Chapter 6 Restart?

Soonaynay

Could someone please briefly explain how restarting from chapter 6 (starting a new save file) works exactly? I understand that you can pick different avatars, and just start playing from that point onwards, but how does the game calculate factors like leveling and stat growths? If your first Kamui reached lvl 7 at chapter 6, does that mean all subsequent Kamui's will also be lvl 7?

All subsequent Kamui will also be lv7 with the same stat growth. Asset/Flaw change your base stats, so you stats can be different.

Other units also keeps their level and stat growth. We cannot change their base stats so they will remain the same stats.

Jakob and Felicia don't share their levels, so one of them will have some level-ups while the other won't.

Edited by Tooru

Could someone please briefly explain how restarting from chapter 6 (starting a new save file) works exactly? I understand that you can pick different avatars, and just start playing from that point onwards, but how does the game calculate factors like leveling and stat growths? If your first Kamui reached lvl 7 at chapter 6, does that mean all subsequent Kamui's will also be lvl 7?

Yes, Kamui will have the exact same level, EXP and stats as when you last beat Chapter 5 on every playthrough you start from Chapter 6.

If you choose a different Asset/Flaw combo, your stats will be modified accordingly, but I believe all stat-ups you got from leveling up will remain the same. Don't quote me on that last bit though- If that's not the case, I'm assuming the game will use the same RNG you got from your previous levels, but factoring your new growths (ex.: I choose a Speed flaw instead of a Speed asset. I am inclined to think the somewhat significant growth difference will cause me to lose that one Speed level-up because it used to be higher- otherwise you could manipulate this to get, say, a very bulky avatar that had a Defense asset that suddenly became swifter because his asset changed to Speed.)

Edited by ItzMeeMario