Do You Have a Video Game Specialty?

CooledEvergreen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself pretty good at Mario Kart and I love Rhythm Games to boot so I consider myself good at them too. But, rhythm games can be tricky because I can do most if not all Project Diva/Mirai songs on Hard and even Super Hard but I can barely keep up with hard songs in Osu.

I am good at good games. If I am bad, it means the game is bad. Yup.

My best game accomplishment was beating F-Zero GX's story mode on Very Hard.

My next big challenge is to beat Sin and Punishment 2 on Hard without dying (And maybe get a highscore over 400,000,000 points in the process.)

platformers, turn based rpgs, visual novels, arcade style racing games and puzzle games

i grew up playing mario games and traditional turn based rpgs alot.... also loads of puzzle games like tetris and puzzle bobble....

i am also good at visual novels with multiple endings or logic puzzle themed visual novels

im really good at games like professor layton, ace attorney or 9 persons 9 hours and 9 doors

... i can speed run loads of different platformers and 2D side scrollers...

and i love mario kart and games like daytona USA... i can play those for hours... i dont like realistic racing games... arcade style only

but i do like games that use cars like arcade racers like crazy taxi :)

Stealth games. I've always loved stealth games, and I find them really easy for me to pick up and get the hang of it. Probably because they are all about patience and adapting to changes. That and I found Dark Souls II pretty easy. Everyone talks about how hard the soul series is, but I found them difficult, although not near as difficult as what people say.

I hold(held?) the world record for one minigame in a minigame-type arcade game, so maybe that I suppose? I also made it into the world leaderboards in Mario Kart Wii's Luigi Circuit and Mushroom Hill, and a N64 course on Mario Kart 7, and beat AI Super Sonic as Tails Doll on Sonic R Resort Island, so racing was probably under my wing too. Not anymore now though.

Edited by NoMansLand

I'm mediocre at most games, but I've made certain accomplishments through sheer force of will (and repetition). I have a few difficult action games under my belt including Dracula's Curse, Rondo of Blood, Ghost and Goblins, a sl1 run of Dark Souls and a few casual pseudo "speed runs" of Metroid: Zero Mission.

On the RPG side of things there's Baldur's Gate, several odd challenge runs in Fire Emblem, and an ascension from Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

Platformers/sidescrollers definitely. I'm good at Castlevania games specifically. Probably pretty okay at dungeon crawlers too. Otherwise generally competent.

I wish I could say I'm good at shmups, but I'm not all that good at them. I've improved a great deal though!

i'm actually pretty terrible at most video games other than Fire Emblem. Star Fox 64, and Sonic Generations. I was top 10 in 4 of the classic stages for a few months on the release of generations, and i've broken 2000 kills on SF64,

One playthrough, the game keeps your top 10 best records.

Note that it's not actually 2000 kills, you get bonus points for getting multiple enemies with one charge shot.

Edited by General Horace

I'm good at RPGs (strategy/turn based), Puzzle, Adventure, Racing, maybe Platformers cause Mario since I was born, and I've gotten into Bayonetta games lately; it's just the matter of me having some interest into the game, mostly. Also, I'm terrible on Action, Fighters, Shooters and Rhythm.

I'm not a fan of genres in particular, though.

First person here to mention FPS.

I grew up on first-person shooters like Halo, Wolfenstein, Goldeneye (I remember playing that game with friends and banning Oddjob because you couldn't hit the fucker)... So at this point, we're talking Farcry, Borderlands, Bioshock and all those RPFPS goodies.

Less so Call of Duty and Battlefield, I never actually owned any of those games which is a bit of a shame.

I'm pretty solid at most games except shooters in general, but I guess I tend to pick up Smash games and Fire Emblem games pretty quickly. I don't have any game I'm pro level at, unfortunately, I'm no speed-runner or top-tier gamer. More like B or A-tier, if S-tier is high-level-speedrunning or pro tier.