Playing Binding Blade!

Emerson

post-20254-0-80229800-1452652880_thumb.png

Obviously now, the week of Midterm Finals, is the most optimal time to start playing FE 6. Sarcasm or not, I'm doing this.

Edited by TrueEm

Obviously now, the week of Midterm Finals, is the most optimal time to start playing FE 6. Sarcasm or not, I'm doing this.

Such agree. I find that my best video game decisions are made when I should be doing other things IRL.

Welcome to your DEATH! FE6 is one of the hardest games on the series without question, some of the things you feel should be done shouldn't be done or REDONE in critical situations in some maps. Reinforcements will spawn on the enemy's turn, every single mission is seize and the bosses are ALWAYS on thrones that grant 3 Def and 30 avoid. If you need help, post here your issues and we will help you out with them.

Edited by SSL01

You're in for a real treat. The game is a ton of fun, it often gets called the worst of the gba. But its my favourite, hell i'd even argue it has the best story of the gba ones. Gameplay wise yeah its certainly more difficult, but on Normal Mode its pretty tolerable and not as bad as some make it out to be.

Welcome to your DEATH! FE6 is one of the hardest games on the series without question, some of the things you feel should be done shouldn't be done or REDONE in critical situations in some maps. Reinforcements will spawn on the enemy's turn, every single mission is rout and the bosses are ALWAYS on thrones that grant 3 Def and 30 avoid. If you need help, post here your issues and we will help you out with them.

Wait, I thought pretty much every map was a Seize map.

Wait, I thought pretty much every map was a Seize map.

You're correct. I imagine he misspoke or misremembered.

Anyway, yeah, have fun. FE6 can be pretty fun but also pretty frustrating...but then again what FE isn't?

You're correct. I imagine he misspoke or misremembered.

Anyway, yeah, have fun. FE6 can be pretty fun but also pretty frustrating...but then again what FE isn't?

Yep, I misspoke, sorry. I usually say rout is seize and seize is rout sometimes XD Edited by SSL01

Yep, I misspoke, sorry. I usually say rout is seize and seize is rout sometimes XD

Thank goodness. Every mission being rout would be really annoying.

Currently on Chapter 7, loving it so far.

Random: My Theology teacher currently has my midterm final as a 4/76. I REALLY hope he meant 74/76.

Edited by TrueEm

Oh boy, next chapter prepare to meet: nuke mage, prepromoted thief, pure blood (2% res) knight, maybe better than Dieck/Deke and Meg before Meg was Meg

2% Res? What is this, FE 1-3? Also, Thieves can't promote is FE6, correct?

Oh boy, next chapter prepare to meet: nuke mage, prepromoted thief, pure blood (2% res) knight, maybe better than Dieck/Deke and Meg before Meg was Meg

Ok so lets see... Nuke Mage is Lilina (I assumed so), pre-promoted thief is Astore, Pure Blood Knight is Bath (I knew this one), maybe better than Deke ​not as good as Deke is Ogier, and Meg before Meg was Meg is Wendy.

Anyways, that was a fun chapter. The whole "keeping Lilina alive by moving to the opposite side of the room" was kinda avoided because Javelins and enemy AI. Other than that and forgetting that I can steal items (even though I remembered last Chapter), I had fun. Then again, I always have fun with Fire Emblem.

Cool, nice to see someone starting FE6! To think I started with this one, hard to believe actually. Aside from the lack of different map objectives and same-turn reinforcements, I quite like it.

Edited by DragonLord

I didn't had much trouble with him, also if you finished it, you got the Durandal. Mark these words: do NOT use the Durandal as a regular weapon. If it breaks, you will get the bad ending. That goes to the other S weapons (Armads, Forblaze, etc...)

I didn't had much trouble with him, also if you finished it, you got the Durandal. Mark these words: do NOT use the Durandal as a regular weapon. If it breaks, you will get the bad ending. That goes to the other S weapons (Armads, Forblaze, etc...)

In addition to this, a certain chapter later on will have an enemy you must NOT kill to go to the gaiden chapter. Most of the other gaidens will also require certain units to be alive and clearing chapters within a turn limit to access them.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Why is Chapter 8x so difficuuuuult. The damn boss Hero is way too strong...

Rutger or Dieck should deal with him.

Let the boss equip the hand axe, so both have weapon triangle advantage.

Supports will help you furthermore.

(Ironically Henning is somwhat easier on HM, because Rutger has more boosts than the boss has. He should be able to double him, when the boss has equipped the hand axe. He can even ORKO him with two crits by the killing edge.)

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Yeah, I know about keeping the Sacred Weapons in-tact.

If push comes to shove though, I may break one, mostly because I'd rather get the True Ending on my HM playthrough. Also, Thanny died sooo... no Ilia route. And I'm training Sue. EDIT: Which is what I wanted to do, I'm meaning to not take the Ilia route. I mean, I didn't want Thanny to die, but I don't want to go the Ilia route.

Rutger or Dieck should deal with him.

Let the boss equip the hand axe, so both have weapon triangle advantage.

Supports will help you furthermore.

(Ironically Henning is somwhat easier on HM, because Rutger has more boosts than the boss has. He should be able to double him, when the boss has equipped the hand axe. He can even ORKO him with two crits by the killing edge.)

Deke/Dieck and Lilina killed the boss for me. Deke/Dieck took Rutger's Killing Edge, since at the time, he had better Damage and pretty much the same Hit, he criticaled, then I gave Lilina the kill.

EDIT: Also, as I'm on chapter 9 at the moment (I skipped playing today to work on other things), do you recommend going to 10A or 10B?

Edited by TrueEm

Whichever one gives you Gonzales that is level 5. I think that's Lalum's route, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, it's the Lalum/A route.

Most people seem to prefer Echidna over Bartre so I'd go with the A route. Though, take this with a grain of salt since I haven't played enough FE6 to really make an accurate judgement.

Edited by Cyas

Echidna route

If you pick this one, you will probably have a bad time on chapter 11. I know I did. Also bring Clarine to chapter 11 (A route) or chapter 10 (B route) and Lugh to chapter 12. They can recruit someone there.

I could say Bartre route due to my hate towards chapter 11A, but Echidna is better overall, sooooo go with Echidna

Edited by SSL01

If you pick this one, you will probably have a bad time on chapter 11. I know I did. Also bring Clarine to chapter 11 (A route) or chapter 10 (B route) and Lugh to chapter 12. They can recruit someone there.

I could say Bartre route due to my hate towards chapter 11A, but Echidna is better overall, sooooo go with Echidna

Alright.

Also, what's so bad about 11A? Just curious.

EDIT: I'm suuuuper burned out today... stayed up playing FE 7 last night (Unlocking HHM on my VC version) and this morning... I'll probably beat Chapter 10 on Binding Blade then sleep the rest of the day.

Edited by TrueEm