[Solved] Wyvern Lord Axe Promotion

TrueNanaya

I have a question about the Wyvern Lord Axe animation. I added it to the game correctly in HxD and FEditor and gave it the Axe and Lance as weapons while removing the Sword weapon level from the original Wyvern Lord tab in Nightmare while adding the palette fix patch. The problem I'm having is the axe, lance animations worked while Cormag was already a Wyvern Lord, but when I started a new game he can no longer promote at all. It shows a black screen with no music and it sticks there. Is there any advice on how to fix this problem?

post-6173-0-19320400-1452889419_thumb.png

post-6173-0-31799800-1452889437_thumb.png

Edited by TrueNanaya

I Inserted it using the steps posted in this thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34510&page=11#entry2881467. That was how I got the animation to work and I had a savestate with Cormag as a Wyvern Lord already so I was able to test it out to make sure everything worked. I deleted the savestate after confirming the animation worked along with the Phantom custom animation.

Edited by TrueNanaya

I tried out some more things but I couldn't get Cormag to promote. I have found out how to take screens so this is what I have so far. The highlighted area in HxD is the Wyvern Lord animation I added with the Phantom animation above and the Assassin Marisa animation below it.

[spoiler=Wyvern Axe Progress]post-6173-0-39404000-1453041716_thumb.pngpost-6173-0-99907400-1453042049_thumb.pngpost-6173-0-65886100-1453042095_thumb.pngpost-6173-0-22241900-1453042146_thumb.png

Did you have Nightmare open at the same time you were using FEditor? If so, reinsert the animation, save and close the ROM in FEditor, then do the Nightmare changes.

Edited by Primefusion

I fixed it!!!! The problem wasn't the animation but the order I had the weapons organized. I added the animation as Axe, Hand Axe, Spears, and finally Disarmed which would be okay if it wasn't a promoted unit. When I looked at how the original Wyvern Lord animation was setup it was Spears, Disarmed, and finally Swords which is earned on promotion meaning it uses the Wyvern Rider's default setup and adds the Swords to be a promotion only weapon. So all I had to do was rearrange it to Spears, Disarmed, Axe and finally Hand Axe. Another note is that the tutorial says to end the animations with 00 00 00, but the in game ones end it with 00 00 00 00 00 so I ended the Wyvern Lord animation with 5 (00's) as well. I don't know if it contributed or not but just a thought for those in a similar position to try out.

• TrueNanaya changed the title to [Solved] Wyvern Lord Axe Promotion