Cipher Series 4 Discussion - Apr 14: Guidebook Cover + Itsuki Promo

Kirie

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP updated with all of the new Cipher Festival artwork! Hopefully we'll start seeing some full card releases shortly now that the release is next month.

We've got our first (I think, anyway) full cards shown from Series 4!

AhYWg5L.png

EDIT: here is a direct link to the tweet it was shown in.

Edited by Kirie

I think the Mirages won't get more cards, and the Masters will get additional 4 and 5s, at least. Maybe even 2.

Gameplay-wise there's a lot of complicated dynamics, but we'll get to them when we see more cards.

We've got our first (I think, anyway) full cards shown from Series 4!

AhYWg5L.png

EDIT: here is a direct link to the tweet it was shown in.

Translations for today's cards:

Chrom, Neophyte Phantom Prince

Quote: "To arms! I have your back, Itsuki!"

Skill 1: CF "Carnage Form" / ∞ / While this unit is deployed in the same area as "Itsuki Aoi" this unit cannot be defeated in battle.

Skill 2: "Synchrom" / α / [Tap this unit] The attack power of an ally "Itsuki Aoi" is increased by 10 until the end of the turn.

Support Skill: "Emblem of Mirages" / ATK♥ / At the end of this attack you may place this card on the battlefield in the same area as an ally "Itsuki Aoi" instead of in your Triage.

Itsuki Aoi, Charismatic Student

Quote: "Chrom, lend me your strength!"

Skill 1: "Nihil Swath" / α / [Discard 1 "Chrom" from your hand] Choose 1 enemy unit and move it.

Support Skill: "Emblem of Heroism" / ATK♥ / If your attacking unit has a Sharp Insignia, then until the end of this attack the orbs that it destroys as a result of battle is now 2.

(PS: I'm sorry for my long absence, but I hope to rejoin the community to have fun and be of some use again!)

Edited by aubergine

They could certainly have promoted versions that are SRs. We won't know for sure for another month or so, I suppose. :p

Oh we were speculating earlier that these paired art pieces were going to be super rares, since that Itsuki was the box topper in 3, my guess is now that they're all going to be HNs. I'm kinda amused that they hid the rarity.

Edited by Draxal

Interesting mechanic there, I think that's the push that Chrom's decks need.

Making your Chrom deck an Itsuki deck is not really a boost to Chrom deck rather than a boost to Chrom being played, much like how playing Marth promotions in a Lucina deck isn't a real boost to Lucina as while you do have more options if you end going to the other one, promoting LucinaMC to Marth, you aren't actually boosting her options if you ask me. It basically just makes it a deck of the MC you are actually using at the end of it.

More options are in fact good, people play B!Femui4 in W!Femui4 decks for a reason, but I'd also argue that's a very diferent situation as you can just drop one on top of the other unlike with Lucina and Itsuki/Chrom where your MC actually changes.

And here's Tsubasa and Caeda!

ao99VCS.png

EDIT: Looking a bit closer, these cards also show their number and rarity, unlike yesterday's. We can maybe assume that Itsuki will also be a booster HN and his matching Chrom a booster N.

Edited by Kirie

EDIT: Looking a bit closer, these cards also show their number and rarity, unlike yesterday's. We can maybe assume that Itsuki will also be a booster HN and his matching Chrom a booster N.

Yeah, that would be a safe bet, with only Corrin (F) Hoshido being the only box topper that ended up being a normal, out of the 7/8 (since we technically don't know Itsuki) boxtoppers that are known already.

And here's Tsubasa and Caeda!

ao99VCS.png

Translations for today's cards:

Tsubasa Oribe, High School Visionary

Quote: "I-I am Tsubasa Oribe, age 17!"

Skill 1: "Aerial Dance" / α / [Discard 1 "Caeda" from your hand] Choose as many ally units as you like and move them.

Support Skill: "Emblem of Flight" / ATK / You may choose 1 ally unit that is not the attacking unit and move it.

Caeda, Illusory Pegasus Knight

Quote: "My name is Caeda. You must be…Tsubasa?"

Skill 1: CF "Carnage Form" / ∞ / While this unit is deployed in the same area as "Tsubasa Oribe" this unit cannot be defeated in battle.

Skill 2: "Harmonious Wings" / α / [Tap this unit] Choose an ally unit and move it. If you move "Tsubasa Oribe" with this skill, you may move this unit as well.

Support Skill: "Emblem of Mirages" / ATK / At the end of this attack you may place this card on the battlefield in the same area as an ally "Tsubasa Oribe" instead of in your Triage.

Edited by aubergine

Thanks! Updated into the OP. :3

While I was there, I decided to try updating the title to reflect the newest update so people can tell at a glance if there's new information. Do you guys think that's a good idea? Feel free to give me feedback.

Also...

[spoiler=#FE Spoilers]Maybe have the final battle version of Itsuki (Marth Itsuki) as a promo card?

Was actually expecting a SR out of that, but oh gods I sure hope it isn't a promo, I wanna have it!

Expecting SRs of kids like Morgan.. (Also Robins, at least more male Robins definitely)

I'm going to be really amused if (one of) Samto's skill is like Lucimarth and he is essentially a Navarre card as well!

Ca0yYGOVAAAUJNt.png

Translation for today's card:

Itsuki Aoi, Lord Incarnate

Quote: "We…will forge our own path!"

Skill 1: "Heaven's Quake" / & / [Once per turn] After an ally class changes, choose 2 enemy rear guard units and move them.

Skill 2: "Talented Summoner" / α / [Once per turn] Choose 1 ally with a CF skill. That unit's attack power is increased by 40 until the end of the turn.

Edited by aubergine