Zera's Pikmin Poll

Zera

Pikmin...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pikmin games have you played?

2. 2. Which is your favorite?

Poll results

- Two thirds of voters have played Xenoblade.

- No voter played Xenoblade X exclusively. I presume the Metascore and cheaper price of Xenoblade 3D is why.

- Most haven't played both versions of Xenoblade, so version preference is undetermined.

- Of those that played both games, more prefer Xenoblade than Xenoblade X.

- Assuming Integrity and maybe were troll votes, the average rating here is 8.6 out of 10. (The Metacritic scores are 92 and 8.9)

Thank you for participating. Tryhard, shinpichu, I am curious as to why you rated it a 6.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- No voter played Xenoblade X exclusively. I presume the Metascore and cheaper price of Xenoblade 3D is why.

I played X exclusively (so far). I'd rate it an 8.

one could argue that there's no sample size that you could gather from this forum that's representative, since the forum's population is inherently biased and not at all representative of any global truths besides itself

tbh

Thank you for participating. Tryhard, shinpichu, I am curious as to why you rated it a 6.

Xenoblade Chronicles essentially takes the form of an offline MMO, including all of the bad parts without the social aspect. The combat, like most MMOs, is not anything special. The characters are hit and miss, I didn't particularly like Shulk. The story is okay in my opinion, the music is great. But I can't stand that a lot of the actual gameplay flow is derivative and uninteresting without having the strengths of actually being online like other MMOs. I don't think it's a particularly strong RPG on its own if that's what its intended to be. Areas aren't really consistent with some being very good and others being "swim through water for 10 real minutes".

I got to like the end of Valak Mountains before I gave up because it became tedious, and I don't think I was particularly enjoying the game to the degree others were even far before that. I heard the ending section of the game is quite good but I didn't have the patience to get to it.

6/10: burned myself out on other MMOs that remain better because I can play with other people, even without a fairly decent/good overarching story. It has pretty boring quests and areas aren't as numerous/large as MMOs, so it felt like when I was playing there wasn't enough incentive to continue.

Edited by Tryhard

truly, then, is any sample size sufficient at all..........

I thought it was pretty obvious that the scope of the poll was Serenes Forest Forum members.

• 2 weeks later...

I played Pikmin 3 today, and it is a nice game. The gameplay and overall aesthetic really capture the classic feeling of Pikmin. With this new poll topic, I'd like to know what you think about the Pikmin series, and whether you're looking forward to Pikmin 4.

one could argue that there's no sample size that you could gather from this forum that's representative, since the forum's population is inherently biased and not at all representative of any global truths besides itself

tbh

That, and SF's poll system is naturally biased by means of being voluntary response.

I mean, people who come into a thread with "Xenoblade" in the title are more likely to have played Xenoblade, and people with strong feelings on the matter are more likely to vote. I for one never actually entered the thread while it was about Xenoblade because I've never played either game.

It's an issue about thread polls in general actually. There's no real way to change that, so no poll on this site can be considered truly representative.

I have never really played a Pikmin game (sad, I know). I've only played the multiplayer of Pikmin 2 for like, five minutes, and the demo for Pikmin 3. I'm working on it.