Zera's Pikmin Poll

Zera

Pikmin...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pikmin games have you played?

2. 2. Which is your favorite?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a poll about Xenoblade Chronicles. It sure doesn't look like a Nintendo game... but it is one... somehow. What are your thoughts on the series?

As far as Xenoblade VS Xenoblade X goes, the combat and ability to change classes and access a variety of abilities is probably better in xenoblade x. Xenoblade X's world is also really great to run around in. And skells are pretty fun. But Xenoblade actually has an acceptable storyline, characters, etc, sometimes a pretty good one. X's story and characters are pretty cruddy from what I've seen (chapter 10/12). Xenoblade has a good soundtrack, X's is alright. X has better grafix for the most part, but I feel like you don't have as much of an idea of what some attacks are doing in combat and what the enemies are doing. X is more bloated IMO. Also, I find it hard to read some of the gameplay related text in X. Finally, I feel like X has more bloat and some more annoying more minor irritations (small game design annoyances).

Xenoblade X doesn't really have anything quite as cool as the monado IMO.

TATSU<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<RIKKI

Edited by Togami Byakuga

Yeah, can't vote cause I only played X.

I'm liking XCX so far. Some things I don't like (some of the suits and characters are too suggestive for my tastes...), but it's a very good game with lots to do. ...If you're not getting constantly overpowered or outnumbered, that is.

Yeah, can't vote cause I only played X.

I'm liking XCX so far. Some things I don't like (some of the suits and characters are too suggestive for my tastes...), but it's a very good game with lots to do. ...If you're not getting constantly overpowered or outnumbered, that is.

You can still vote, there are options for people who only played X.

If you don't like a particular piece of gear's looks just use fashion equipment. You can lock the appearance of part of a character's gear to a piece of equipment even if it isn't equipped. I think you can even then sell the equipment and keep the look (though it won't be available to be equipped again). Personally, I'm a big fan of Elma's default torso armor, she's locked into it even though I'm near the end of the game. Also, I hate helmets that keep you from seeing a character's face, so I give characters head pieces that keep their heads visible.

I just found out that XCX has DLC that helps with load times or quality or something. Hoping to install it because I was just thinking today that the enemy loading time is kind of annoying (sometimes enemies near to you spawn after enemies far from you, making it hard to determine a safe area and such).

You can still vote, there are options for people who only played X.

If you don't like a particular piece of gear's looks just use fashion equipment. You can lock the appearance of part of a character's gear to a piece of equipment even if it isn't equipped. I think you can even then sell the equipment and keep the look (though it won't be available to be equipped again). Personally, I'm a big fan of Elma's default torso armor, she's locked into it even though I'm near the end of the game. Also, I hate helmets that keep you from seeing a character's face, so I give characters head pieces that keep their heads visible.

I just found out that XCX has DLC that helps with load times or quality or something. Hoping to install it because I was just thinking today that the enemy loading time is kind of annoying (sometimes enemies near to you spawn after enemies far from you, making it hard to determine a safe area and such).

How do you do this? Is it the fashion gear or a different command?

How do you do this? Is it the fashion gear or a different command?

Ya fashion gear. I think you go into party gear and hit x or something? The game displays the various commands, one of the displayed commands is for fashion gear. It should stay even if you change equip.

I'm not sure if you can fashion gear your weapons.

Edited by Togami Byakuga

I was going to post this in a different topic, but figured this may be a better place.

I have both Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Oddly enough, I "finished" X first before the original, even though I can initiate the endgame in the first one. Actually, I still need to get around to doing the endgame on the first, but I'm holding back because of my completionist self wants to do all of the sidequests...

Both games are good and share similarities in the gameplay mechanics, but otherwise the similarities end there. If I were to break them down into simple categories, I would say pick up the original for the story and character development while obtaining X for the gameplay and exploration. Both games are a completionist nightmare due to all of the content available (especially if one wants to see all of the different branching dialogues and options), but I'll say the original is harder for completionists due to the timed nature. Overall, if I had to recommend over the other, I would say pick up X because of its gameplay and sidequests. Otherwise, pick up XC for the characters and story.

[spoiler=Xenoblade Chronicles X Details]

As for me, I was stuck to X from start to finish, but got burned out after completing the main story and obtaining the "ultimate" Skell after 177 hours, all within the month of January. Note that I still have yet to finish all of the sidequests and fight the super bosses, even after clocking in 177 hours of playtime. The gameplay and sidequests, as well as the goal to obtain the ultimate skell, kept me going even after the main story was completed. However, after obtaining the Skell, I ran into the classic problem where I was practically one-shotting everything and there was no real challenge to be had, and without the Skell, I had no idea what exactly I should be fighting. Being lost and tiring of grinding lower level characters for their special Affinity quests, I stopped playing.

Xenoblade Chronicles X sets itself up for a sequel, and I really want to know more about Mira and everything that is going on. I also want to see if save data transfers, because I want to run around again as my amazing character who is totally not an agent of the Brotherhood of Nod (Seth. Just. Seth.) and see the actions that he took effect the next installment. I want to know more about some NPCs and how they are getting along, X does a good job of making memorable NPC characters, even if they are mostly just there for one quest or two.

That aside, X leaves a player wanting. For the most part, Elma is in the spotlight, and that is not necessarily a bad thing (I enjoy being the bad*** rookie who just happens to be tagging along), but the main story is so focused on Elma that the other playable characters do not get developed as much. Yes, there is only one city and hub area unlike the original, and are technically less areas than the original, but the gameplay and sidequests held my attention for X. The world of X is an interesting one, and there are so many other unanswered questions that needs answering.

The gameplay is an improvement upon the original, and I enjoy the expanded class system. However, as I played, a part of me wishes I could customize my party members as well instead of them being locked to their class, especially for endgame purposes because Ghost Walker (Dual Guns) is immensely OP and breaks the game. (I don't use Ghost Walker, Assault Rifle for life!) The ability to have cosmetic armor is wonderful, and I ended up having most characters wear their default skins instead of whatever I equipped them with for lore reasons. I did end up customizing some outfit designs for some characters (Doug wears shades, Hope wears trek pants, Irina has a hybrid of Candid and Credible gear, Elma wears Trek Gear after beating the game [eventually I plan for the special armor set, but I gotta farm for that...], etc.)

The sidequests are also amazing for me, and their stories blow the original out of the water. I don't even remember much about the special original sidequests (sure, there was one that was voiced, something about adventurers, and one lengthly Nopon one that was good), but X has so much more. One of the quests reminded me of Resident Evil, another has an alien fall from the sky, and yet another has your party meet another on a simple mission that soon turns south and dark rather quickly. The Definian quests were memorable, and... there's just too many good side quests in X!

Overall, I loved X. It is the better game than the original, but the main story, characters, and music of the original are superior to X. I guess it also helps that voice acting was done somewhat differently for the original, making it more unique.

[spoiler=Xenoblade Chronicles Details]

Now for the original, I had bursts of playtime, but did not stick with it from the start to the end. One time while playing our "entertainment multi-system" broke, leaving me unable to play XC for some time. Then there were multiple bursts where I would play and have a blast, but then those accursed time sidequests would halt my progress and I would stop playing because I wanted to do those before the main story, even though I truly just wanted to play the story and do the sidequests later. My last play session had me go all the way up to the endgame initation, but stopped because I wanted to do some side quests before continuing...

A certain cutscene near the start of the game had a large impact on me, since I did not experience that sort of event in another game that many have likely played or know about. I loved Shulk's quest, and when the game transforms into something else (the ending of Bionis, the Mechonis arc, and of course endgame), everything just has a purpose in the original. I loved revisting Colony 9 to see what was going on, alongside other city hubs and see what all was going on.

Honestly, the story and character interactions makes Xenoblade Chronicles amazing, as well as the superb music. The villains are fun, the side characters (Squaretache) are amusing, and the main ones have amazing development all round (Melia and Shulk, Dunban being himself, Riki being the superior Heropon, etc.) If I said any more, I feel like I would spoil the game, and XC is best experienced for yourself. Yes, the gameplay is fun in the original, but X does improve upon it immensely (although X does do some odd changes here and there - why is the affinity chart different? The original Affinity Chart is superior to whatever this new system is!).

In the end, the original has an amazing main story and main cast of characters, best experienced for yourself. X focuses more on the gameplay aspect, and character building is more done in sidequests, but is still not enough for the main characters.

[spoiler=Comparison Chart]

Xenoblade Chronicles

- Is far more story focused than X, has a superior story to X, and arguably even better characters all round.

-- Has Riki. Riki is superior to Tatsu from X in every aspect. Riki is the true Heropon!

-- I dare say Shulk is a better protagonist than Elma, but Elma's story does not seem done yet...

-- Dunban. That is all.

- Is a completionist nightmare due to timed quests. Granted, it does warn the player and gives more than enough ample time to complete them (the triggers are moving too far into the story), but as a player who likes to finish the main story first then do all the sidequests, this sorta sucks.

- Personally, I liked the music from the original more than X. While X has its fair share of nice tracks, I'm not too big on the vocals and rapping. Sure, it did grow on me after a while, but it still doesn't beat the original OST in my opinion. (Help me, I still have NLA in my head.)

- The side quests can become tedious and boring, not to mention hard to find and complete without using an external guide. Sure, the game may tell you where to go in NPC text, but not necessarily in the quest text itself! This is problematic if one takes a break from the game and wants to go back into it.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Takes the mechanics of Xenoblade Chronicles and improve upon them. The Fashion Gear is amazing (I mostly ran with the default outfits for most characters, but some I do have some more custom fashion builds.), and I enjoy the class feature of X.

- Has an avatar character to mess around with.

- Has some of the best sidequests I've seen. X can go real dark at times with some of these, as well as an in-depth quest chain that deals with a certain enemy-oriented race. Seriously, try the sidequests in X, they are amazing. The original had some fun sidequests here and there (one was voiced), but I found the original sidequests to be more frustrating and lean more toward "Kill X and get Y", even though X has its fair share of generic questing.

- The world and lore of X is amazing. Technically, both the original and X have amazing worlds and lore, but X leaves so much open that I want to know more about everything.
- Despite the world building and lore, the lack of main character development and story progression is lacking. The main story in X can be completed rather quickly, so you will want to do the sidequests (which are amazing) to supplement your experience. If one plays just for the main story, I dare say one will be disappointed with X.

why did you give people an option to say they didn't play xenoblade but then force them to vote on a xenoblade game

Integ, what's wrong with Xenoblade Chronicles that you'd rate it a 1/10?

If you look at his other votes, he hasn't actually played the game and is probably trying to make fun of the fact that having an "I haven't even played this" option in a poll is kind of redundant.

If you look at his other votes, he hasn't actually played the game and is probably trying to make fun of the fact that having an "I haven't even played this" option in a poll is kind of redundant.

it's good to have the option as a threadmaster so you know how many people who are watching the thread haven't played it

if you had a majority of people who hadn't instead of had, that would definitely change how you wanted to go about discussing the game

(if zera is using the poll data properly like that, otherwise it just lets people feel included!)

also, more importantly, i'm not sure what you mean by redundant. the opt-out option is in every question because you can't vote in the poll if you don't check something for each question

false

you attribute too much motive to me; simply read my votes straight down and you will understand:

"i have not played any xenoblade, i can't say which xenoblade chronicles is better, i don't know what xenoblade is better, what i do know is that xenoblade is bad"

Is 25 votes a good time to start analyzing results?

25 is a good amount to expect from this thread specifically, yes