Do You Think We'll Get a Demo and When?

Dai

The demo for Awakening came out January 17th, eighteen days before Awakening. I wager we've got one for Fates coming within the next two weeks, hopefully. If one does come out, just how many chapters of the game do you think it will cover? Do you think they'll allow for a transfer function of some sort? What would you like to see from it?

I think it will have the first five chapters too, just because the big thing about Fates is the big decision on which side you take, but the game developers wouldn't want you to make that choice until the real game.

I'm more thinking it might only contain one or two chapters, just like the Awakening one. Probably chapters 4 and 5 and will cut off right at the decision part, to hook the player into purchasing the game. I think it might have transfer goodies (Like the Bravely Default demo), instead of transferring the entire data, since I feel that can get tricky if it's not all digital.

I think that they will follow the same schedule that they did with Yo-Kai Watch, releasing the demo two weeks before the game with an announcement for the demo a week before. This means that the announcement will come out on Jan. 28 with the demo coming out on Feb.4 (remember that the eshop only updates on Thursdays).

As for the content i think we will get the first 5 chapters stopping at the big choice. I think it will only be in normal difficulty and the data wont transfer but we might get an item or something, most likely nothing though.

I think it will only be in normal difficulty and the data wont transfer but we might get an item or something, most likely nothing though.

The Awakening demo allowed you to play even Lunatic difficulty, so I'm expecting we'll get those difficulties as well, although, it'll be on Casual Mode.

I think that the release date will be what everyone said above.

As for the chapters, they may contain either the first five or maybe 2 from Conquest and 2 from Birthright, but I am thinking the former is more likely.

there is a slight possibility for the demo , if it were to happen i would not mind playing the first 5 chapters even thought i think its too much for them to do it xD

Oh and the same release date to Europe (at least for the demo) i am salivating for the game for almost 1 year now

Edited by Kujja

I hope there's one so it's easier for me to wait for my special edition to ship. It's listed as arriving the first week of March, since it's shipping internationally. ;-;

If guess it'll only be around three chapters. Five seems too generous.

Five chapters seems like a lot for a demo. I really want a demo but at the same time don't want to play it, so everything is completely new on game day.

Well, I wager that stopping at the big choice would be the most dramatic and hooking point, even if we have seen it so many times before.

Oh it would be neat to have five chapters in the demo, but i kinda doubt it. I feel like it might just be two or three, like fe13. Either way, i feel like it will likely come out about three weeks before the game drops.

I feel like if there is a demo, it will only let you play one or two chapter, maybe 4 and 5, or just 5 since it's the one that's been shown off to reviewers and to the public in those recent gameplay videos. I have a feeling it'll be that build - chapter 5 up to the decision, then it will fade to black and the demo will end instead of cutting to the decision-making. Either way, I'm certain if there is one there will be no character customisation like in the Awakening one.

IMO considering the majority of us are already going to pay out the nose for this game and all of the features for it I feel as though it would be fair if the demo contained the first five chapters as well as allowing us to customize our MU however we like. I doubt this will happen but it would be nice <<

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo announced that Corrin will be a playable character for Super Smash Bros 4 in Feb 4th. So, I think it is safe to speculate that demo will come out around Feb 4th.

It will be a great opportunity to introduce the series to people who never played fire emblem before.

They might come out with a demo, but at this point I am thinking its a bit unlikely. They have been completely quiet about Fire Emblem except for a new commercial, and that is it. The game comes out in 3 weeks, you would think they would start advertising this thing like a TV on Black Friday, but there hasn't been any official word from Nintendo in any way, almost like they have forgotten that this game was even releasing in the West. They haven't even given a release date for Europe.

Edited by Tolvir