerva is just excited to kill her brother, that's all.

Seems like a pretty decent endgame push card.

+20 if 2 other fliers on field, making her 80

and her first skill is like marth5, but only for fliers and you can move them

I saw someone mention that some new Cipher cards were shown in the Japanese Direct just now, but I was too busy watching the EU one in hopes of a Fates release date, so I didn't catch any. If anyone got any shots, and if they're actually new cards, please share? <3

EDIT: I just watched the Cipher section. No cards shown at all, but we did get a release date for S5.

Edited by Kirie

12800165_10205960929050161_7970682123428

Well... I can't say I didn't see it coming.

I know my translations can tend to drag on, but bear with me on this one:

Minerva, Vermillion Vortex

Quote: "Save yourself a shred of dignity and surrender…or else die as an enemy of Macedon!"

Skill 1: "Sword of Macedon" / ∞ / While there are at least 2 other ally Flying Affinity units deployed, this unit's attack power is increased by 10.

Support Skill: "Emblem of Strength" / ATK♥ / Until the end of this attack, your attacking unit’s attack power is increased by 20.

Minerva, Sunset Ruby Princess

Quote: "No one, not even the the Shadow Dragon, will steal you away…not on my watch!"

Skill 1: "Eclipsing Wings" / α / [Flip 3 Bonds][Discard 1 "Minerva" from your hand] Choose as many ally Flying Affinity units as you like and move them. The attack power of all ally Flying Affinity units is increased by 30 until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Skill 2: "Dracoknight Commander" / ∞ / While there are at least 2 other ally Flying Affinity units deployed, this unit's attack power is increased by 20.

Also, is it just me that's kind of partial to Minerva's SR card art? I think the color palette lends itself well to the dynamic set piece on display in the card.

Edited by aubergine

Also, is it just me that's kind of partial to Minerva's SR card art? I think the color palette lends itself well to the dynamic set piece on display in the card.

Nah, I quite like the art myself. I was never really to Mayo's art either. The two Minerva's are definitely my favorites by him so far.

Interestingly enough, it appears that the starter deck really is a mix of all 3 games, and not even just mirages. I recognize some names at least, including Yubello, Yumina, Cynthia, and Inigo.

Interestingly enough, it appears that the starter deck really is a mix of all 3 games, and not even just mirages. I recognize some names at least, including Yubello, Yumina, Cynthia, and Inigo.

Itsuki x4
Tsubasa x4
Toma x2
Kiria x2
Elenora x2
Tsubasa x2
Shiida x3
Toma x2
Cain x1
Tiki x2
Ogma x1
Yumina x2
Yumina x2
Yubero x2
Yubero x2
Itsuki x2
chrom x3
Sayri x1
Sayru x3
Inigo x1
Cynthia x3
Yarne x1
Nah X1
...that's the list.

Oh.

My.

God.

I think I fell in love.

Signed or not signed... I want it.

I honestly loved his first SR Marth and don't like this one, guess its in the eye of the beholder.

If one day you find this SR (signed or not signed) in a booster box, give it to me gently, okay?

If one day somebody find the full artwork, it's for me too.

Maaamaaaaaaa *______* Night will be long, veeery long.

I honestly loved his first SR Marth and don't like this one, guess its in the eye of the beholder.

I can see what you mean.

This one just has much better contrast and isn't a selfie, also he's wielding the fire emblem. The red,blue, gold contrast is on point. Kinda like seVera (I dunno if that person did the artwork for both).

It's also photobombed by a dragon

Very pretty signed SR+ Marth revealed today!

yd0iYqx.png

Maki Hakoda has done a great job with the art on this one:

Marth, Lambent Hero-King

Quote: "So be it! Falchion shall be the instrument of your destruction."

Skill 1: "Leader of the Ragtag" / ∞ / If a card successfully supporting this unit on this turn is of deployment cost 2 or less, then you may place that card in your hand instead of sending it to your Triage.

Skill 2: "Falchion" / ∞/ While attacking Dragon Affinity units, this unit's attack power is increased by 20.

Love the name of his first skill, "Leader of the Ragtag". Fits well with how the Akaneian League are seen by the people of the continent during the events of fe3/12.

Edited by Jagen

Has there been any news on what the promo card for the series 4 guidebook is?

(I'm assuming not, since I can't find anything in it, but couldn't hurt to ask)

I'm uncertain, but I did see an image of a (very cool looking) Marth and Lucina card that are likely promos on Sokloeum's Sale List. Don't know where he found them, though.

[spoiler=Since the images are huge...]zSMoM20.jpgK6lWCBv.jpg

Edited by Together We Ride