So I went to church tonight

eclipse

Normally, my church is held on a Saturday night (don't ask). Instead, it was held tonight, complete with a guest speaker and his wife. After a while, the guest speaker's wife got the microphone, and she started her section of the program. It covered things that I doubt most of you are interested in, and kept going for a while. She then mentioned what kind of music she'd blast to torture educate her kids. And then starts singing a certain Rick Astley song.

Never thought I'd be rickrolled by a pastor's wife!

That doesn't surprise me. The church lately has taken a "hello fellow kids I too am hip and cool" to getting kids interested in God.

Moment of silence for all the children who survived christian rock and christian rap.

Edited by Solkia

What exactly is she trying to teach her children with that song?

Visibly patience and trolling. Now, the scary thing is, the pastor's wife apparently did that on purpose. Normally they put those patience and trolling in you head... by trying to teach you something else instead.

Huh, churches changed compared to my time.

More seriously, that must have been fun actually. I sure wish they did that, eh.

Edited by B.Leu

That doesn't surprise me. The church lately has taken a "hello fellow kids I too am hip and cool" to getting kids interested in God.

Moment of silence for all the children who survived christian rock and christian rap.

Christian rap sucks, Christian rock isn't really a hip cool thing. It puts more energy into worshipping God, which is great. I actually play drums for the worship band at my church, and even though the songs aren't great, they get a message across and energize the people, making them want to come back and in the process learn more. My church though is definitely one of the better ones out there and unfortunately a lot of churches are going down the "hip and cool" route. Also, if you really want cringe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE

Don't forget Christian Dubstep.

I once went to a youth group with an acquaintance a few years ago, and my goodness, the music (rock and dubstep) was so loud that I literally struggled just to have a conversation with someone. Of course, the music wasn't playing while the youth pastor gave the lesson, but right after he finished, the music started blaring again. Apparently an elderly couple complained about it, and the youth pastor had the nerve to mock them later saying "They're old. What do they know?" (So much for teaching respect for your elders...). Needless to say, I stopped attending that group.

Did you also get pregnant while in church? Because that's apparently been happening in the Netherlands and its causing a bit of a shitstorm.

As Hawaii and the Netherlands are quite the opposites, nope~!

Geez guys, I thought it was kind of funny, since the joke went over mostly everyone's heads, and my church is aimed at an older demographic. 'sides, I listen to techno/trance, 'cause lyrics are overrated. :P:

As long as the lyrics don't make me uncomfortable (like putting political messages in them ARKASIA I'M LOOKING AT YOU), I'll listen to it.

RIP David Bowie, but alas. . .that melody and I don't click. . .