Gamestop cancels FE:Fates Special Edition Pre-orders made after 11/18

Viberum

http://imgur.com/cJlEQzc

For everyone who pre-ordered the special edition (like myself) you should take a look at this!!

Apparently, Gamestop has messed up SEVERELY and now if you've pre-ordered too late, your pre-order has been cancelled and you'll have to look elsewhere. (THANKS GAMESTOP!)

However, if you've pre-ordered online, you're safe so don't worry! Only those who pre-ordered in-store are affected.

Fortunately for me, I pre-ordered this on the 16th, so I'm good. What about you guys?

Edited by ChocolaChao

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I actually was told 11/18 in an email too when I asked them about it a while back. I didn't know if the answer was legit cause the guy gave me such weird mixed answers for stuff that I didn't even ask about. I figured that when the manic panic died down it just went away and was a rumor or something.

Welp, I'm glad I went the first day. Got mine in on 11/13.

Fucking Gamestop.

Wow, chill out, they had a glitch, okay? It sucks, but things like this happen. It's not anyone's fault.

Anyway, I'm glad I was only after Birthright. Didn't need to worry about any of this at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, chill out, they had a glitch, okay? It sucks, but things like this happen. It's not anyone's fault.

Considering this is a FE special edition. I would not blame them for the stock running out.

Edited by Radiance

Honestly, while it is... aggravating that Gamestop's software glitched out on them, I am more upset regarding the limited stock of the special edition. When it was first announced I had already exceeded my budget for games/miniatures for novemeber (thanks XCOM!) and by the time I was able to get cash for a pre-order it had already sold out pretty much everywhere. I was looking foward to reading that art book... Anyways, I kinda wonder if IS and Nintendo intentionally limited production of the SE to try and create the who "limited market" thing like they did with Amibo. With how popular Fire Emblem has become in recent years, I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

Damn shame about the Gamestop software glitch though. You know that someone was screwed by it.

I remember GameStop had a limited stock for Awakening as well. I got my copy a few days after the release date but it wasn't cancelled.

My condolences for those affected.

Edited by Magician Lugh

Now's a good time to be glad that amiibo traumatized me so I make sure to preorder anything Nintendo the moment it's up D: I ordered an extra to cover a friend if they missed out but I don't have enough extras to cover all the friends that are going to probably miss out now.