When Do You Think We Will See The Next Nintendo Direct? and Predictions

Captain Karnage

I felt like starting this topic to get some ideas as to when we think we will see the next Nintendo direct

personally I think we will see this years direct on the last week of January and it will be heavily focused on FE fates, Twilight Princess HD (meh), amiibo, and whatever else is comming out later this year.

I also predict the release date for FE fates in EU, Bravely Second for US, SMT x FE english title, Dragon Quest 7&8 release dates

secondly

why did I do this

I have a history of calling these things before they happen (and I really want these to happen)

way back in April I called SMT x FE would be revealed in the April direct

after Lucas was revealed for smash I called Roy's return

and I was even joking with my friends on FB saying that Cloud was going to get in

hopefully we will get FE cypher

also I wanted to see what everyone's predictions for the next direct would be

one last thing

I have a feeling we will see a Direct next week

Nintendo, for the love of Naga Please release SMT X FE physically, I don't want it to suffer the same fate of Fatal Frame 5

Edited by Captain Karnage

Late January, early February. Somewhere around there.

Predictions: The usual stuff, i.e. more info on the things that were already revealed. 30th anniversary of Zelda and 20th anniversary of Pokemon, so those are going to be big topics. Hopefully an English release of the Cipher cards, info on Pokemon Z and Zelda U (they really like the letters), Pokken Tournament, and maybe Metroid Prime: Federation Force because I'm the one guy who actually wants to play it.

Long-shots: Kid Icarus Wii U, Final Fantasy VII for Wii U or NX, info on said NX, and a new 3D Mario platformer in the veins of Mario 64 or Galaxy.

We're probably going to see some new 2016 titles announced, hopefully another Zelda Wii U teaser trailer too. I also hope for a Wii U Fire Emblem game after the success of Awakening and so far, Fates, but I don't have my hopes up real high for that. So at the very least, I'd like a rerelease of PoR and RD for download. I've seen plenty of fans say they want to play these but can't because of them being unavailable for a reasonable price. And I myself would like to download them as well due to my copy of PoR being very used. It could die the next time I boot it up. RD is still new, but...yeah. Seriously, Nintendo, this is money just waiting to get into your pockets!

And yeah, the end of January or the beginning of February sounds like a good prediction of when we'll see the next Direct.

Edited by Anacybele

We're probably going to see some new 2016 titles announced, hopefully another Zelda Wii U teaser trailer too. I also hope for a Wii U Fire Emblem game after the success of Awakening and so far, Fates, but I don't have my hopes up real high for that. So at the very least, I'd like a rerelease of PoR and RD for download. I've seen plenty of fans say they want to play these but can't because of them being unavailable for a reasonable price. And I myself would like to download them as well due to my copy of PoR being very used. It could die the next time I boot it up. RD is still new, but...yeah. Seriously, Nintendo, this is money just waiting to get into your pockets!

And yeah, the end of January or the beginning of February sounds like a good prediction of when we'll see the next Direct.

I makes me wonder why they went with geni ibun roku instead of a n HD collection for the Radiant games

I makes me wonder why they went with geni ibun roku instead of a n HD collection for the Radiant games

They're probably hesitant because of the initial poor sales of the Tellius games. What they need to do is look at WHY they sold poorly in the first place. PoR was released at a crappy time for its series (the end of the GC's lifespan, srsly...), and neither game had much marketing at all. RD appeared in an E3, but I don't think it got much coverage since. I also don't think a lot of copies were printed. You can't sell a lot of copies if you don't print a lot.

And also, since FE has gotten a lot more fans since then and Ike is making repeat appearances in Smash, it should sell better now anyway.

Granted, the Wii U is probably nearing the end of its lifespan as well, but... I just feel like even with that true these would sell better than they did initially.

Edited by Anacybele

Pokémon Z/X2Y2/XZYZ/WHATEVER IT WILL BE to continue with the anniversary stuff. Maybe Gen VII but that's a big time stretch. ...Well, Gen VI'd still be a longer Gen than V....

Stuff about GIR#FE in English, maybe some potential DLC in Japan featuring Jugdral/Elibe/Magvel/Tellius based Mirages hopefully an alternate Mirage for Kiria of an actually cool mage because Tharja can die in 1000 fiery abysses., or at least some alt costumes referencing characters from these games. I'm still sore about the exclusion of these worlds, when the initial announcement made it seem like we'd get everyone from FE6 on, yeah it was hasty trailer saying it's happening, but still, it's annoying.

Zelda U stuff

Oh yeah, Pokemon XY's followup does need to be announced someday soon. :P But they get their own separate thing. So here's hoping for a Pokemon Direct as well as the main one!

I'm thinking they will release a proper trailer for the Virtual Release of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and talk a bit about the distributions as well as that fancy New 3DS Bundle. I'm hoping they announce a new main series Pokemon game as well (Or, I know this is a longshot, Pokemon Conquest 2, please?). I'm expecting some news for Pokken, as a bunch of info just got released in Japan.

^I Second that a Pokemon Direct should come :)

I'm actually hoping they release some of the earlier Fire Emblems on the 3DS Eshop, to get people into the hype for Fates. With the hype for Fates, they are probably going to announce when Corrin and Bayonetta will hit the shop to be purchased to play in Smash Bros. I also feel they will squeeze out one more English Fates trailer to hype it up even more.

Like mentioned above, they are probably going to talk about GIR #FE for the English release and probably give a solid date. They probably will announce a fancy bundle for Bravely Second for the English release, and tie up any other loose ends on games. Oh, and more news on Zelda U and Twilight Princess HD.

Lastly, they will probably announce some new titles to keep people interested for the first to second quarter of the year. Not sure what these could be, as Nintendo has surprised us before. It would be nice to finally get a sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising, but that probably won't happen.

I'm expecting a Direct to occur in the next three weeks. As for the content of the Direct:

Fates DLC detailed a little better

Smash DLC release date

Bravely Second release date

Twilight Princess HD's use of amiibo (I know we got those listings, but this would be official)

possibly showing off Metroid Prime Federation Force and how they would've improved it from E3

BoxBoy 2 (just because it recently came out in Japan)

New game announcement (just because)

Those are just the minimal of what I expect. I'm sure there'll be other stuff in there.

I'm thinking of something might possibly wanted to see if it happens in the Next Direct something like:

• some more Super Smash Bros. stuff to make it happen (not more newcomers since Sakurai did say Bayonetta is the last newcomer/new challenger)
  • more stuff about the Roy and Corrin amiibo if it's compatible for CodeName: S.T.E.A.M. and Fire Emblem Fates
  • more Fire Emblem Fates info
  • BoxBoy sequel
  • StarTropics and Zoda's Revenge Virtual Console for the Wii U and/or Nintendo 3DS
  • the recently Mario vs. Donkey Kong game with miibo support that was mentioned a while ago
  • more Pokkén Tournament playable characters and supporting characters
  • Pokémon Z or sequel
  • Roy, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta costume and more content for Super Mario Maker
  • Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibo
  • more Splatoon DLC content
  • more new The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD content
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
  • Bravely Second
  • if Final Fantasy VII remake will come to the Nintendo consoles
  • Star Fox Zero
  • any new Nintendo games
Edited by King Marth 64

My incredibly accurate predictions are...

- Sin and Punishment 3 continues to not exist.

- Retro makes a DK Country game to complete the Returns trilogy. For the NX.

- Zelda Wii U delayed to 2017.

- New 2D-style Metroid... minigame collection.

- New F-Zero game announced, so fast that it flies into the future and is never seen again.

- Pokemon continues to prosper.

More informations on FE Fates, Starfox Zero, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD, Bravely Second, Pokken Tournament and any games I forgot. These games releasing soon, I think that's a safe prediction. Also other expected things, like Amiibo, indie games releasing on eShop, Smash DLC...

I'm surprised at people expecting more about #FE this soon, I don't expect anything about the game yet, but since the game is now out in Japan, I suppose they need to start building awareness for the game here.

About Pokemon, I think they'll keep anything about Z or whatever next game is coming for E3.

I'm more anticipating anything they didn't announce yet (if there is any). And for the Direct date... I'd say either last week of January or first week of February.

I don't really see how both are connected. At all.

February 1 for Direct Date

Also guessing April 25th for Fates EU

Why 2 months after NA =(
I really hope we won't get it this late, waiting after the Japan release is expected, but after NA... it's quite annoying. Not that we can do anything about it.

Edited by Avk

What I'm expecting:

- A huge show for Pokemon20.

- A new Pokken character or two

- Pokemon Z or something

- a Sonic game maybe

- Zelda Wii U

- Star Fox Zero

- TP HD

- Fates Launch Trailer

- A few Indie games

- A new title featuring amiibo

- some new titles that's be out of left field ala Fates last year or Pokemon Picross in November. I'm thinking Kirby Wii U.

- Federation Force?

- #FE?

- A 3D Mario idk

- info on Mario vs Donkey Kong or whatever

- my wish: Advance Wars or Starfy

let me make a ticket or something

What I don't expect is anything Smash outside of a release date for Corrin and Bayonetta or Animal Crossing Wii U. Because c'mon, there were two ACs last year even if they weren't what was expected.

My guess is sometime in late February, hopefully on February 21st which is my birthday. Interestingly enough, that's also the anniversary of The Legend of Zelda. Either way, I just want to see more of Zelda Wii U.

Ugh, no, please. No leaks. :( At least not any big ones...

I'd think it'd be pretty sweet if Link was a girl this time around, actually. Unlike other series with a set protagonist, there are many Links scattered throughout time, and they're all born with "the spirit of a hero", so I think it'd be a pretty cool new take on it. I'd like them to reveal something like that.

And no, I don't mean that Zelda would become a male prince that looks just like Link.

As for something else entirely and related to the thread I wrote yesterday, I wonder if Nintendo will be the ones releasing news about Zero Time Dilemma; it's not theirs, but it'll be released on their console, and the creator of the series said we'd see a video "before the snow melts".

Edited by Thane

Directs don't happen on Wednesdays though, they're always Tuesdays or Thursdays as far as I've seen. :P

maybe we'll get the announcement of a direct

So, you sages of the internet, what will they show us? Will they save all the hype for Zelda to E3, or will we get more than just a little teaser?

2 second of gameplay

or

5 seconds of Link riding a horse through an open field

most likely we will get more on Twilight Meh HD

sorry I meant Twilight Princess HD

and release window for smt x fe

along with an english title

Edited by Captain Karnage

I'd think it'd be pretty sweet if Link was a girl this time around, actually.

Sorry, but Zelda Wii U's Link was confirmed to be male. Aonuma referred to him as a he. Also, what does this have to do with my post? xP

Edited by Anacybele