Do You Have a Video Game Specialty?

CooledEvergreen

Is there a particular game/game genre that you are particularly good at? A game/game genre you were able to complete it's challenges/adapt to at a faster pace then most?

For me, I'm really good at rhythm games for some reason, I have a good sense of rhythm so maybe that's why. I'm also pretty good at Mario Kart. (Although I haven't played it in a while.)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a whole Summer about 3 years ago, playing this:

5342341.jpg

I spent hours owning the computer player, (Although to be honest, I had a cheap strategy switching the modes to get guaranteed hits)

Not really limited to a particular genre, but if a game has any puzzle sections I can usually figure those out pretty quickly. I like to think I'm pretty good at stealth games too. For all I know, I might be terrible compared to others.

I think it's fighting games for me. Even back when we were little kids, these were the only games I could consistently beat my brothers in. :P They did better in everything else.

RPGs is what I would say, but I still do kinda poorly if I'm not having a ton of support. SRPGs not included in the "I'm good" pile though. It's telling that I own every Advance Wars game but have beaten none of them. I do tend to ace Radiant Dawn though.

I lose at Platformers and Fighting Games too much to be even slightly good. I mean, I shouldn't be having trouble with New Super Mario Bros U as early as World 2... I can't really win at Fighting Games ever. I don't really play shooters, so all that leaves of stuff I like is like Ace Attorney, which I still tend to fail at.

Crash Team Racing. I'm also really good at the first three Crash Bandicoot games. I played them constantly growing up, and I still play them (and always will), I've mastered (nearly) every aspect of them.

No specific genres, though. Just certain games.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Handheld RPGs- I've beaten a bunch of them, and I think I can work my way around them fairly well.

Rhythm games maybe? Only played both Theatrhythms and Rhythm Thief, and I did well at them (In Rhythm thief, I actually got the max score in one of the endless mini games...)

Puzzle games too? I dunno... Just give me puzzles and I'll try and solve them.

mario and luigi and tales of I have done no damage run of every M and L without using any gimmicks to nullify damage like badges and I have also doing great on tales of the abyss in unknown (which is the highest difficulty)

Edited by Devil's Hellfire

Though everyone else is getting good at it, like, alot, i've definitely got better at Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

I can dash-dance for quite an absurd amount of time... sometimes... only if i have the time... time...

Rpg in general, be it jrpg, western rpg, action rpg, tactical rpg. I actually find myself planning my characters in terms of stats, classes, equip and whatnot so much that sometimes I spend more time doing that than playing the game (for example, planning pairings and final skillsets in awakening or planning equip and stats in dark souls).

Other than that, I love racing games, they are the only kind of sport games that I play (that quidditch game for ps2 doesn't count, right?).

[spoiler= Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story]

I can get Dark Bowser to spit out Fawful on the first turn because of the Intruder Fangs and Broggy Bonker.

I'm also really good as Vergil in Devil May Cry 3.

Any time a game gives me a sword/knife/fist/hammer/axe that I can run with and punch/stab someone in the face with, I'm set. Even if it's a game telling me to be stealthy like Assassin's Creed, I do everything within my power to just run up and stab. That strategy usually works for almost any game I play, even tougher ones like Bloodborne/Dark Souls.

Everyone who thinks they're the shit at rhythm games needs some IIDX in their life. That game will eat you alive several times over.

Mine. . .nah, I play what I think is fun. I get good enough to play what I like, and no more. . .unless it's IIDX, where I'm still nowhere near as good as I want to be!