Cipher Series 4 Discussion - Apr 14: Guidebook Cover + Itsuki Promo

Kirie

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! Here's hoping Lucina's in Dengeki...

Was JUST about to ask where to buy the magazines and pre orders are closed -_-

I was able to preorder this on Amazon JP about an hour ago. Since it's a magazine, they'll ship it to the US.

You can also go to a Kinokuniya if you have one in your area as they will have it. Significant markup there though.

I do have one in my area, and the 4/16 issue confirmed that Lucina's coming in the 5/16 Dengeki Nintendo.

It's a nice-looking card, but I didn't recognize it as Kiria until I matched the names... is this like an upgraded costume or something? :p

It's a nice-looking card, but I didn't recognize it as Kiria until I matched the names... is this like an upgraded costume or something? :p

It's her mirage costume. By that I mean the one that she does fighting in when she does the thing with Tharja.

Card's probably really good. I predict Tharja Mirage gives her +10 depending on the enemy hand, making her a viable lord.

I can see the "Kiria engine" working, with 4 of this and 4 Tharja1 4 Kiria1. (As a sort of alternate Henry for decks that don't really need Bonds)

This Kiria combines Sallya discard effect with a more restrictive Shalla draw effect. As MC, this card is quite useless except for 1 purpose: keep 1 cost Mirage Sallya (not revealed yet) on the field so you can more easily classchange into 4 Cost Sallya, whose discard effect is obviously superior to Kiria's. So her first effect is useless...

That being said, this tactic requires you to have an extra Sallya in your hand in order to activate Sallya's effect (flip 3 bond, discard Sallya: Opponent discards 3 cards). In case you don't, are you willing to use Kiria's second effect and discard herself (which is a potential dodge for your MC) for a small chance of drawing into Sallya? Probably not... So her second effect is uselss... (Yes, you can discard Sallya for a small chance to draw into a Kiria as well, but if you have that many Sallyas in hand, you're playing the deck wrong....)

It ultimately comes down to what the effects of the 1 cost Mirage Sallya are, but 1 good thing about this card is that you have to potential to discard 5 cards from you opponent's hand in 1 turn, due to Sallya's effect restricted to once per turn, you can opt to activate both Sallya and Kiria's effects. This requires 6 face-up bond, and minus 2 from your own hand.

tl;dr - if you MC Kiria with this card, it's pretty much a useless card; just use Sallya's effect instead. Has potential to discard 5 cards from opponents hand in 1 turn.

This is just based on what's revealed. We know the Starter deck will come with 3 cost Kiria, so maybe that one would better.

You're going way, way too fast to count a Mirage Master MC out. All Mirage Tharja needs is:

CONT / While your opponent has 4 or less cards in hand, Kiria gains 10 attack

And suddenly it's an OP lord. You're underestimating a Tharja that can discard something other than herself.

By the way, Tharja4 is a bad card.

Please, like i said already, AS IT IS right now. it is not a good MC. and "It ultimately comes down to what the effects of the 1 cost Mirage Sallya are".

Even if Mirage Sallya does get what you think it "needs", it is by no means an "OP lord". It would be good/average at best.

Again, we have to see what the rest of the set, along with the starter decks, offers and what a potential deck would look like. Would definitely revisit after more cards are revealed.

Love the name of his first skill, "Leader of the Ragtag". Fits well with how the Akaneian League are seen by the people of the continent during the events of fe3/12.

Awesome, that's exactly what I was going for!

Cc65W3QUUAAKLxS.png

Kiria.

Kiria Kurono, Cool or Cutesy?

Quote: "Shall I…serenade you?"

Skill 1: "Oubliette" / α / [Once per turn][Flip 3 Bonds, Discard 1 "Kiria Kurono" or "Tharja" from your hand] Your opponent must choose 2 cards in their hand and discard them.

Skill 2: "Pastel Carousel" / α / [Once per turn][Discard 1 "Kiria Kurono" or "Tharja" from your hand] Draw 1 card.

I'm so excited that we're seeing more dual arts than the ones that were first shown ages ago. I can't wait to see how the Kiria/Tharja one looks. :3

I'm so excited that we're seeing more dual arts than the ones that were first shown ages ago. I can't wait to see how the Kiria/Tharja one looks. :3

You missed it because it was the latest issue of a print magazine (Dengeki Nintendo had the same artwork along with the full cards for Wolf; Roshe; Brady and Donnel).

Edited by Draxal

Thank you! Here's hoping Lucina's in Dengeki...

I was able to preorder this on Amazon JP about an hour ago. Since it's a magazine, they'll ship it to the US.

Would you mine linking me to both magazines that have the promos?

For the life of me I can't find them on Amazon.JP

Just a slight correction, it's Yashiro and not Yoshiro.

I didn't remember having seen this art for Kiria/Tharja, it's pretty nice. All of the dual arts shown were pretty cool in my opinion, today's (well, yesterday's) art for Yashiro and Navarre is no exception, although I didn't remember him using a lightsaber.

M!Robin definitely looks really nice! :D

Since the release is coming soon, and we'll probably get a big dump of cards during this weekend's livestream, I thought I would put together a set list and see how things look. Cards listed in parentheses are just guesses at this point.

[spoiler=S4 Series List]

1 Tsubasa SR
2 (Tsubasa N?)
3 Tsubasa HN
4 Caeda N
5 - 6 (More Toma?)
7 Toma HN
8 Cain N
9 - 10 (More Mamori?)
11 Mamori HN
12 Draug N
13 - 14 (More Yashiro?)
15 Yashiro HN
16 Navarre N
17 (Tiki R/SR?)
18 Marth SR
19 Marth HN
20-28 (Misc. FE3: Peg Trio, Wolfguard, Yubello/Yumina, Mallesia, Ogma, Hardin, etc.?)
29 Julian R
30 (Julian N?)
31 Sirius R
32 Sirius N
33 (Samto HN/R?)
34 Samto N
36 Minerva SR
37 Minerva N
38 (Merric HN/R?)
39 Merric N
40 - 46 (Misc. FE3)
47 Michalis R
48-50 (Misc. FE3, perhaps another boss SR? More Cipher column girls?)
51 Itsuki SR
52 (Itsuki N?)
53 Itsuki HN (number guess, but probable)
54 Chrom N (number guess, but probably)
55 - Kiria R
56-58 (Kiria & Tharja HN/N?)
59 Eleanora R
60 Eleanora HN

61 Virion

62 (?)
63 Lucina SR
64 Lucina N
65 M!Robin SR
66 (M!Robin N)
67 Lon'qu SR
68 Lon'qu HN
69-82 (Misc. FE13: Donnel, Say'ri, Basilio, probably Flavia, pre-kid characters)

83 F!Morgan R

85 (F!Morgan N/HN?)

86-91 (Misc. FE13 kid characters)
92 Cynthia R
93 (Cynthia N?)
94 Severa SR
95 (Severa N?)
96-100 (Misc. FE13. Perhaps a boss SR? More Cipher Column girls?)

Confirmed SRs:

Red: Marth, Minerva, Tsubasa

Blue: Itsuki, Lucina, M!Robin, Lon'qu, Severa

Confirmed +:

Red: Marth SR

Blue: F!Morgan R, Cynthia R

Pretty lopsided on the Blue side so far, but that could just be prerelease choices. Tsubasa is practically a shoe-in for SR, and #FE Tiki has a decent chance of being an SR too. Not sure who else to expect. Still crossing my fingers for an Emperor Hardin SR.

I'm thinking M!Robin and the #FE SRs might get signed versions. Maybe Lucina to match the Marth SR+.

Edited by Kirie