Cipher Series 4 Discussion - Apr 14: Guidebook Cover + Itsuki Promo

Kirie

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aubergine's been our main translator but he must be busy lately since he doesn't even have all the S4 stuff updated on his site yet. Someone else could take a stab at it, but my Japanese is way too shitty.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my first Guidebook for S4 and it's actually a pretty sweet book. If anyone else has never bought one and would like to take a gander at the contents, I took some photos that you can check out here.

I learned from user wobblinghood that one of the photos I took in the guidebook shows a different set of marker cards for May than the ones that were previously announced. In hopes that maybe the book included more information about the change, I've scanned the page in question so that someone who can read Japanese can maybe tell us what the deal is? Scanned page can be see here.

The point is that those aren't May's shop markers, though. May's markers are Tiki, Marth, Minerva, and Hardin. I can confirm that personally. I'm assuming the ones in the guidebook are actually June's markers, a blue set to match the red set being given out in May. Every series except for Series 1 has had two sets of shop markers. Series 2 - male Fates royals in Nov., female Fates royals in Dec. Series 3 - PoR cards in Feb., Revelation cards in Mar. Series 4 has red cards in May; the blue cards are likely June's.

(Each Series' shop tournament gifts tend to follow this pattern to keep players coming to shop tournaments: first full month in a new series - new shop promo boosters, month 2 - new markers and the promo boosters, month 3 - different markers and the promo boosters.)

I can't confirm anything for sure; this is speculation on my part based on how previous series have been handled. The text in the guidebook just says that new marker cards will be available from May (true), that the four pictured below will be the first set (false), and that the only things you can use as a marker card in tournaments are the official special markers or the markers included in the ST decks (depends on how strict the shop running the tournament is - I've seen fanart, cards from the old FE TCG, and point cards being used as well).

Thanks for the clarification, Kyokko. This group of marker cards being the June set and the info in the guide being a typo/mistake is probably the most likely outcome. Now that June's coming up closer, hopefully we'll get some official word on it soon.