Cipher Series 4 Discussion - Apr 14: Guidebook Cover + Itsuki Promo

Kirie

M!Robin definitely looks really nice! :D

Since the release is coming soon, and we'll probably get a big dump of cards during this weekend's livestream, I thought I would put together a set list and see how things look. Cards listed in parentheses are just guesses at this point.

[spoiler=S4 Series List]

1 (Tsubasa SR?)

2 (Tsubasa N?)

3 Tsubasa HN

4 Caeda N

5 - 6 (More Toma?)

7 Toma HN

8 Cain N

9 - 10 (More Mamori?)

11 Mamori HN

12 Draug N

13 - 14 (More Yashiro?)

15 Yashiro HN

16 Navarre N

17 (Tiki R/SR?)

18 Marth SR

19 Marth HN

20-28 (Misc. FE3: Peg Trio, Wolfguard, Yubello/Yumina, Mallesia, Ogma, Hardin, etc.?)

29 Julian R

30 (Julian N?)

31 Sirius R

32 Sirius N

33 (Samto HN/R?)

34 Samto N

36 Minerva SR

37 Minerva N

38 (Merric HN/R?)

39 Merric N

40 - 46 (Misc. FE3)

47 Michalis R

48-50 (Misc. FE3, perhaps another boss SR? More Cipher column girls?)

51 Itsuki SR

52 (Itsuki N?)

53 Itsuki HN (number guess, but probable)

54 Chrom N (number guess, but probably)

55 - Kiria R

56-58 (Kiria & Tharja HN/N?)

59 Eleonora R

60-62 (Any missing #FE character/mirage pairs?)

63 Lucina SR

64 Lucina N

65 M!Robin SR

66 (M!Robin N)

67 Lon'qu SR

68 Lon'qu HN

69-91 (Misc. FE13: Donnel, Say'ri, Basilio, probably Flavia, F!Morgan, etc.)

92 Cynthia R

93 (Cynthia N?)

94 Severa SR

95 (Severa N?)

96-100 (Misc. FE13. Perhaps a boss SR? More Cipher Column girls?)

Confirmed SRs are:

Red: Marth, Minerva

Blue: Itsuki, Lucina, M!Robin, Lon'qu, Severa

Pretty lopsided on the Blue side so far, but that could just be prerelease choices. Tsubasa is practically a shoe-in for SR, and #FE Tiki has a decent chance of being an SR too. Not sure who else to expect. Still crossing my fingers for an Emperor Hardin SR.

I'm thinking M!Robin and the #FE SRs might get signed versions. Maybe Lucina to match the Marth SR+.

Gotta consider that they may shoehorn their exclusive characters into Red or Blue too :p.

60-61 -> Eleanora HN and Virion

WALHAAART

As for Red SRs I can see Linde getting an SR perhaps. Or Merric.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, added the Eleanora/Virion cards. Not sure how I missed those.

And, yeah, I made notes that the Cipher OCs might be at the end of each solour, since they usually get the ending spots of a particular colour if/when they're included. They could take up to 6 slots if included, one for each girl in red and blue. There are 3 red cards after Michalis open, so it certainly could go to them, but I'm still holding out for an Emperor Hardin or Medeus/Gharnef SR. >_> There's 5 empty end spots for blue, which could be 2 spots for a N + HN/R/SR for a post-Severa kid and all 3 OCs, or we could see enemies/spotpass characters, too.

I'm kind of hoping we don't get more Cipher girls, though. They're cute and all, but enough is enough, and there's a lot of real characters that are missing cards still.

Whoops, added the Eleanora/Virion cards. Not sure how I missed those.

And, yeah, I made notes that the Cipher OCs might be at the end of each solour, since they usually get the ending spots of a particular colour if/when they're included. They could take up to 6 slots if included, one for each girl in red and blue. There are 3 red cards after Michalis open, so it certainly could go to them, but I'm still holding out for an Emperor Hardin or Medeus/Gharnef SR. >_> There's 5 empty end spots for blue, which could be 2 spots for a N + HN/R/SR for a post-Severa kid and all 3 OCs, or we could see enemies/spotpass characters, too.

I'm kind of hoping we don't get more Cipher girls, though. They're cute and all, but enough is enough, and there's a lot of real characters that are missing cards still.

I agree. But I also disagree -> They're expanding on what they started with which is excellent: So we may get more cards in the future for Red / Blue again.

Oh, yeah, I definitely expect there to be more red/blue cards printed in the future. I highly doubt they're going to get everyone in Archanea with this set for sure, and there are lots of options for all characters.

More Archanean cards is a certainty, Shadow Dragon alone has 26 playable characters without cards.

Remember that Yarne and Nah will likely appear in 96-100, and Inigo north of Cynthia.

I think if they can stretch out Nohr and Hoshido into their own categories, it's not impossible to do the smaller continents like Valentia and Magvel. Add in some bosses like Rudolf, Mara, Heste, Judah, the creature campaign characters and you would be able to make them stand alone.

Male Robin by lack.

CdFTZ1hWoAAJ0ez.png

I really like this Dara... Robin >_< (but I really dislike the name Robin. Daraen is better...)

Now it's difficult to say if I prefer Marth SR or Robin SR...

Male Robin by lack.

CdFTZ1hWoAAJ0ez.png

Pretty good art but the effect is kinda bad.... why putting a card from hand to orb instead of from top deck to orb (like the 2 cost Reflet)? And come on they keep teasing us with the Tome in the art (same for Cost 2 Reflet) but the Unit is only 1 range :(

because a 70 atk 1-2 range would be broken as hell

and the effect isnt terrible because you effectively discard robin for a +10 boost (which can be good or bad, depending, since sometimes that +10 is just enough) and a regen of your orb

you give up an evade for a life, which is essentially the same thing, and get +10 for flipping two bonds

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Had a long day yesterday, so I'm catching up today!

CdAzBIdUAAEHvtL.png

Lord of the Edge himself, Navarre.

Yashiro Tsurugi, Steelborn Heart

Quote: "You're exhausting my patience…don't get in my way again."
Skill 1: "What a joke…" / & / [Once per turn] After an ally unit other than "Navarre" is defeated in battle, this unit's attack power is increased by 10 until the end of the turn. This skill cannot activate if there is no ally "Navarre" deployed.
Support Skill: "Emblem of Strength" / ATK♥ / Until the end of this attack, your attacking unit’s attack power is increased by 20.

Navarre, Crimson Silence

Quote: "……"
Skill 1: CF "Carnage Form" / ∞ / While this unit is deployed in the same area as "Yashiro Tsurugi" this unit cannot be defeated in battle.
Skill 2: "Exorcise the Profane" / & / [Tap this unit][Flip 1 Bond] When an ally "Yashiro Tsurugi" attacks an enemy unit other than the opposing Main Character, if you pay the cost then his attack cannot be evaded until the end of that battle.
Support Skill: "Emblem of Illusion" / ATK♥ / At the end of this attack you may place this card on the battlefield in the same area as an ally "Yashiro Tsurugi" instead of in your Triage.

Site note: Skill 2 for Navarre was officially localized as "Curse Thy Enemy" in SMT IV.

Male Robin by lack.

CdFTZ1hWoAAJ0ez.png

Robin♂, Exalted Grandmaster

Quote: "We can change the future. It starts…now!"
Skill 1: "Rainbow Reverence" / α / [Flip 2 Bonds][Discard 1 "Robin♂" from your hand] The attack power of all ally units is increased by 10 until the end of the turn. If you have less Orbs than your opponent, you may choose 1 card from your hand and place it as an Orb.
Skill 2: "Two Steps Ahead" / & / When this unit defeats an enemy in battle, you may destroy 1 of your Orbs. If you do then choose 1 card from your hand and place it as an Orb.

As a side note, Skill 1 is the Japanese term for what was officially localized as "Rally Spectrum". In the course of my project, I am trying to avoid using the official localizations alongside personal translations, so I always try my hand at a separate translation that is updated with Cipher and the card art in mind. That being said, I'm sure there are some who would rather use the original terminology so I wanted to give a heads up on that!

Oh, that F!Morgan card is really super cute. I guess I'm not surprised she got a + either.

I updated my card list for 83 and 84, but it doesn't really tell us much else, aside from the fact that the pre-83 cards are pre-kid characters.

Female Morgan by Pisuke.

CdLKwuRUkAAo24a.png

Morgan♀, Temporal Stray

Quote: "I have dreams of becoming a great tactician just like my father!"

Skill 1: "Overclocked" / § / During your turn this card gains the Affinities and Ranges of all ally units other than "Morgan♀".

Skill 2: CCS "Flourish" / ∞ / While having at least 3 different Weapon Affinity types, this unit's attack power is increased by 20. (CCS: If this unit was deployed without being class-changed, this skill is inactive.)

It should be noted that Skill 2 for Morgan is "Ignis" as officially localized from Awakening. Once again I strayed away from using a translation not my own for my translation project..

Aubergine, I just read something in Lonqu's text.

In particular, the bit where this card text includes himself in the "2 sword units". Is that correct?

Edit: Same thing on Minerva5, but she gets even more ridiculous if you forget "other"

"Double-edged Fury" / & / [Once per turn] After this unit has attacked, if there are at least 2 ally Sword Affinity units deployed on the Front Lines then untap this unit and until the end of the turn its attack power is decreased by 20.

Edited by Tuvillo

Aubergine, I just read something in Lonqu's text.

In particular, the bit where this card text includes himself in the "2 sword units". Is that correct?

"Double-edged Fury" / & / [Once per turn] After this unit has attacked, if there are at least 2 ally Sword Affinity units deployed on the Front Lines then untap this unit and until the end of the turn its attack power is decreased by 20.

You're referring to this card I suppose ?

Someone more proficient than me should confirm this, but I think he isn't included. The effect states "剣の前線の味方がに2体以上いる場合", the bolded kanji means "Other", so 2 or more other allies with Sword affinity present in the frontline.

Edit : Just saw your edit, I think it's the same for Minerva (this one), "翼の味方がに2体以上いる場合".

Edited by Avk

Tsubasa Oribe by Masaki Hirooka.

CdPB8u_UEAMdY0g.png

Tsubasa Oribe, The Golden Idol

Quote: "Everyone, Itsuki, I couldn't do this without you!"

Skill 1: "Grand Finale" / α / [Once per turn][Flip 3 Bonds, discard 1 "Tsubasa Oribe" or "Caeda" from your hand] Untap all other ally units.

Skill 2: "Fly ~Windswept Passions~" / & / [Once per turn] After an ally is moved by a skill's effect, this unit's attack power is increased by 10 until the end of the turn.

You're referring to this card I suppose ?

Someone more proficient than me should confirm this, but I think he isn't included. The effect states "剣の前線の味方がに2体以上いる場合", the bolded kanji means "Other", so 2 or more other allies with Sword affinity present in the frontline.

Edit : Just saw your edit, I think it's the same for Minerva (this one), "翼の味方がに2体以上いる場合".

Thanks for the catch on this you two. I completely forgot to add in the "other" on both of these cards abilities. They both need two other units excluding themselves, I'll go back and edit those.

Edited by aubergine

Skill 2: "Fly ~Windswept Passions~" / & / [Once per turn] After an ally is moved by a skill's effect, this unit's attack power is increased by 10 until the end of the turn.

Once per turn. So, only the first ally moved gains the boost, and not the others? Just to be sure ><

Once per turn. So, only the first ally moved gains the boost, and not the others? Just to be sure ><

Once again, someone else should confirm this, but I think the effect applies to Tsubasa. I've compared with another card (Hinoka 4), Tsubasa's skill states "このユニット" "this unit" whereas Hinoka's states "その味方" "that ally". The skills aren't exactly similar, but I think the way they refer to the target is consistent (this unit, that ally, all allies, etc...).

Also, Series 4 pre release livestream in about an hour.

Edited by Avk