To those who started/only played with Awakening...

Together We Ride

I'm gonna address exactly two of them - don't think I need to comment on the rest.

- Araphen has one rather illogical bit on his otherwise racist background, and that's in the form of Rath. By keeping Rath around, he's sending a message that he's willing to cooperate with a Sacaean as long as they're useful to him. Thus, if Lyn found a way to prove herself useful to Araphen (like "I'll give you some of our territory if you help out" or something equally idiotic), then there's a possibility that Araphen would ally with her, at least temporarily. Lundgren, being the paranoid guy that he is, wouldn't want that to hinder his plans. . .but if Lundgren was actually competent, he would've offed his brother as soon as he got wind of Lyn's movements. That way, there'd be no one left in Caelin to speak for her.

- I think the problem here is that Legault needs to be recruited. I don't remember if he shows up if the player killed him/didn't recruit him.

Not sure if he shows up if he's killed, but I'm pretty sure he shows up if he wasn't recruited and left alive.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played FE8 first on the 3DS, but I was little and didn't even understand what I was doing or what it was about, so I consider FE13 to be my true first FE.

I absolutely loved Awakening at the time and got lots of DLC, then I got a phone that could emulate games properly and went onto playing FE1 then FE2 then FE4 and FE7 then FE6 and FE3. I decided it would be best to start with the beginning as to not blur my experience with how the newer games work and imo that was a good decision. FE4 was absolutely amazing to me and I loved it. FE1 was fun, FE2 (even though I haven't finished yet it is one of my favourites along with FE1)was fun but I still have to beat it. The clunkiness of the first 2 actually appealed to me a lot. I played FE7 and then FE6 and they were great. I feel that I missed out a lot with this bad translations so I'll be replaying FE6 and FE4 and starting Thracia when I can/when the good translations come out.

All in all I sort of adopted the FE Veteran Elitists attitude and disowned Awakening for ruining the series even though I'm quite new in the FE scene by like 3 years. These FE games are a big part of my life and I enjoy them to the point of it being my favourite series.

I will never forgive Awakening for the atrocities it has commited and for every chance I get I will bash it to the fullest of my abilities. Praise classic emblem may the gods of FE4 bless you in america and may the demons known as awakening weeaboos not harm you all. Have a good day. (Don't take that last part about weeaboos seriously)

Pre-awakening the few people who I mentioned Fire Emblem to told me they disliked the series because they disliked the characters dying permanently and thought it was "too hard". I really think the introduction of casual mode was a huge drawing point to the majority of the newer fans of the series since I would guess the majority of normal people don't feel like they have time to spend restarting every time a character dies.

Pre-awakening the few people who I mentioned Fire Emblem to told me they disliked the series because they disliked the characters dying permanently and thought it was "too hard". I really think the introduction of casual mode was a huge drawing point to the majority of the newer fans of the series since I would guess the majority of normal people don't feel like they have time to spend restarting every time a character dies.

I will openly admit convincing myself to restart upon a character death was the reason it took me so long to go back before Awakening. Now I'm so used to permadeath being on, I can't play without it.

The idea of permadeath never scared me from trying the series, it was actually Shining Force that scared me from trying the series haha I was like 6 or 7 when the first one came out on the Genesis and strategy games were a little over my head at that age. So it turned me off of the genre for years and years. It was finally Lucina and Robin's Smash intro that made me go "oh shit, those characters look cool, maybe I'll give Awakening a shot" and here we are.